BBF Nightrain Chat Discussion

wasted

Is the chat tonight? Is anyone going to stream in so we can all watch?

I think it's tonight yeah. I used points from the site to re-up my subscription for 1 month so I think I'll be allowed to watch it. I have not one clue how to set it up so others can watch though.

At the very least, I'll try to take some notes and let everyone know what (if anything) of note is said. I'm not sure what time it's at and what my night has in store, so I don't want to over promise anything, but I'll certainly try to watch and report if I can.

I think it's tonight yeah. I used points from the site to re-up my subscription for 1 month so I think I'll be allowed to watch it. I have not one clue how to set it up so others can watch though.

At the very least, I'll try to take some notes and let everyone know what (if anything) of note is said. I'm not sure what time it's at and what my night has in store, so I don't want to over promise anything, but I'll certainly try to watch and report if I can.

What time is it on at?

What time is it on at?

Just went to look and the site says 8pm EST.

Probably something like this.

Fan: Hey bumble, any info on the new record?

Bumble: Nothing has been recorded yet by the new band, all we have are left over songs that I've laid guitar down on before CD's release, including Atlas, The General, Jackie chan, and Going Down, along with a few others. Nothing will be released anytime soon, we're waiting on axl, but as soon as he's ready we're ready.

Well, there you go. The question now is "Will Axl ever be or feel ready to record new music?".

I wonder if Axl wrote some of the songs or if the new members did the writing?

I am sorry to say, but unless Axl actually says I'm in the studio and we recorded a full album, there's not much hope.

Maybe Axl feels his wrote all he has to say in songs and there's nothing left for him to write about.

They can't announce a release data for an album that doesn't exist. They first need to make that album, and all they have now are the remains of the CD sessions which are some songs in various stages of completion as well as new song ideas.

Sorry, I didn't know you were a part of the inner-camp.

They can't announce a release data for an album that doesn't exist. They first need to make that album, and all they have now are the remains of the CD sessions which are some songs in various stages of completion as well as new song ideas.

You don't have to, just read the interviews from the band members. A couple of them has commented on what exists from the CD sessions and whether those songs are ready to be released, and a couple of them, in particular Bumblefoot, has commented on the band not recording new music since 2008 although some writing has taken place. It is what it is.

You don't have to, just read the interviews from the band members. A couple of them has commented on what exists from the CD sessions and whether those songs are ready to be released, and a couple of them, in particular Bumblefoot, has commented on the band not recording new music since 2008 although some writing has taken place. It is what it is.

So you would consider a full album of CD-sessions as "not applicable?

So you would consider a full album of CD-sessions as "not applicable?

According to what they have said such an album is not ready for release. Tommy mentioned that most of the songs need additional work. Perhaps vocals. And we know how long that might take. As far as I know only one song is actually finished, Atlas Shrugged. In addition, who knows whether these songs are the songs Axl wants to release now? They were supposed to be part of the trilogy (later double album) envisioned by Axl, but that vision seems to have died. Perhaps he will scrap all this and focus on new songs. Perhaps he won't release more music ever again. We don't know until he speaks. But as for a release date, hopefully the band won't publish such a date until they have a finished record and make the same mistakes as they did in the years before 2008. The best we can hope for is Bumblefoot confirming that the band is currently working on a new music with a tentative release year.

You are assuming that 12-14 (CD) outakes could not potentially be, the next album. The problem is, we just do not know. We do not know if Axl even wants to release another album again, let alone, what material he will use for that album. Although the fact that Ashba, BF et al. have talked about writing (or not writing!) material would tend to support the view that album #2 will feature, newely written material, we cannot completely dismiss the possibility of an album of older material (e.g. Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged and The General).

Basically, we know nothing.

You are assuming that 12-14 (CD) outakes could not potentially be, the next album.

No, that is not what I am saying at all.

That's how it sounded.

How? I am not saying that the next album won't consist of songs from the CD sessions (in fact I comment on that possibility just a few posts back), I am saying that these songs aren't finished yet and hence a release date won't be given. As for the next album being a record with outtakes of original, unreleased songs, possibly just as instrumentals, no I don't find that scenario very plausible :D

''an album that doesn't exist' you said. That outrules this possibility. The album could, potentially exist due to the cd outakes. It could exist now.

Well, sure, if we are to allow unfinished songs to comprise a record then I am sure GN'R has many albums ready to be released...

I think if he does, Axl wont find any one else to fill in. GNR will be free to do Motley Roses hard rock record Tommy and Del want to do. Dj is basically a Crue guitarist he doesn't need Ron shredding across his riffs. That might be a great record if they make it work. If they stick with the pro tools tapestry of CD. Like Ron and he did some awesome stuff on CD so I don't want him to leave. I'm not sure what I would do if I had a back problem long term. I had one short term and it was just annoying, but it got better. I could sit, like a flight of 8 hours would be agony. I'd have to get up and hear all this cracking, could barley walk. But then it got better. And it's like whoo too, but to have that pain forever. I don;t know, fuck that! surely more medicine or extreme pain killers. I took no pain killers after a while. I did for a bit, but just nurofen plus. Hope Ron gets to do Shackler's more if they tour, like after Jungle.

Speaking of Motley Roses: I heard an interesting rumour prior to the press release that Motley Crue is going to do a farewell tour because of the advance medical issues with Mick Mars and his progressive disease (Ankylosis Spondelitis) that will eventually make it so he cannot tour : That DJ had been tapped to take his spot in the future: However, it looks like Crue is going to pull a Led Zeppelin thing and end Crue for good following the farewell tour .

I cannot think of a better guitarist to replace Mars at this stage of the game though and would love it IF it was true.

I think if he does, Axl wont find any one else to fill in. GNR will be free to do Motley Roses hard rock record Tommy and Del want to do. Dj is basically a Crue guitarist he doesn't need Ron shredding across his riffs. That might be a great record if they make it work. If they stick with the pro tools tapestry of CD. Like Ron and he did some awesome stuff on CD so I don't want him to leave. I'm not sure what I would do if I had a back problem long term. I had one short term and it was just annoying, but it got better. I could sit, like a flight of 8 hours would be agony. I'd have to get up and hear all this cracking, could barley walk. But then it got better. And it's like whoo too, but to have that pain forever. I don;t know, fuck that! surely more medicine or extreme pain killers. I took no pain killers after a while. I did for a bit, but just nurofen plus. Hope Ron gets to do Shackler's more if they tour, like after Jungle.

Speaking of Motley Roses: I heard an interesting rumour prior to the press release that Motley Crue is going to do a farewell tour because of the advance medical issues with Mick Mars and his progressive disease (Ankylosis Spondelitis) that will eventually make it so he cannot tour : That DJ had been tapped to take his spot in the future: However, it looks like Crue is going to pull a Led Zeppelin thing and end Crue for good following the farewell tour .

I cannot think of a better guitarist to replace Mars at this stage of the game though and would love it IF it was true.

If Dj goes to Crue then I expect Robin to come back to GNR.

Why would you expect that? Robin is currently touring the world with a band that is actually relevant. And once they go on a break, I imagine he'd probably go to Gary Numan instead of GNR.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Robin back in Guns at some point, but I fail to see why you'd expect him to come back if Dj left.

Why would you expect that? Robin is currently touring the world with a band that is actually relevant. And once they go on a break, I imagine he'd probably go to Gary Numan instead of GNR.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Robin back in Guns at some point, but I fail to see why you'd expect him to come back if Dj left.

NIN are not that relevant but I get your point. Robin is just a touring musician for them as well right?