SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

I don't know. I really think the very reason the video was so open and out there means he may have not watched it in a long time before the book came out. Slash ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's not a complete retard. I feel like he wouldn't be that stupid to deliberately lie about something like that knowing the audience knows different. And I do think its possible sucha conversation did occur between him and Doug. But it was probably backstage.

I know I sound like apologist here, but I genuinely believe this wasnt a case of shining a light on Axl as a complete total bad guy. Each to their own I guess.

I guess my point is less about Slash's actual intentions and more about Axl's interpretation of events. Maybe Slash's recollection really is foggy.

The problem is that Axl is a meticulous guy. I'm willing to bet his memory of all those events has been written down and stashed away in a little box. He hears Slash retell a story inaccurately? Lie! Slash says he's open to a reunion? Lies! Is Slash at fault? Not really, like you say, we're all guilty of the same thing at some point.

But every interview Slash discusses him, Axl hears subtle deviations from the truth making Slash look like the better guy. Meanwhile, Axl says less and less over the years and seems to hate Slash more and more as time goes by. I feel like the only way Axl would have considered a reunion at this point is if Slash had already stopped discussing their relationship in interviews at all. If they have no lines of communication, it's the only explanation for Axl seeming to dislike Slash more than ever now.

Those small deviations from the truth mean a lot to him; Marc mentioned that he thought Axl would want a full, detailed and public apology from Slash to ever consider mending the fences. I'm not saying that's reasonable on his behalf, I just think it's why they're not likely to reunite anytime soon (or ever).

I don't get the impression he hates Slash more as much as he doesn't want to think about it, but can't help thinking about it.

I think they'll get around to mending fences where they can talk to each other again once in a while, but that's in their own time.

Technically I was born in a town called Lévis, because the hospital is in Lévis, but I never say I was born there. I guess I'm a liar and I can't be trusted.

For the St-Louis incident, to me he doesn't look like he's giving the finger. What does he say before the "we're out of here"? And we don't know what happened backstage and what the band were thinking.

By the way, we can briefly see Izzy's face when Axl says "Thanks to the lameass security", he has the face of a guy who saying to himself "what the hell is this?"

Edited by Kapitch_77

Technically I was born in a town called Lévis, because the hospital is in Lévis, but I never say I was born there. I guess I'm a liar and I can't be trusted.

For the St-Louis incident, to me he doesn't look like he's giving the finger. What does he say before the "we're out of here"? And we don't know what happened backstage and what the band were thinking.

By the way, we can briefly see Izzy's face when Axl says "Thanks to the lameass security", he has the face of a guy who saying to himself "what the hell is this?"

Excuses

Not surprisingly, Slash portrays it as "Axl took over the band," instead of saying "Well I signed the name over, and therefore demoted myself to the position of 'bitch' and thusly didn't have as much creative input as I would've had if I had not signed the name over."

Or this: And its probably closer to reality "FANs"; Since its a hypthetical quote above consider this hypothetical quote:

"We were on target for a massive and potentially historic and very profitable tour of the world when we were presented with an option: Sign over the name in the event of a breakup and considerations relating to the band or face Axl outright quitting and walking away. Its called blackmail. Axl was like the little kid that had the only ball and he used that card... play by my rules or I'll take my ball and go home -which he ultimately did. At that time everything was about manipulation and control....look at the contracts we made journalists sign as an example...that should tell you where GNR and particularly Axl was headed.

It was a well played game. Quit the band legally and take its assets and its name and start another band with the same lineup only with less say and input. Keep everything in tact as it was only this time around your held hostage even more to Axl and is vision, motivation, muse and direction. If he feels like spending 5 years on one song well, thats what it takes and I and Duff and whoever else can just shut the fuck up and wait. Why dont you all trot over and ask Fink and Buckethead and Freese about that concept...im sure they could tell you what a thrill it was to be kept on hold. Thats what confronted Me and Duff and Matt post UYI tour in 95.

At that time the GNR as a corporation, as a business needed that tour to pay back the record compmany advances and to secure all off us financially for the rest of our lives - so the vulnerable spot was Axl. We were told that when all things were tallied up that we had the potential of making almost a Billion dollars off of record sales, concerts, merchandising and personal appearances. A fucking Billion Dollars! Thats a huge fucking number that couldnt be ignored and we rose to the challenge to meet that demand. GNR could not tour with AXl refusing to tour with us as the singer/composer and he knew that. He knew that we couldnt find a singer of that calibre with that much imput to our music to continue on as Authentic GNR.

Can you imagine if Duff and I had the audacity to wheel out Guns and Roses in 91' without Axl,Izzy, Steven or by then Matt and still call it Guns and Roses? Fans would have seen through that shit in a heartbeat and shut that shit down in a second. Axl knew that and he exploited that knowledge. Yes he was crazy enough to press the issue regardless of the consequinces to everybody concerned. His way or no way and that was that. Ultimately it was his way. Ill give it to him he had it planned to the last T and dotted I.

At that time all systems were a go and we were confronted with Axls antics once again but you know I kinbd of trusted him . I had been told by my manager and managment that we faced some heavy duty lawsuits. AS a band we were mired in lawsuits that were not nessessarily of anyones making than that of Axls. We could sweat our balls off and keep the machine rolling to pay for all of it...look at St. Louis did that come out of Axls personal pocket? Did he pony up out of his proceeds to make it right...same with Montreal...who ultimately wrote the checks to cover the legal beagles? Guns and Roses. Who paid for the $100,000 after parties that Axl threw every night? We tried for a very long time to accomodate the eccentricities and "genius" of Axl and it just kept ratcheting up and up and up with Duff and I being the last men standing as far as the original AFD lineup was concerned. Izzy was sort of there but he was so over it that I think he would have left and should have left before we toured. But you know ... its called hope and we hoped that Axl could hold it together long enough to make it happen. It just was such a surreal blindside... a suckerpunch from a Axl. We made it happen and it managed to be the defining moment of rock tours and it forced us to keep it together.

Can you imagine if we would have called Axls bluff and called him on his shit? No UYI tours, no new music and years and years of trying to sort out the financial obligations that we as a band faced recording a double album and tanking a major tour of the world? As successful as AFD was and Lies the lawsuits and legal manouvering would have bankrupted all of us in a matter of years had we walked away ??. All our work and effort to make GNR would have vanished as quickly as it came. All of us had signed our souls away to do tour and record and many many people were relying on us to stay alive and get out on the road again. We had something like 60 people that relied on us directly to make it happen plus the consideration to hundreds of more that had invested in us."

He would have quit..we all know that and in a manner he did.The Axl that was on board in the clubs and the recording process of AFD was not the same Axl of UYI days. Money and fame definately changed him. We knew where his headspace was and the beggars and hangers on that were telling him that GNR was him and him alone as if the rest of us were only minor players to Axl dramafest.

So instead of us calling it quits and walking away at that moment, we took into consideration the FANS and the demand that UYI be toured. At that time it was a distinct possibility that Axl would walk away anyway and that was demonstrated early on in the tour. "

Not surprisingly, Slash portrays it as "Axl took over the band," instead of saying "Well I signed the name over, and therefore demoted myself to the position of 'bitch' and thusly didn't have as much creative input as I would've had if I had not signed the name over."

Or this: And its probably closer to reality "FANs"; Since its a hypthetical quote above consider this hypothetical quote:

"We were on target for a massive and potentially historic and very profitable tour of the world when we were presented with an option: Sign over the name in the event of a breakup and considerations relating to the band or face Axl outright quitting and walking away. Its called blackmail. Axl was like the little kid that had the only ball and he used that card... play by my rules or I'll take my ball and go home -which he ultimately did. At that time everything was about manipulation and control....look at the contracts we made journalists sign as an example...that should tell you where GNR and particularly Axl was headed.

It was a well played game. Quit the band legally and take its assets and its name and start another band with the same lineup only with less say and input. Keep everything in tact as it was only this time around your held hostage even more to Axl and is vision, motivation, muse and direction. If he feels like spending 5 years on one song well, thats what it takes and I and Duff and whoever else can just shut the fuck up and wait. Why dont you all trot over and ask Fink and Buckethead and Freese about that concept...im sure they could tell you what a thrill it was to be kept on hold. Thats what confronted Me and Duff and Matt post UYI tour in 95.

At that time the GNR as a corporation, as a business needed that tour to pay back the record compmany advances and to secure all off us financially for the rest of our lives - so the vulnerable spot was Axl. We were told that when all things were tallied up that we had the potential of making almost a Billion dollars off of record sales, concerts, merchandising and personal appearances. A fucking Billion Dollars! Thats a huge fucking number that couldnt be ignored and we rose to the challenge to meet that demand. GNR could not tour with AXl refusing to tour with us as the singer/composer and he knew that. He knew that we couldnt find a singer of that calibre with that much imput to our music to continue on as Authentic GNR.

Can you imagine if Duff and I had the audacity to wheel out Guns and Roses in 91' without Axl,Izzy, Steven or by then Matt and still call it Guns and Roses? Fans would have seen through that shit in a heartbeat and shut that shit down in a second. Axl knew that and he exploited that knowledge. Yes he was crazy enough to press the issue regardless of the consequinces to everybody concerned. His way or no way and that was that. Ultimately it was his way. Ill give it to him he had it planned to the last T and dotted I.

At that time all systems were a go and we were confronted with Axls antics once again but you know I kinbd of trusted him . I had been told by my manager and managment that we faced some heavy duty lawsuits. AS a band we were mired in lawsuits that were not nessessarily of anyones making than that of Axls. We could sweat our balls off and keep the machine rolling to pay for all of it...look at St. Louis did that come out of Axls personal pocket? Did he pony up out of his proceeds to make it right...same with Montreal...who ultimately wrote the checks to cover the legal beagles? Guns and Roses. Who paid for the $100,000 after parties that Axl threw every night? We tried for a very long time to accomodate the eccentricities and "genius" of Axl and it just kept ratcheting up and up and up with Duff and I being the last men standing as far as the original AFD lineup was concerned. Izzy was sort of there but he was so over it that I think he would have left and should have left before we toured. But you know ... its called hope and we hoped that Axl could hold it together long enough to make it happen. It just was such a surreal blindside... a suckerpunch from a Axl. We made it happen and it managed to be the defining moment of rock tours and it forced us to keep it together.

Can you imagine if we would have called Axls bluff and called him on his shit? No UYI tours, no new music and years and years of trying to sort out the financial obligations that we as a band faced recording a double album and tanking a major tour of the world? As successful as AFD was and Lies the lawsuits and legal manouvering would have bankrupted all of us in a matter of years had we walked away ??. All our work and effort to make GNR would have vanished as quickly as it came. All of us had signed our souls away to do tour and record and many many people were relying on us to stay alive and get out on the road again. We had something like 60 people that relied on us directly to make it happen plus the consideration to hundreds of more that had invested in us."

He would have quit..we all know that and in a manner he did.The Axl that was on board in the clubs and the recording process of AFD was not the same Axl of UYI days. Money and fame definately changed him. We knew where his headspace was and the beggars and hangers on that were telling him that GNR was him and him alone as if the rest of us were only minor players to Axl dramafest.

So instead of us calling it quits and walking away at that moment, we took into consideration the FANS and the demand that UYI be toured. At that time it was a distinct possibility that Axl would walk away anyway and that was demonstrated early on in the tour. "

0246.wall%2520of%2520text.png-610x0.png

• Like 3

If Axl had any integrity he would reunite the old lineup for a tour and make sure everyone got an even cut.

He tried to do his own thing and failed. It's time to make peace with Slash and do what's right for the band, and most importantly for the fans.

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting bored with Slash's life?

I've been bored with Slash since 1995

Yet you can't stop talking about him...............

Must drive you crazy to know that GnR cannot function without Slash songs!!!! And that with Slash they were releasing albums almost yearly and were one of the 2-3 biggest rock bands in the world. Without Slash..............well.................ya, you know how that's worked out.

