Gene Simmons says Ace and Peter will not perform with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame

classicguns4life

ill be pissed if tommy and eric get in. i think they are great if ace and peter cant be in the band now but come on? do they deserve the hall of fame any more than ron, tommy, frank, etc? absolutely not.

it should be the original 4 as much as i like bruce and eric carr

Well Vinnie Vincent played on and made songwriting contributions to Creatures and Lick It Up. He also made songwriting contributions to Revenge. These three albums certainly are and still remain Kiss's greatest three 'post original line-up' albums. In addition, Carr played on about seven Kiss albums! Each member alone did more for Kiss than Dizzy and Sorum - combined - did for GN'R.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Okay, now maybe people will stopping talking about Axl and Izzy not showing up! lol

I'm not surprised since both Ace and Peter both had drinking and drug problems and we both know how much Gene hates that.

I think it would be so much fun if Ace showed up and got into it with Gene! lol

I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure Gene will have extra security to keep them out.

Okay, now maybe people will stopping talking about Axl and Izzy not showing up! lol

I'm not surprised since both Ace and Peter both had drinking and drug problems and we both know how much Gene hates that.

I think it would be so much fun if Ace showed up and got into it with Gene! lol

I doubt it'll happen. I'm sure Gene will have extra security to keep them out.

Gene saying they won't perform doesn't mean they won't come. They will be there to accept the award, and if for some reason Gene is actually able to keep them from performing it will be interesting. But Ace will undoubtedly be in close proximatity of Gene at some point during the night and I can't wait to see that. Ace always has the best thing to say.

Also, Ace and Peter didn't leave after the Farewell tour due to drugs and alcohol. They left because Gene and Paul were dicks.

Ace and Peter didn't leave after the Farewell tour due to drugs and alcohol. They left because Gene and Paul were dicks.

Yep, Ace left of his own accord (what was supposed to be their final show) and Peter was told he was too old and didn't get his contract renewed.

Ace doesn't seem too bothered by not being in KISS and doesn't bag Gene and Paul too much, it certainly pisses Peter Criss off though-and I can see where he is coming from.

Gene has done nothing but shit talk about Vinnie Vincent, where as mentioned in this thread post he was responsible for their best material post Ace and they kept going back to him.

Bruce and Singer have done their time, but if they get Tommy and Eric up there in the Spaceman and Catman costumes it will be a slap in the face to the fans-those 2 guys should have their own makeup like Carr and Vincent did and I think that would relieve a lot of the ill feeling.

Worst case scenario, Peter and Ace come out seperately and drop a few bitchy comments (I could see Peter doing this as he is very outspoken). This happened with, was it Blondie? Two of the ex-members came out seperately and dropped a few remarks on why Debbie Harry and co. will not let them back or something to that affect.

Worst case scenario, Peter and Ace come out seperately and drop a few bitchy comments (I could see Peter doing this as he is very outspoken). This happened with, was it Blondie? Two of the ex-members came out seperately and dropped a few remarks on why Debbie Harry and co. will not let them back or something to that affect.

Thats an amazing video. They didn't come out separately. They came out with the whole band to accept, although it seemed as if they were speaking as afterthoughts. They stood away from the rest of the band. But that video is priceless. Good comparison. I could easily see Ace saying something like the guitarist did to Blondie and it would be the greatest thing ever. Ace doesn't care about being in KISS anymore because he's fine on his own, but its great when he talks about them. He has a great sense of humor so its always something hilarious that everyone is thinking, and he can say it because god damn it he started the band with them. Ace is amazing. Peter is great too, but his stuff is a bit more of a downer. Seems like he really wants them to want him (as they should), whereas Ace just goes with the flow.

Here's the Blondie video (4:30 is when the greatness starts):

Yes, Blondie was an interesting story. Saw it before. Frank just snuck up. He deserved to be there and she handled it well.

So no one picked up on Gene's comment in the article?!!

"When you have a cancer in your system, it's best to cut it out as fast as you can. It used to be a part of your body; it turned into cancer. You gotta cut it out."

:awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface:

Yes, Blondie was an interesting story. Saw it before. Frank just snuck up. He deserved to be there and she handled it well.

So no one picked up on Gene's comment in the article?!!

"When you have a cancer in your system, it's best to cut it out as fast as you can. It used to be a part of your body; it turned into cancer. You gotta cut it out."

:awesomeface: :awesomeface: :awesomeface:

Where have I heard that one before?

• Like 1

If the Hall inducts Ace and Peter, Gene can't keep them out.

He could however pull a Metallica and insist on Thayer/Singer being included. Metallica kicked off a stink when they found out Rob was not included (he had up until that point, not played a note for the band!) leading to a swift revision of the nominated members. Rob was inducted.

I am not sure if Gene will do this though as all he cares about is money. If there was money to be made he perhaps would but as there is not, he probably would not. Gene would sell his grandma for one dollar.

If the Hall inducts Ace and Peter, Gene can't keep them out.

He could however pull a Metallica and insist on Thayer/Singer being included. Metallica kicked off a stink when they found out Rob was not included (he had up until that point, not played a note for the band!) leading to a swift revision of the nominated members. Rob was inducted.

I am not sure if Gene will do this though as all he cares about is money. If there was money to be made he perhaps would but as there is not, he probably would not. Gene would sell his grandma for one dollar.

Didn't Axl try to insist on the new band being in as well? All of them minus Dj played on a GNR album and that didn't do shit.