Curse of Chucky, anyone?

MrFinish

(SPOILER ALERT) THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR CURSE OF CHUCKY!

Come on, at least one of you know who Chucky is. That ginger doll looking for a soul? (Proof, that ginger don't have souls... they do).

I watched the newest Chucky flick; ''Curse of Chucky'' in Sep. 25. I thought it was pretty effin' good. CGI sucked, tho'. Story was great. +Intense, +Good story, +Decent twists, -Scars... -/+Tiffany.

Acting was great, Brad Dourif's (Chucky) daughter is also in it, and we see a beloved friend. Yes, Andy. And we all thought that ol' Chuck wouldn't have scars and Jennifer Tilly would be dropped out... looks like we were wrong.

But, anyway. What did you think of the movie? I would give it a 8.5/10.

Guest Len B'stard

Posted about this a while back. I have no interest in it. I know it's supposed to be scary like the films pre-Bride of Chucky, but it's a fucking doll. Kick it.

Exactly, fuckin' just punt the fucker :lol:

• Like 1

I gotta watch this. The first Chucky was one of the films that scared me the most in my life. Well, it's true that I was 7 when I watched it but that's irrelevant.

Scared me & I was in my 20s & had to drive home afterwards worrying about this horrible doll in the backseat. Ran from the car to the house & put on all the lights to my room - the others never lived up to the first so after the 2nd one I gave up. The doll looked different & with follow up movies they just make them more violent & end up with a mess of a film with no proper story.

Oh my. I just watched this. What a terrible piece of crap. I've seen cartoons with faster plot development.

It's slow, boring and I can see why it was never released in theaters. I would not recommend this movie.

Only the cameos make the ending worth watching.

Edited by 31illusions

I just watched it too. It was what it was for a direct to DVD film. Certainly the weakest entry in the franchise and the single location made the film boring at times.

But it did give me two things I've craved from Chucky films for years: First was re-introducing Charles Lee Ray into the narrative. Brad was absolutely ferocious as the human counterpart of that doll in the few minutes of that first film and I always thought that if they could somehow bring him back as a human personality, it would accentuate how evil he was in both forms.

Second was getting to see Andy Barclay again. That was a neat throwback.

(SPOILER ALERT) THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR CURSE OF CHUCKY!

Come on, at least one of you know who Chucky is. That ginger doll looking for a soul? (Proof, that ginger don't have souls... they do).

I watched the newest Chucky flick; ''Curse of Chucky'' in Sep. 25. I thought it was pretty effin' good. CGI sucked, tho'. Story was great. +Intense, +Good story, +Decent twists, -Scars... -/+Tiffany.

Acting was great, Brad Dourif's (Chucky) daughter is also in it, and we see a beloved friend. Yes, Andy. And we all thought that ol' Chuck wouldn't have scars and Jennifer Tilly would be dropped out... looks like we were wrong.

But, anyway. What did you think of the movie? I would give it a 8.5/10.

K I saw this on dvd, but wasn't sure it was worth buying it.

K I think I'll check it out. I've seen all the other movies so many times.

K watched Curse of Chucky on ON DEMAND last night and I have to say it was very good. The kililngs were awesome and the storyline was very good also. I always wondered where Charles L. Ray came from when he went into the toy store? Also for being a sicko doll, he still had the power to frame someone else for his crimes.

Considering the first Chucky was made in 1988, I thought this was one of the best chapters in the series.

One thing, though, Andy was only seen in photos and it would have been cool to see him now in the movie. I think having Andy come back and possibly battle Chucky again would have been cool, but obviously they left it open for new chapters of Chucky.

Anyway, it was way better than Bride of Chucky and Seed of chucky. I think this was one of the best movies after Chucky 2.

Well, I'll have to disagree Val22. This was the worst one so far. Bride of Chucky is my all time favorite.

One thing, though, Andy was only seen in photos and it would have been cool to see him now in the movie. I think having Andy come back and possibly battle Chucky again would have been cool, but obviously they left it open for new chapters of Chucky.

Hmm. Did you watch a different movie? The guy at the end who received the package of Chucky WAS Andy. That's the original actor. First time he's been in a Chucky movie in 23 years.

Well, I'll have to disagree Val22. This was the worst one so far. Bride of Chucky is my all time favorite.

Hmm. Did you watch a different movie? The guy at the end who received the package of Chucky WAS Andy. That's the original actor. First time he's been in a Chucky movie in 23 years.

Okay, not the cop? I was wondering if that was him. Please tell me which guy he was since I obviously missed it. lol Thanks.

You have to watch past the credits. The ending (after the credits) was the best ending to any Child's Play movie. "Play with this!"

So does this movie ignore Bride of Chucky or did Tiffany become a human again? And if Chucky is doing his voodoo on the little girl, why is he a doll again when he's mailed to Andy?

You have to watch past the credits. The ending (after the credits) was the best ending to any Child's Play movie. "Play with this!"

So does this movie ignore Bride of Chucky or did Tiffany become a human again? And if Chucky is doing his voodoo on the little girl, why is he a doll again when he's mailed to Andy?

Okay, I didn't check after the credits. Damn, I should have.

Anyway, Tiffany is human again and is chucky's partner in crime.

I thought it was a good movie and made in the vein of one and two.

Okay, so then he was chucky the doll again and not the little girl? Okay, weird. anyway, didn't he become human in that doll a few movies back and couldn't possess anyone.

I guess they took liberties with the storyline again. I actually think they totally skipped the movie where they had a kid. That was so stupid.

Okay, did Andy looked shocked when he opened the box or didn't they show his face and expression?

I just liked how we finally found out what Charles Lee Ray was doing before he ran into the toy store. I actually thought he robbed a bank or some other robbery. I don't know why I thought that. I guess because he went back and killed that one guy in the old house and then the voodoo priest who actually taught him the spell.

I guess this movie left some very important unanswered questions again.

Thanks so much for showing the ending to this movie.

I think it was an excellent way to end it. Finally, Andy has some closure.

But I guess Chucky trying to possess the little girl didn't work?

I thought once he became human in that doll he couldn't get out?

Well, it's the movies and they can do whatever they want to do, but I'm glad Andy got his revenge.