Why are the UK crowds the rowdiest and ballsiest at concerts? Why are they so aggressive and throw things?

saber_

In a recent interview, Bumblefoot openly spoke about how the fans in the UK are the most disrespectful at concerts. Why do you think this is?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Edit:

I changed the title, which originally was:

"Why do you think the UK fans are the most disrespectful at concerts?"

I have left the opening post as it was for reference. Please know that I wasn't intentionally trying to twist or spin what Bumblefoot said. When I read the interview, I felt like Bumblefoot was speaking in euphemisms somewhat, and as such I derived from his descriptions the word "disrespectful."

Furthermore, later in the thread I point out the Dublin 2010 show, where multiple things were thrown at Axl and the band (including possibly glass bottles full of urine). I admit that at the time I posted this thread, I was unaware that southern Ireland is not a part of the UK. I apologize for my ignorance and whoever I may have offended. Hopefully, you can understand what I was getting at nonetheless.

Edited by brainsaber
  • Like 1

I don´t think disrespectful is the right word. Besides I guess SouthAmerican fans behave the same way. I think it has to do with the football (soccer) culture that runs very deeply those parts of the world. They carry to rock concerts a lot of those typical soccer fans rituals and madness. Maybe in the UK they also have the punk culture that still runs deeply as well.

Now... I quite like the British. I've been there a few times (England and Scotland) and they generally seem to be great folks. But yeah, UK crowds (or British people in crowds) seem very rude and rowdy. Mostly because they've spent all day practicing their national sport - drinking.

In a recent interview, Bumblefoot openly spoke about how the fans in the UK are the most disrespectful at concerts. Why do you think this is?

FUCK OFF, LIAR :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

He didn't say "disrespectul" at all, what's the deal about twisting his words into something you'd probably like to hear ??? :drevil:

Anyways, direct quotes from the interview you're reffering to:

I saw you guys at the O2 Arena in London last year, and it was probably the roughest crowd I've ever experienced.

- The UK - they are some aggressive motherfuckers!

There were fights breaking out in the audience, and sadly I had to spent a lot of the show, worrying about...

- Dodging people and things being thrown?

Exactly. How does that affect you, both emotionally and performance-wise, when you're on stage?

- I don't like seeing the audience fighting with each other. Definitely not. But a rowdy, aggressive crowd makes me want to jump off the stage and into the crowd sometimes. It's almost like I like the energy - bring it the fuck on. Sometimes it makes you dig in even harder and be more aggressive. I remember, yeah - May 31st and then June 1st, with Izzy?

Yeah, I saw the second one.

- Nice.

I've seen you five times, and it was a stand-out show in terms of how rowdy the crowd was, definitely. I've also seen you in Norway and Paris and then Denmark, of course. A very different crowd in the UK, for sure. But I guess it's a general thing with UK crowds?

- They are the ballsiest and rowdiest.

Why do you think that is?

- They would need to tell me why it is. You know, I think that's just how it is there and what they do when they go to a show. They get filled with energy, and that's how they let it out. There's a lot of places that are super-energetic. South America.

That's with a more positive spirit, right?

- Yeah, they'll surprise you by making a banner that's a hundred feet wide with some beautiful message on it and things like that. They have a different type of energy.

It sounds nicer.

- Well, you know what? It's different. It's just different. But with both of them, you feel like you're getting a lot from the audience. That doesn't scare me! Bring it the fuck on, UK! Bring it! Bring it! Get rowdy!

:fuckyou:

Interesting, I've been at all 4 O2 gigs in London and don't remember seeing any fights or anything being thrown...

Same, some of the tamest crowds I've ever seen. I remember before the 2010 O2 gigs I saw Slash for the first time in July at the Manchester Academy... Now THAT was a rowdy gig! Nothing too bad, though, it was fun in the end. From the looks of clips on YouTube, the Manchester crowd for GNR in 2010 was pretty rough, too.

The roughest gnr crowd ive been in was newcastle 12 and hammersmith 06.

a bunch of my friends have been to most of the shows ive been but having said glagsow 06 was the roughest out of any gig they have been too.

thread starter is twisting the interview, probs trolling. The interviewer did refer to that one show at the o2 that lots of shit was thrown, causing tommy to rant but all in all its not a reflection of the uk crowds or other uk shows.. or even london.

Was weird, the first night the crowd were normal, 2nd night i stood back and i must have seen 20 cups been thrown on stage. I thought it would piss off axl but it never.

my roughest show was Velvet revolver in glasgow 05, june show. I was 16 and weighed considerably lighter then, but at the time it was rough.

Edited by Axl_morris

Because they don't take shit off anyone, least of all a three hour late old ginger balls

This^...because they still support NuGuns and got tired of Axl's DIVA late bullshit and let him know it...I am surprised at Bumble whining about this as he has bitched about Axl being late himself............

He didn't say that... the interviewer said something like that, Bumble said the UK crowds were a rowdy bunch, he was very diplomatic. He never said anything about disrespect.

Now that is more like what I would expect from him as I am sure he can relate to the crowd as he is a professional, would love to get on stage on time, and is fan friendly...........

The roughest gnr crowd ive been in was newcastle 12 and hammersmith 06.

a bunch of my friends have been to most of the shows ive been but having said glagsow 06 was the roughest out of any gig they have been too.

thread starter is twisting the interview, probs trolling. The interviewer did refer to that one show at the o2 that lots of shit was thrown, causing tommy to rant but all in all its not a reflection of the uk crowds or other uk shows.. or even london.

Was weird, the first night the crowd were normal, 2nd night i stood back and i must have seen 20 cups been thrown on stage. I thought it would piss off axl but it never.

my roughest show was Velvet revolver in glasgow 05, june show. I was 16 and weighed considerably lighter then, but at the time it was rough.

Yeah, after hearing about how rough Glasgow '06 was, I was surprised by how incident-fee Glasgow '12 was, but they were still a good, enthusiastic crowd.

Which 02 night were cups being thrown about? June 1st '12? I don't remember any of that where I was (few rows from front, think I was on the left).

yeah that show. Do you not remember tommy before ycbm ranting about throwing a 20 pence note. It made no sense whatsoever but its what led him to the outburst. Axl picked up coins and put them in his pocket. There will he a youtube im sure. I saw loads of cups too being thrown as well.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

I wasn't trying to twist Bumble's words. I really wasn't. I apologize if "disrespectful" came off as sensationalistic in the opening post. I was trying to rephrase the title's phrasing, and it rewrote it poorly. Nonetheless, Bumble did make some comments about the UK crowds, and that is the focal point here. Is there a difference over there? And if so, why?

However, I will point to Dublin 2010 as a slight counter-point to some of the arguments thus far. That crowd shot themselves in the foot by continuing to throw shit. If you watch the various hand-held videos, you can hear some very angry, disgruntled people in that audience, even before the show was stopped. Axl, to his credit, came back onstage and delivered a fantastic vocal performance, even if he was motionless for the most part.

I wasn't trying to twist Bumble's words. I really wasn't. I apologize if "disrespectful" came off as sensationalistic in the opening post. I was trying to rephrase the title's phrasing, and it rewrote it poorly. Nonetheless, Bumble did make some comments about the UK crowds, and that is the focal point here. Is there a difference over there? And if so, why?

However, I will point to Dublin 2010 as a slight counter-point to some of the arguments thus far. That crowd shot themselves in the foot by continuing to throw shit. If you watch the various hand-held videos, you can hear some very angry, disgruntled people in that audience, even before the show was stopped. Axl, to his credit, came back onstage and delivered a fantastic vocal performance, even if he was motionless for the most part.

You teed one up for me mate and there are so many things I could say in response to this post but just don't have the heart so I will pass................ :lol: