Does anybody else think Axl should have talked Lenny Kravitz into joining GNR?

The Linguini Occurrence

Lenny could have brought so much to the band besides just his guitar playing. His songwriting skills, vocals and good relationship with both Slash and Axl may have helped keep the old lineup together. Heck, Lenny even gave Axl boxing lessons after his fight with Hilfiger.

Check out this video if you don't think Lenny and GNR would work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LccpJQuQ2lk

IF this had happened i probably would have preferred it as a one-off collaboration record. i wouldn't really want him as a full-time, permanent member, to be frank.

but you're right, at a certain point in time he could have lent an interesting dynamic to the group. so too could have a lot of other musicians. it's a shame that the group fell apart and axl was absent from the music scene for so long.

He's a pretty bog standard guitarist and usually relies on his backing band to do lead guitar.

Anyone who's seen the performance of American Woman and Fly Away he did with Prince in 1999 will know what I'm talking about. Prince absolutely slays him. I watch it and feel embarrassed for Lenny.

Edited by Towelie

He's a pretty bog standard guitarist and usually relies on his backing band to do lead guitar.

Anyone who's seen the performance of American Woman and Fly Away he did with Prince in 1999 will know what I'm talking about. Prince absolutely slays him. I watch it and feel embarrassed for Kenny.

There's not much shame in being shamed by Prince, that guy's a freak. He's even been on the cover of Kerrang!