SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

Too bad Axl doesn't have the balls to do a proper interview (without DJ sitting nearby for comfort or Beta involved). How hard is it to sit down with Stern or Loder and let them ask the (uncensored questions with uncensored/unfiltered answers) we all want.?

Edited by Snowmass

Questions you all want? He already gave the answers. There's nothing to be said. Stop the "he hides behind Beta" retarded stuff. Slash is a cancer to him, reunion will not happen in this lifetime. Move on already for fucks sake. Get the fuck over ir already. It's just a great band that stayed together for 10 years and released a few albums, not the 2nd Jesus coming.

Too bad Axl doesn't have the balls to do a proper interview (without DJ sitting nearby for comfort or Beta involved). How hard is it to sit down with Stern or Loder and let them ask the (uncensored questions with uncensored/unfiltered answers) we all want.?

Did you read the USA Today article from a year ago? Might wanna check it out. This fantasy of asking Axl "all the difficult questions" has, for the most part, already happened here n' there.

• Like 2

Move on already for fucks sake. Get the fuck over ir already. It's just a great band that stayed together for 10 years and released a few albums, not the 2nd Jesus coming.

The only reason I would want a reunion is if it meant that albums with Axl singing on them would be released.

I don't really care who is in the actual band.

I just wish my favorite rock singer of all time would release albums more frequently than Axl does. I couldn't care less who the bass player or third guitar player in the band is.

Put "FACT" at the end of any opinion and it validates it......FACT!

Slash is two faced as hell, that's not an opinion, that's a known fact. And he's a liar

And to further validate that opinion, claim that it's "well known."
Someone find that list Volcano compilied of some of Slash's lies frombis book and where he would say one thing and then later say the opposite in various interviews

Slash is two faced as hell, that's not an opinion, that's a known fact. And he's a liar

Someone find that list Volcano compilied of some of Slash's lies frombis book and where he would say one thing and then later say the opposite in various interviews

Why do you care so much though?

That's really the question.

Slash hasn't been in GnR for 16 years. But you guys can't stop talking about him.

We get it. You don't like him. Volcano hates him. I can't stand Justin Beiber or Nikki Minagge..........so you'll never see me on their forums badmouthing them.

Great. Slash is a liar, drunk, druggy, prick, deserves all the blame for making Axl uncomfortable and mad, etc. It's ALL Slash's fault. 100%. That all ended 16 years ago. Why do you guys still care sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!! You guys are like the guy who still cries and badmouths the girl who broke his heart in 6th grade.

If there ever was a reunion it'd be when they were all old as fuck and don't give a shit about feuds anymore like Pink Floyd in 2005. Can you imagine a GNR reunion with 60- 70 year old Axl? Fuck... I have no problem with old rock n' roll artists but with GNR's style of music, it has potential to be hilarious

• Like 1

Move on already for fucks sake. Get the fuck over ir already. It's just a great band that stayed together for 10 years and released a few albums, not the 2nd Jesus coming.

The only reason I would want a reunion is if it meant that albums with Axl singing on them would be released.

I don't really care who is in the actual band.

I just wish my favorite rock singer of all time would release albums more frequently than Axl does. I couldn't care less who the bass player or third guitar player in the band is.

Life doesn't owe you a happy ending :axl:

• Like 2

I don't care that Axl has been asked all the tough questions in magazines and shit.I want to see him asked those tough questions on some form of video/tv.Its totally different reading what he had to say versus watching his actual reactions.

• Like 1

That's really the question.y do you care so much though?

Slash hasn't been in GnR for 16 years. But you guys can't stop talking about him.

Uhh, the thread is about Larry King asking Slash GnR questions. Are we not allowed to discuss the subject of the thread? lulz

• Like 2

Factual errors:

- Page 1: "I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

- He was born in Hampstead, England but spent his childhood in Stoke-on-Trent.

- Page 102: "We could have booked a gig locally because, collectively, we all knew the right people, but no, we decided that after three rehearsals, we were ready for a tour."

- The first show the Appetite For Destruction line-up played was on June 6th, 1985 at the Troubadour in Hollywood, CA. The tour up to Seattle happened after that show.

- Page 164: "Del ended up writing treatments for some of our videos, as well as having written the short story that inspired Axl to write "November Rain"."

- Del wrote Without You which inspired the video to November Rain and at least part of Estranged.

- Page 210: "When we got on set, we met JJ Jackson, the host, and he was really cool. "

- JJ Jackson didn't interview GN'R on Headbanger's Ball in 1987.

- Page 221, 305: "Within a day, we hooked up with Fred Curry, the drummer for Cinderella, and he was great in a pinch."

- Fred Coury is the drummer's name. [Thanks Nevy]

- Page 259: Tom Mayhue's name misspelled as Tom Mayhew.

- Page 323: "We had three theater dates in L.A., San Francisco, and New York, with various bands opening for us, such as Blind Melon and Faith No More and Raging Slab."

- Raging Slab opened for GN'R at the NYC show, Dumpster opened in San Francisco and L.A. Shannon Hoon (of Blind Melon) sang with the band at the L.A. show.

