If Slash has closed the book on GN'R, why does he continue to play GN'R songs at his concerts?

wfuckinga

Can someone point out the post where someone says that Axl doesn't sell more than Slash? I can't find it.

Damn Smooth is punching at the air and thinks he's winning the fight or whatever.

You said he's doing better, I clarified it for anything you want to classify as better. We've been over this already. Is your short term memory honestly that fucked? If so, I apologize. I really feel bad if I'm dealing with the mentally challenged.

Deluded Slash fan: Slash is releasing live albums, Axl doesn't

DS: True, but any album Slash has released live or otherwise sucks ass.

Deluded Slash fan: Slash is releasing an album every 2 years, Axl every 20 years

DS: See above. No need for different replies to the same statement.

Deluded Slash fan: Slash doesn't old grudges for 20 years

DS: It's hold not old, you silly monkey. And I see no evidence that Slash isn't holding a grudge.

Deluded Slash fan: Slash doesn't call a woman 5 years older than him "mom"

DS: You're a much bigger Beta fan than I, so if you have issues there must be something wrong.

etc

etc

ect

I don't understand what we're saying at all...

Where did this "sane person" say any of that with me responding that? It's sad what's become of the delusional Slash worshippers when they have to fail at comedy to make a point that only exists in their fragile little minds.

Just to be nice though, I fixed another ignorant post free of charge. You're welcome yet again.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Stating facts is being delusional now? Anything Slash is doing better your response is that Axl sells more. If that makes Axl better, good, I guess. It was fun talking to you but it's getting tiring now.

Slash isn't doing anything better. I much prefer Axl's strategy of nothing but the hits to Slash's strategy of "I'm going to force my shit on everybody here in hopes that one of them will be stupid enough to buy my lamest latest album." In everything not up to opinion, Slash is doing far worse than Axl. It's not my problem if that bothers you. :shrugs:

Stating facts is being delusional now? Anything Slash is doing better your response is that Axl sells more. If that makes Axl better, good, I guess. It was fun talking to you but it's getting tiring now.

Slash isn't doing anything better. I much prefer Axl's strategy of nothing but the hits to Slash's strategy of "I'm going to force my shit on everybody here in hopes that one of them will be stupid enough to buy my lamest latest album." In everything not up to opinion, Slash is doing far worse than Axl. It's not my problem if that bothers you. :shrugs:

To me Slash is the complete opposite of Axl, and I think Axl is doing almost everything wrong. I like what Slash is doing, I even liked his horror movie. He can continue what he's doing because it's pretty good imo, you don't have to like what he does but to think what he's doing is worse than Axl is silly. I'd much rather have cds, dvds, movies and refreshing shows than nothing or the same old tired shows...

I really wouldn't say far worse anymore. Sure Axls still technically doing better touring wise, but now he's having a hard time even selling out clubs in the us and canada. He doesn't sell out arenas anymore really anywhere aside from maybe South America. Axl's attendances are starting to dip, while Slash's are staying even from what I know. And that's with Axl's obvious advantages over Slasb.

Playing bowling alleys is just as bad as playing rib fest.

I personally like Slash's approach of taking care of his casual fans as well as his hardcore ones pretty evenly. Most of his shows are post gnr for the majority of his set list, instead of just milking the heyday stuff for a quick buck which he could easily do. That's respectable to me. It's not that I think Axl shouldn't play real gnr songs at his show. But the heavy emphasis he still puts on them after fighting like the dickens to keep the name and "carry it on" that makes it so laughable.

Edited by Bobbo

To me Slash is the complete opposite of Axl, and I think Axl is doing almost everything wrong. I like what Slash is doing, I even liked his horror movie. He can continue what he's doing because it's pretty good imo, you don't have to like what he does but to think what he's doing is worse than Axl is silly. I'd much rather have cds, dvds, movies and refreshing shows than nothing or the same old tired shows...

That's definitely fine. What you prefer is what you prefer.

I really wouldn't say far worse anymore. Sure Axls still technically doing better touring wise, but now he's having a hard time even selling out clubs in the us and canada. He doesn't sell out arenas anymore really anywhere aside from maybe South America. Axl's attendances are starting to dip, while Slash's are staying even from what I know. And that's with Axl's obvious advantages over Slasb.

What were the ticket prices for both those shows again?

Honestly don't know nor care. Either way theyre bottom of the barrel venues for pure has beens

In Axls case it's funnier to me because he has so many more advantages, and for him to get to that point would take some severe fuckin missteps.

But everything Slash has done post contraband has been crap aside from a few songs off each of his outputs. Couldn't agree more with you there.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

Slash shows are usually anywhere between $30-50; wheras axl usually bangs you out for $100-150

• Like 1

Personnaly, he could stop playing GNR songs and I wouldn't mind.. SCOM is getting old and I would be satisfied if he ended the show with Slither or Anastasia. I guess he feels obliged to play them for the casual fans, maybe.

I've seen Slash live, most of his set is covers. I was at the show he played Simple Man at though, that was pretty fuckin' cool

Obvious cupcake is obvious.

this

We were talking about the setlist, why do you start talking about attendance and then blame me for talking about the setlist? And change your glasses I was not whinning about the name.

Learn to read your own posts, friend. You falsely stated that Slash was doing better than Axl. I corrected you. You went into typical Slash fanboy mode and started whining about setlists and the name. Check the last sentence of your previous post that referred to the name in your dwindling comment for name whining reference.

He's doing better in the sense that he doesn't play 7 covers a show and the same old songs from 25 years ago. I thought it was clear.

Like I said, yes you're right, Axl and his band attracts more people, but it appears the numbres are decreasing.

I don't understand what you don't get about what I write.

How is that doing "better" in any way, shape or form? That's only doing things different, and it clearly isn't paying off. Myself, much like the common public, wouldn't want to see Slash play anything but Guns and maybe a couple VR tracks. The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

Axl sings false, out of shape and certainly not on form since 2011

/your argument is invalid

The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

yeah, same for Axl (despite he got the GNR name)

Axl plays close to 3-hour shows. Slash plays for 90 minutes.

go back to MSL's hellhole you Axl cocksucker

i've seen better cupcakes than you

yeah, because you're a cunt :lol:

You really that braindead? Stating something that has nothing to do with anything does not make a point invalid. It's raining outside, your point is invalid. See how well that didn't work?

yeah, i'm really that braindead :lol:

Like the normal people on this planet (not people like you who worship a guy, that can't sing anymore sadly and his existence based only by keeping a b®and name)

You really that braindead? Stating something that has nothing to do with anything does not make a point invalid. It's raining outside, your point is invalid. See how well that didn't work?

Like the normal people on this planet (not people like you who worship a guy, that can't sing anymore sadly and his existence based only by keeping a b®and name)

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Pretending that someone else is worshiping something when you rush in here to defend your dream guy with arguments that apply to nothing. You are one pathetic little fool, I have to give you that much.

Personnaly, he could stop playing GNR songs and I wouldn't mind.. SCOM is getting old and I would be satisfied if he ended the show with Slither or Anastasia. I guess he feels obliged to play them for the casual fans, maybe.

I've seen Slash live, most of his set is covers. I was at the show he played Simple Man at though, that was pretty fuckin' cool

Obvious cupcake is obvious.
this

We were talking about the setlist, why do you start talking about attendance and then blame me for talking about the setlist? And change your glasses I was not whinning about the name.

Learn to read your own posts, friend. You falsely stated that Slash was doing better than Axl. I corrected you. You went into typical Slash fanboy mode and started whining about setlists and the name. Check the last sentence of your previous post that referred to the name in your dwindling comment for name whining reference.

He's doing better in the sense that he doesn't play 7 covers a show and the same old songs from 25 years ago. I thought it was clear.

Like I said, yes you're right, Axl and his band attracts more people, but it appears the numbres are decreasing.

I don't understand what you don't get about what I write.

How is that doing "better" in any way, shape or form? That's only doing things different, and it clearly isn't paying off. Myself, much like the common public, wouldn't want to see Slash play anything but Guns and maybe a couple VR tracks. The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

Axl sings false, out of shape and certainly not on form since 2011

/your argument is invalid

The real world doesn't give a shit about his solo career.

yeah, same for Axl (despite he got the GNR name)

go back to MSL's hellhole you Axl cocksucker

i've seen better cupcakes than you

Wow, personal attack. Not surprised as you have 0 class. #growup
  • Like 1

Like the normal people on this planet (not people like you who worship a guy, that can't sing anymore sadly and his existence

based only by keeping a b®and name)
:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Pretending that someone else is worshiping something when you rush in here to defend your dream guy with arguments that apply to nothing. You are one pathetic little fool, I have to give you that much.

Slash is not my dream guy you stupid ignorant fuckface

I'm "defending" him from the cheap trolling. (which was i do when stupid cupcakes bash Axl with cheap trolling)

You want arguments when all ofyour argument contains only your opinions pretending to be facts...

Defending Axl and bashing Slash with this cheap level is pathetic.

both of them are assholes if you ask me

Wow, personal attack. Not surprised as you have 0 class. #growup

says the guy who uses hashtags on a forum...

Edited by Crash Diet

Crash Diet-

I don't want any argument from you because I already know that you don't have the mental capacity to provide a valid one. You obviously don't understand the definition of trolling either, so you should probably quit using the term. Just because something makes you cry like an infant doesn't make it trolling. It makes you overly sensitive and ignorant. Just saying. :shrugs:

Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 2

That's not 90 minutes.

Exactly. Subtract the endless piano solo's, guitar spots and other fillers that are still put into every GnR show and they come pretty close...

That's not 90 minutes.

Exactly. Subtract the endless piano solo's, guitar spots and other fillers that are still put into every GnR show and they come pretty close...

when you subtract the solo's, band jam's and other band cover songs - Axl's on stage for about 90 -105 min, if that -- so really, slash and co plays a much longer and more original set

If I recall, Brooklyn Bowl was a special, one off intimate gig for fans.

Ribfest, lol

• Like 1

There's a big difference when someone is actually touring with the name Guns N Roses then suppose playing those songs created with said artist. So yeah I don't mind Axl,Duff,Slash,Izzy,etc. playing GnR songs but actually promoting your band like its GnR when it's not, now that's a problem.

The thing is, Axl's band IS GN'R. Like it or not, W. Axl Rose IS Guns N' Roses. The band with Ashba IS GN'R. So why would they promote themselves as something else? Stop living in the past.
Baaaaaaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahaahhaaaa! Sorry, but please don't say that again because I think I just pissed myself! :lol:

There's a big difference when someone is actually touring with the name Guns N Roses then suppose playing those songs created with said artist. So yeah I don't mind Axl,Duff,Slash,Izzy,etc. playing GnR songs but actually promoting your band like its GnR when it's not, now that's a problem.

The thing is, Axl's band IS GN'R. Like it or not, W. Axl Rose IS Guns N' Roses. The band with Ashba IS GN'R. So why would they promote themselves as something else? Stop living in the past.
Baaaaaaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahaahhaaaa! Sorry, but please don't say that again because I think I just pissed myself! :lol:

You're actually dead serious aren't you, Dazey? :lol: