Does anybody else think Axl should have brought in Pavarotti or one of the other tenors to add some back up vocals to This I Love?

Randy Lahey

Does anybody else think Axl should have brought in Pavarotti or one of the other tenors to add some back up vocals to This I Love?

Holy shit. No way. Axl is a guy from Indiana. Those guys are trained racehorses.

Think of Freddie. He had a wonderful rock voice, but in that duet for the olympics he sounded so thin and reedy trading lines with an opera singer.

Edited by HubbaBubba

Man, some people have the most bizarrely god-like views of Axl Rose.

No, Axl should not have "brought in" a world-famous classical singer for his shitty, cringe-worthy song. Never mind the fact that no singer of that caliber would go work with him anyway.

God damn, Axl rose IS NOT the world's greatest musician of all human history.

He should've brought in Stephen Pearcy to add background nitty gritty rasp.

Lady Gaga and Kanye West fans would have deemed Chinese Democracy intellectually inferior if Axl were to have done that.

Yes but Randy, Stephen Pearcy has the dirty rasp. The rasp so cherished by many fans of Axl Rose. Think of the possibilities of mixing in his vocals with Axl's. The rasp... the rasp... think of the rasp.

As for Lady Gaga's and Kanye West's perceptions on Chinese Democracy's intellectualism, it matters not and you know it. Chinese Democracy has achieved cult status. Its intellectual rating by various celebrities doesn't matter. It's an underground classic. The red-headed step-child. The little engine that could. The beginning and the end. A diamond in the rough.

Carry on, carry on.

Edited by brainsaber

Pavarotti's dead, fucktard.

Well, that's not a very nice response. If you'd been reading the other threads recently you'd realize the joke's on you. Do you and randy not get on?

Pavarotti's dead, fucktard.

I'm pretty sure he was alive at some point during the making of Chinese Democracy.

Oh my yes Josh Groban would have made that song even more of a tearjerking chicken choking whinefest of a song!

The question should be: Should Axl have sold that song to a broadway production and spared the GNR fanbase the silly broken down Dr. Suess like lyrics?