- Page 323: ".. including two nights at the Inglewood Forum in L.A."

- It was actually four nights.

- Page 335: "After we got out stage show together, backup singers, horn section, and all, and we did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991."

- The extended lineup played its first show on December 5th, 1991 (the second US leg) in Worcester, MA.

- Page 339: "When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

"Where is he? I asked Doug.

He looked at me with a pained expression. "He's not coming back."

"What do you mean he's not coming back?" I shouted, still playing the riff.

"There is no way he is coming back," Doug said. "There is nothing I can do."

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

- The following is what happened and it can be seen in the pro-shot bootleg footage from the show. About 1:15 into the song, Axl asks security "Hey, take that! Take that now! Get that guy and take that........ I'll take it Goddamn it!" He jumps into the crowd while the band keeps playing the riff Slash mentioned. Axl returns to the stage at around 1:57 into the song, motions for the band to stop playing and says "Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home.". Then he throws down his microphone, walks past Slash and walks offstage. Slash proceeds to say something into the microphone. His last line is "We're out of here".

Page 350: "In May of 1992. We announced that we would coheadline a summer tour with Metallica starting July 7"

- The tour started on July 17th, 1992 at the RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.

- Page 363: "I got married to Renee in October 1991."

- Page 412: "On the morning of 9/11, we were woken up at 8:15 by David Williams, Michael's house guitar player .... ... I saw that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and moments later the second one hit while I was actually watching."

- Flight 11 crashed into the north face of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46:40. Flight 175 crashes into the south face of the South Tower at 9:03:11.

- Page 437: ".... and the Pistols' "Pretty Vacant."

- They played "Bodies" by Sex Pistols at their first show as well as playing it on tour.

- Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book.

The guy doesn't even know where he was born. I don't believe a syllable he says.

• Like 4

Excellent detective work there 'çano, you've finally proved to the world what a big fibby pants Slash is.

A lot of those (like Eadbanger's Ball) are just you joining the dots-note he didn't say he was interviewed by JJ but he met him...or is just worded differently.

A lot of musician's books get stuff like what you are nitpicking wrong, Slash's book is not alone there.

I think it's time you come out and post the full Slash back piece you have tattooed on your back :rofl-lol:

Why do you care so much though?

That's really the question.

We get it. You don't like him. Volcano hates him. I can't stand Justin Beiber or Nikki Minagge..........so you'll never see me on their forums badmouthing them.

Great. Slash is a liar, drunk, druggy, prick, deserves all the blame for making Axl uncomfortable and mad, etc. It's ALL Slash's fault. 100%. That all ended 16 years ago. Why do you guys still care sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!! You guys are like the guy who still cries and badmouths the girl who broke his heart in 6th grade.

Why do you care that they care? It doesn't really matter. Gn'R fans will always talk about Slash (especially in a Gn'R forum)

Some people pick sides or don't like him for whatever reason, so some of the things that are said about him are negative.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Excellent detective work there 'çano, you've finally proved to the world what a big fibby pants Slash is.

A lot of those (like Eadbanger's Ball) are just you joining the dots-note he didn't say he was interviewed by JJ but he met him...or is just worded differently.

A lot of musician's books get stuff like what you are nitpicking wrong, Slash's book is not alone there.

I think it's time you come out and post the full Slash back piece you have tattooed on your back :rofl-lol:

VOLCANO62 MAKE DOOM MAD

Wow, thank you. You have officilly proven that I am already a better poster than you and Whazup. hahaha, pathetic!

Do you have anything to contribute, or are you just here to continue to make me look awesome?

Edited by ARBeast

One look at that list and you can chop it up to having a ghost writer (or that Anthony guy). Pete Townshend is the only one I know of offhand who wrote the majority of his book and even that is known to have innacuracies. Hardly hard evidence of "lies". And even then event descriptions may vary depending on personal perspectives. Although Slash did a poor job in overseeing everything it looks like.

You can gleam from it that a lot of things were overlooked but to extrapolate and call it a list of "his lies" is a gross misrepresentation of the situation.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

I cant believe that someone is stupid, retarded and moronic enough to lie about something that's out there for several years as everybody and their moms know what happened at that 91 gig. This is beyond stupid, he's probably mentally ill for that.

Or it could just be how he remembered something from all those years ago. Guessing he didn't view the footage afterwards. Obviously, it didn't go down exactly like that, but it's possible he did have the convo with Doug backstage afterwards. Literally everything else he posted was just minor little mistakes that Slash would gain nothing from lying about.

Who's gonna think, "you married Renee in 1992

Instead of 1991? Fuck I always knew Axl was the asshole!!". Seriously :lol:

Edited by Bobbo

Factual errors:

- Page 1: "I was born on July 23, 1965 in Stoke On Trent, England"

- He was born in Hampstead, England but spent his childhood in Stoke-on-Trent.

- Page 102: "We could have booked a gig locally because, collectively, we all knew the right people, but no, we decided that after three rehearsals, we were ready for a tour."

