Bumblefoot showing new Gn'R song ideas

Bruno P.

They're all good. The second one sounds like it would be a great song. It's cool how bumblefoot can imagine how these would sound all put together.

I have no doubt the band would be willing to record songs brought in by anyone, bumble, dj, tommy, etc... It's just a matter of Axl putting vocals down and getting the ball rolling on releasing stuff. I have no doubt this band can create great things, it's just a matter of waiting for Axl and Team Brazil.

first one is actually pretty dope.

GN'R is never going to be a big singles band on the radio again, it's just not gonna happen - they may as well continue to do interesting 'experimental' stuff soundwise like this that strays from their original blueprint. no point rehashing the past. love it or hate it, at least chinese democracy (pretty much) got that right -- it wasn't like he was forcefully trying to come up with cheesy '80s style radio singles, axl just does his own thing. and i feel like that'd work really well with some of the guys he has assembled right now like BBF, who in particular seems to be itching to unleash his creative talent. a guy like him is only gonna stay quiet for so long, i think that's ultimately the real reason buckethead left - there's a reason he ended up putting out like 100 albums within a year afterward. :lol: and because they have a consistent, singular lineup right now, the music would all have a consistency and singularity in vision that was missing from chidem, which was kinda all over the place (that's part of what i like about it, but also part of what makes it feel over-produced and inorganic at times).

I love how he's willing to share his ideas with fans, especially considering the fact that people would definitely be recording and posting it online.

A common thread of thought is that axl refuses to write and record new music... I'm not sure I agree with this, I think the problem is he writes and records too much and he can't decide what to do with it, he thinks too much... that's fucking great! in small amounts. Caring so much about the songs, artwork, tracklisting that's all great but! if you become obsessed with it you spend years chasing your tail, and nothing good can come from that. I think Axls chasing his tail rather than hoarding material away from his eager fans.

Axl wants to release an album that's going to blow people away, I think he can do it... but I'm not sure looking back on the material from 10+ years ago is the answer... especially considering the bone that bumbles just thrown us. Best thing would be to book a rehearsal room for the beginning of 2014 set a timer (4 weeks for pre-production) then hit the studio in mid February and record the results (6months max) wanking about in the studio is not going to make a record that blows people away, it turns people away - they say "It's ok but It's way! over-produced".

There's been a few album in the last year that were written and recorded within months, they have great songs and fantastic production and they capture a great vibe because the songs are fresh with the players. On CD Tommy said he had to record the entire album 3 times from top to bottom because they scrapped things or wanted to start fresh on a song... that's not going to yield a musicians most energetic and focussed take, it will just make it stagnant and maybe a little too nice sounding I think there's some really great performances on the record but there's also places where you can tell they did take after take after take etc. There's a reason people who didn't like CD when it came out came around to some of the songs when they heard them live, the perfection of studio magic was gone and we heard a live band playing with energy and a bit more balls, not a drummer being led by a click or a huge wall of guitar with manic guitar runs.

At the end of the day Bumble has some great ideas, it gives us proof that individual members are writing and it sounds promising albeit a little rough... it also reaffirms that GnR are not recording at the moment and there's still no solid plans. I think we can expect a Bumble EP before a new GnR LP and I wouldn't be completely surprised to hear his ideas on there!

• Like 3