SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

It's a shame that Axl doesn't have the balls to go on Larry King and partake in a real interview.

I'll take Halloween tree interviews over this crap any day. Do we really need to hear Axl confirm what we already knew 10 years ago? A reunion will never, ever happen. Talking about the concept like it's a genuine possibility is beyond silly at this point. I'd liken it to people who still talk about the Dec 21 2012 apocalypse.

Axl doesn't talk about it, he writes about it, or has other people write it for him. Man the fuck up and speak. The guy who could rant about his own mother and unborn children on stage in front of thousands now doesn't have the guts to be questioned face to face. How sad.

It's a shame that Axl doesn't have the balls to go on Larry King and partake in a real interview.

I'll take Halloween tree interviews over this crap any day. Do we really need to hear Axl confirm what we already knew 10 years ago? A reunion will never, ever happen. Talking about the concept like it's a genuine possibility is beyond silly at this point. I'd liken it to people who still talk about the Dec 21 2012 apocalypse.

Thats so not true though. Yeah, its unlikely, but nothing is set in stone. People have broken up just as bad as GNR and they have eventually gotten back together after years of saying it will absolutely never happen. I believe Axl when he says it, but none of us knows if something will change in the future. Until he dies, there's no guarantee a reunion won't happen because its happened to worse bands.

Axl doesn't talk about it, he writes about it, or has other people write it for him. Man the fuck up and speak. The guy who could rant about his own mother and unborn children on stage in front of thousands now doesn't have the guts to be questioned face to face. How sad.

Bullseye. Its sad some of us still admire this guy. He's the definition of a crash and burn musician that had it all, lost it all, and became a total pussy. None of you would look up to this Axl without already knowing the Axl from the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1

unfortunately its a lose/lose situation for Axl. People even slate him for his halloween story, i mean its just a light hearted story and every guest shares them. Could you imagine the reaction to more controversial stuff, especially when it will be the answers most people don't want to here?

unfortunately its a lose/lose situation for Axl. People even slate him for his halloween story, i mean its just a light hearted story and every guest shares them. Could you imagine the reaction to more controversial stuff, especially when it will be the answers most people don't want to here?

If Axl regularly did interviews, that would be fine. He does interviews once every 10 years. Don't tell me about your fucking Halloween tree. He's boxed himself into corner because he's waited so long that now whenever he does an interview people already know what they want to hear. If he doesn't want to talk about that stuff, I guess he was right never to do interviews for a decade.

100%. He gets grilled for anything and everything. I don't blame him from shying away from the sensationalist-hungry press. It'd probably just get blown out of proportion and it's probably something he'd like to be done with.

Edited by BangoSkank

Not surprisingly, Slash portrays it as "Axl took over the band," instead of saying "Well I signed the name over, and therefore demoted myself to the position of 'bitch' and thusly didn't have as much creative input as I would've had if I had not signed the name over."

I know!

Everyone knows that Slash sucks and that GNR really took off once DJ wrote Scraped and it became the worlds biggest hit.

Axl rules!

LOL.

Some people are obsessed with bashing Slash, even though he hasn't been in the band for over 15 years. For some weird reason it seems like they hate Slash MORE than they love Axl (and we all know how much they love Axl). Gotta keep that Axl-vs-Slash feud going. Gotta make sure to flood every topic involving Slash with negativity. These guys hate Slash more than Axl and Beta do. :crazy:

It's weird......but fun to watch them be so effected by everything Slash does. DJ/BBF and current members of the band (except maybe Dizzy, Axl and the leech crew) give Slash nothing but props - but a few members of this forum just outright hate him. Funny stuff.

Edited by Groghan

I doubt it would happen. If it did happen, then it would have to look like Axl's idea, and then you'd see Axl on stage with the rest of Gun's, and he'd probably say how great it is to be back with them, and go as far as to dis the hired-hands.

Nah, Axl's too good at burning bridges like it's not his fault, and is well on the road to getting fatter and fatter, acting like all is well.

Looks like evil Axl is to blame for all the wrongs of the world again. Axl sure played a big part in the breakup for the reasons he gives but would it really hurt Slash that much to admit that he was a heroin junkie at that time incapable of controlling himself let alone decide anything related to the band. Shouldn't he mention Duff was on the verge of killing himself too due to the terrible alcohol addiction he had and that both of them have drug induced memories of what went down. Does he see that he fuelled the media's bashing of Axl post breakup by accusing him of stealing the name.

A reunion can never happen until the day Slash mans up, realizes and admits the part he played in the breakup and reaches out to Axl publically admitting he made a mistake by not having his back when Axl disappeared for a decade. It may be too late anyway.

Looks like evil Axl is to blame for all the wrongs of the world again. Axl sure played a big part in the breakup for the reasons he gives but would it really hurt Slash that much to admit that he was a heroin junkie at that time incapable of controlling himself let alone decide anything related to the band. Shouldn't he mention Duff was on the verge of killing himself too due to the terrible alcohol addiction he had and that both of them have drug induced memories of what went down. Does he see that he fuelled the media's bashing of Axl post breakup by accusing him of stealing the name.

A reunion can never happen until the day Slash mans up, realizes and admits the part he played in the breakup and reaches out to Axl publically admitting he made a mistake by not having his back when Axl disappeared for a decade. It may be too late anyway.

Slash already attempted to go man to man, by visiting Axl's house to let tell Axl 'ok you win.. - what did Axl do? sent Beta to the door :D

Edited by vaida

Slash already attempted to go man to man, be taking a visit to Axl's house to let tell Axl 'ok you win.. - what did Axl do? sent Beta to the door :D

Are you talking about the time that Perla sent a very drunk Slash, in the middle of the night, to Axl's? Yeah, i wouldn't take that visit either...

Slash. All these interviews do is fuel hope for a reunion that will never happen. Jesus... What happened to "I've closed the book on GN'R"? If he's closed the book on it, why is he saying he would do a reunion anyways?

Edited by wfuckinga

Slash. All these interviews do is fuel hope for a reunion that will never happen. Jesus... What happened to "I've closed the book on GN'R"? If he's closed the book on it, why is he saying he would do a reunion anyways?

Slash would come back in a heartbeat if it made him look like a Hero. Not in this lifetime lol

I don't care about Slash, Axl, reunion, fakegnr touring etc.

I want leaks

or new releases

I'm tired of live shows with the same old shit

It would be better if Axl closed the touring years and only recording and releasing until he feel to perform new songs

but this will never happen (like a reunion, lol)

LEAKS,LEAKS, LEAKS

• Like 3

Because Slash is two faced. FACT.

He misses Axl deep down yet doesn't have the balls to apologize. Unfortunately, neither does Axl.

Slash continues to lie to the fans...good stuff

Slash looks great as always.

Axl is also open to a reunion, he has said so before, but Slash will just have to die first - no big deal. :)

If Slash ever apologized publicly things would be different...but nvmd, who cares right. Fakegnr continues on!!!

If this was 2008 I would say no to a reunion because new material was coming out and everything seemed cool and why try and revisit the unstoppable nature of the old band when that can never be reached again? I would rather want something new...

In the year 2013? Bring on a reunion baby, Axl is clearly not going to advance GNR beyond a few CD tunes sprinkled around tunes that the band has NO origins with so a reunion would be 100x cooler than what we currently have both musically and conceptually speaking

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Must hate Slash. Must hate Slash. Must hate Slash. Must pretend that I know what he is like in real life. Must pretend like I know how two grown men should live their lives. Must hate Slash. Must hate Slash. :crazy:

Right now, I'd be mad if Axl quit his current band to go back with the old guys.

It would be a real dick move on Axl/Beta's part if they dropped the entire band.

Some of the current members have been part of GnR longer than the real guys.

DJ and BBF deserve their opportunity to create at least ONE album of material with Axl.

All these guys have put their time and effort into GnR.

The least Axl/Beta could do is to let them record an album together and tour it for year.

IMO, if everybody wanted to get back together, Axl should release a double album ASAP. One full of all the old material still out there, and one full of material written by the current band in the last two years. Tour that for a year so the band members can make some money.

Then hook up with the old band, spend some time writing and recording a new album with them - then go on tour.