- The first show the Appetite For Destruction line-up played was on June 6th, 1985 at the Troubadour in Hollywood, CA. The tour up to Seattle happened after that show.

- Page 164: "Del ended up writing treatments for some of our videos, as well as having written the short story that inspired Axl to write "November Rain"."

- Del wrote Without You which inspired the video to November Rain and at least part of Estranged.

- Page 210: "When we got on set, we met JJ Jackson, the host, and he was really cool. "

- JJ Jackson didn't interview GN'R on Headbanger's Ball in 1987.

- Page 221, 305: "Within a day, we hooked up with Fred Curry, the drummer for Cinderella, and he was great in a pinch."

- Fred Coury is the drummer's name. [Thanks Nevy]

- Page 259: Tom Mayhue's name misspelled as Tom Mayhew.

- Page 323: "We had three theater dates in L.A., San Francisco, and New York, with various bands opening for us, such as Blind Melon and Faith No More and Raging Slab."

- Raging Slab opened for GN'R at the NYC show, Dumpster opened in San Francisco and L.A. Shannon Hoon (of Blind Melon) sang with the band at the L.A. show.

- Page 323: ".. including two nights at the Inglewood Forum in L.A."

- It was actually four nights.

- Page 335: "After we got out stage show together, backup singers, horn section, and all, and we did a week's worth of rehearsals with every element intact, suddenly we found ourselves in South America, before a crowd of 180,000 at Rock In Rio II, on January 20, 1991."

- The extended lineup played its first show on December 5th, 1991 (the second US leg) in Worcester, MA.

- Page 339: "When he jumped down, it was great, we kept playing that suspenseful riff that starts off "Rocket Queen," and I thought the whole moment was killer. When Axl got back onstage, everything felt triumphant for a second... then he grabbed the mike, said something like, "Because of the bullshit security, we're going home," slammed the mike down, and walked offstage.

The band kept going. We'd gotten good at improvising to fill dead space - drum solos, guitar solos jams - we had a bag of tricks to keep things moving whenever Axl made a sudden exit. We kept jamming, and I went over to the side of the stage.

"Where is he? I asked Doug.

He looked at me with a pained expression. "He's not coming back."

"What do you mean he's not coming back?" I shouted, still playing the riff.

"There is no way he is coming back," Doug said. "There is nothing I can do."

We were about ninety minutes into our set, which was our minimum contractually, but the plan was to play a two-hour ser and the crowd wasn't close to satisfied. They knew there was a lot more left. I would have done anything to get Axl back onstage at that point.

"Ask him again!" I yelled. "Find out if he's really not going to." I should have known by Doug's expression that there was no use.

Once it was final, we had no choice: the band put down our gear, and it was like pulling the plug on the stereo - the song just ended on a question mark. That entire arena sat there expecting something to happen, but instead we walked offstage without a word."

- The following is what happened and it can be seen in the pro-shot bootleg footage from the show. About 1:15 into the song, Axl asks security "Hey, take that! Take that now! Get that guy and take that........ I'll take it Goddamn it!" He jumps into the crowd while the band keeps playing the riff Slash mentioned. Axl returns to the stage at around 1:57 into the song, motions for the band to stop playing and says "Well, thanks to the lame ass security, I'm going home.". Then he throws down his microphone, walks past Slash and walks offstage. Slash proceeds to say something into the microphone. His last line is "We're out of here".

Page 350: "In May of 1992. We announced that we would coheadline a summer tour with Metallica starting July 7"

- The tour started on July 17th, 1992 at the RFK Stadium in Washington, DC.

- Page 363: "I got married to Renee in October 1991."

- Page 412: "On the morning of 9/11, we were woken up at 8:15 by David Williams, Michael's house guitar player .... ... I saw that a plane had hit the Twin Towers, and moments later the second one hit while I was actually watching."

- Flight 11 crashed into the north face of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 8:46:40. Flight 175 crashes into the south face of the South Tower at 9:03:11.

- Page 437: ".... and the Pistols' "Pretty Vacant."

- They played "Bodies" by Sex Pistols at their first show as well as playing it on tour.

- Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book.

The guy doesn't even know where he was born. I don't believe a syllable he says.

Holy cow Volcano. We all give you a bad time for your obsession with Axl and your weird hatred for Slash, but man, you really can't be serious with this list. The majority of those things are clearly not a case of somebody lying, and are just somebody forgetting or mixing up simple dates/times for periods that happened sometimes 30 years earlier.

If this is your "proof" that Slash is a liar, than every person who has ever lived in the history of the world is a liar.

So an admitted drug addict alcoholic who toured the world and partied like an animal put the 7th instead of 17th on a date that happen in 1992............and was thirty minutes off on what time 9/11 happened.........and he misspelled a guy's last name.................seriously dude?

We know you do a lot of trolling and make a lot of ridiculous statements just to make people laugh, but this list is just pushing it way past the ridiculous level. Oh, Slash spelled the name of the Cinderella drummer wrong and he was a week off on a date from 1992 - what a f*cking liar this guy is.

There is plenty of things to bash Slash about. Posting idiotic stuff like this just makes you guys look silly.