Gene Simmons says Ace and Peter will not perform with them at the Rock Hall Of Fame

classicguns4life

That made me remember of someone else's comments a few years ago...

"Hey man, stop wasting your time listening to GnR. You should listen to some KISS"

I was like "I dont even..."

Yet you listen to Ron Thal...
Because Bumblefoot is certainly a classic Hard Rock band, yes?

Oh, please. Go ahead and mention Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple or Queen, but not KISS.

"Hey man, stop wasting your time listening to GnR. You should listen to some KISS"

Oh, please. Go ahead and mention Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple or Queen, but not KISS.

it's a 50/50 shot whether you mention those bands and people don'cupcake their eyes when someone tries to tack KISS onto that list.

it's a 50/50 shot whether you mention those bands and people don'cupcake their eyes when someone tries to tack KISS onto that list.

Uh, no. Those are arguably the biggest - especially Queen and Zepp - hard rock bands. KISS, however, is not.

I saw Kiss at Madison Square Garden in 2010. Disappointing, Buckcherry opened and much to my surprise they kicked fucking a$$. Saw Ace's band a few weeks later, probably paid 1/3rd of the price of a Kiss ticket, and got 3 times a better show. Looking forward to seeing Ace again. Ace and Peter should form their own band and call it Hug.

Goin Blind is my favorite.

Mine, too. I posted an unplugged version of that on the RRHOF thread altho the cover by The Melvins is impossibly great.

Not liking KISS is a crime against classic rock: She, Deuce, Strutter...so many greats ones.

Once u get past Gene they pretty good. Almost like a grunge band with tunes. Hotter than Hell is classic. I remember listening to radio luxenberg like it was underground.

Mine, too. I posted an unplugged version of that on the RRHOF thread altho the cover by The Melvins is impossibly great.

Not liking KISS is a crime against classic rock: She, Deuce, Strutter...so many greats ones.

Once u get past Gene they pretty good. Almost like a grunge band with tunes. Hotter than Hell is classic. I remember listening to radio luxenberg like it was underground.

Good description. I already said here i'd take KISS over Nirvana anyday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWi-Ccihkg

Edited by ohlovelyrita

I see Nirvana as more like Sonic Youth meets Sabbath.

Or The Melvins meets Sabbath. I heard SY influenced them tho. SY is worthy.

Boris is a fun band that is influenced by The Melvins.

the Dirty album SY is kind of the sister album to Nevermind. Kurt was taken under Buzz's wing I'm pretty sure early on. SY got Nirvana the Geffen deal so. to me Kiss are rooted in early rock n roll, Nirvana really get there via punk, there's less rattle and roll.

Stag is the Melvins album I have. The Bit is awesome. Fantomas played that on their live album I think.

I'll look at Boris. Sounds like a german indie band.

Edited by wasted

Or The Melvins meets Sabbath. I heard SY influenced them tho. SY is worthy.

Boris is a fun band that is influenced by The Melvins.

the Dirty album SY is kind of the sister album to Nevermind. Kurt was taken under Buzz's wing I'm pretty sure early on. SY got Nirvana the Geffen deal so. to me Kiss are rooted in early rock n roll, Nirvana really get there via punk, there's less rattle and roll.

Stag is the Melvins album I have. The Bit is awesome. Fantomas played that on their live album I think.

I'll look at Boris. Sounds like a german indie band.

Stonerwitch is a must! Boris is named after The Melvins song. They are just a fun Japanese rock band worth noting, they play with their hair covering all their eyes.

The best thing to do is watch the concert footage up to 1977. They never should have made a TV movie, the Dynasty tour would have been the career icing on the cake, and should have just toured like crazy like GNR did for 2 years and called it a day.

• Like 1

you are the king of surreal posting :lol:

i think Sabbath were somewhere at the top of both Sonic Youth's and Nirvana's shit lists :lol:

Kurt was quote as saying he went back into the studio to make the riffs on Nevermind "more Black Sabbath" after the producer asked him to.

I think he even said Nirvana was just Sabbath meets the Beatles, I just stole his quote.

They may have thought Ozzy was a bit of joke though, who doesn't really. Weird thing about Sonic Youth is they weren't snobby hipsters, they liked Bruce Springsteen and Madonna for real. SY are big Kiss fans too.

Cobain was also a fan of 70's hard rock and heavy metal bands, including Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Queen, and Kiss. Nirvana occasionally played cover songs by these bands, including Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song", "Dazed and Confused" and "Heartbreaker", Black Sabbath's "Hand of Doom," and Kiss' "Do You Love Me?", and wrote the Incesticide song "Aero Zeppelin" as a tribute to Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith.

Edited by wasted

i think it's quite obvious that Kurt did listen to the 70s rock and BS in particular as a kid. and it's obvious that Nirvana did play classic covers. But i've never read Kurt saying BS was among his favorite bands. And even if it was, Nirvana sounds nothing like BS imo.

here is the full quote of Butch Vig on making of Nevermind you are most probably referring to

during a first attempt at mixing, Cobain asserted himself. Says Vig: "I'd be balancing the drums and the guitar and Kurt would come and say 'Turn all the treble off. I want it to sound more like Black Sabbath.' It was kind of a pain in the ass."

It was not about the riffs. all the internet sources posted the story under the title “Kurt wanted Nevermind to sound like Black Sabbath", but it’s just another speculation

Sonic Youth may like Madonna, what's not to like about her? but among their influences they always mentioned Patti Smith, Wire, PiL, hardcore punk, etc. and those influences are noticable in their music

Edited by netcat

The best thing to do is watch the concert footage up to 1977. They never should have made a TV movie, the Dynasty tour would have been the career icing on the cake, and should have just toured like crazy like GNR did for 2 years and called it a day.

I often wonder what would have happened if Creatures succeeded: they put their heart and soul into that album and it completely bombed in the States (although it was strangely a hit in Brazil!). They may have retained the make-up longer and put out a string of hard hitting Crue-esque metal albums rather than doing what they actually did, which was ditching the make-up and putting out slabs of disgusting cheese. Couldn't see them carrying on with Vincent though.

Edited by DieselDaisy

I can hardly believe that SY liked Madonna's music, i think they like her influence and chutzpah. Ciccone Youth wasn't serious!?

me neither, but they did say they were obsessed by her early albums, they thought she was the alternative icon of pop-music or something like that, while the other pop-stars were more into the Las-Vegas stuff.

and thanks to you i've been playing Whitey Album the whole afternoon, cheers :lol:

I can hardly believe that SY liked Madonna's music, i think they like her influence and chutzpah. Ciccone Youth wasn't serious!?

me neither, but they did say they were obsessed by her early albums, they thought she was the alternative icon of pop-music or something like that, while the other pop-stars were more into the Las-Vegas stuff.

and thanks to you i've been playing Whitey Album the whole afternoon, cheers :lol:

I did get a chuckle seeing your comments to Wasted and the follow-up. You are right and we are wayyyy off. Nirvana doesn't sound to be influenced by Sabbath. I would need to think about but off the

top of head they sound like Bauhaus or Sisters of Mercy played at 78 speed.

Einstürzende Neubauten are really good live, almost Sonic Youth on shrooms or something something! :awesomeface:

• Like 1