That's an impressive wall of text. I won't get into all your historical inaccuracies and outright lies, 'cept for one. Maybe you oughtta read the Axl chats again. Here's Axl's quote from the chats regarding the claim he "blackmailed" them for the name: "Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I would’ve have been cremated years ago legally, could’ve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances. In fact the time that was mentioned the attorneys were all in Europe with us dealing with Adler depositions."

Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

That's an impressive wall of text. I won't get into all your historical inaccuracies and outright lies, 'cept for one. Maybe you oughtta read the Axl chats again. Here's Axl's quote from the chats regarding the claim he "blackmailed" them for the name: "Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I wouldve have been cremated years ago legally, couldve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances. In fact the time that was mentioned the attorneys were all in Europe with us dealing with Adler depositions."

Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

Except Slash is not the only one telling a similar story about the name issue so you are assuming Axl is telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring against poor Axl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Edited by classicrawker

It's a shame slash is such a two-faced, unlikeable person. It makes the band he's in harder for me to enjoy.

Just curious how is he two faced?..............he has never changed his story since the beginning despite being asked the same tired questions over and over.......

Edited by classicrawker

It's a shame slash is such a two-faced, unlikeable person. It makes the band he's in harder for me to enjoy.

Just curious how is he two faced?..............he has never changed his story since despite being asked the same tired questions over and over.......

They rely on Beta's fictitious story about the late night visit to Axl.

It's like a bubble they can't see out of...

Just curious how is he two faced?..............he has never changed his story since the beginning despite being asked the same tired questions over and over.......

All of his little stories about how he was an innocent angel in the 90s and Axl was Satan. He never admits to slinging his part of the shit, just tried to put himself in the best possible light.

No, I'm not saying he's as guilty or more so than Axl, but he definitely played his part.

Except Slash is not the only one telling a similar story about the name issue so you are assuming Axl is telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring against poor Axl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

*facepalm* What I posted has nothing to do with "Axl telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring." Like Axl said (which I just posted and you didn't read (or remember)), if he had actually forcibly taken the name, they could've slayed him in the judicial system. Furthermore, it wasn't Axl who directly presented the papers to them. It was an intermediary (Goldstien maybe?) who portrayed things differently to each side. That's why each person's account has some truth to it. Spare me your dramatic theater-major responses, kthx.

At this point its hard to imagine Axl being serious about music. Why would he ever want a reunion? I reckon he is happy the way things are going. If he is ever short on cash he can always leak a few songs and tour the world. Maybe they should just get in a room together and talk about the weather or something first. Try to see if they are ready to forgive and move on. If you were in their shoes wouldn't you want to?

Claiming innocence(along with many others, btw) is not considered two faced.

Call it what you want. He helped kill GNR by being stubborn as fuck and refusing to collaborate, and now he puts on the innocent angel act for everyone.

Repeating Axl's version of events will probably get you nowhere. You refuse to see the writing on the wall? The "refusal to collaborate" was a refusal to be dictated to by Axl who he would be working for and with. Gilby was selected by Slash due to Axl giving him that choice. Yet Axl fires Gilby without ANY input from the other guys. You expect anyone to just let the singer dictate to them who they are allowed to have chemistry with in a creative aspect? It wasn't a refusal to collaborate, it was a refusal to be Axl's little bitch. Everyone since has been Axl's bitch. The pattern speaks for itself.

And who was the main person causing cancellations, riots and late starts? Who was the devil in that regard?

That logic is too twisted to even acknowledge. If your wife fucks around on you, is constantly trying to hijack your every hobby, constantly causing rifts between you and friends, consistently forces you to either be late to or call out of work due to her behavior, do you call yourself the one that killed the relationship simply because you left that shit?

Is anyone else getting bored with Slash's life?

I've been bored with Slash since 1995

Yet you can't stop talking about him...............

Must drive you crazy to know that GnR cannot function without Slash songs!!!! And that with Slash they were releasing albums almost yearly and were one of the 2-3 biggest rock bands in the world. Without Slash..............well.................ya, you know how that's worked out.

You lost me at "Slash songs"

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif