SLASH On Possibility Of GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'If It Happens One Day, It Happens'

Guest NGOG

Except Slash is not the only one telling a similar story about the name issue so you are assuming Axl is telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring against poor Axl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

*facepalm* What I posted has nothing to do with "Axl telling the truth and everyone else is lying and conspiring." Like Axl said (which I just posted and you didn't read (or remember)), if he had actually forcibly taken the name, they could've slayed him in the judicial system. Furthermore, it wasn't Axl who directly presented the papers to them. It was an intermediary (Goldstien maybe?) who portrayed things differently to each side. That's why each person's account has some truth to it. Spare me your dramatic theater-major responses, kthx.

Are you a lawyer now? How do you know they did not seek legal council after the fact or just decided not to pursue it? Axl is no fucking lawyer yet you Axl fan boys hang on every word he says like he is some kind of Yoda, (someone you Star War geeks can identify with) ....those Axl chats (rants) have become some kind of mystical Torah for the Axl worshippers.........And you should be the last person who has the right to accuse anyone of "dramatic theater-major responses"............. ;)

Edited by classicrawker

"Slash songs" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Slash's Snakepit is EPIC!!!
Epic Shit. Snakepit was a steaming pile of shit. And "Slash's songs" lmfao :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Did you miss where the writers from UYI were listed out? Slash had like 5, and most of them were the shit filler songs.
  • Like 1

You are forgetting the one crucial difference between Slash songs and Axl songs.

Slash songs actually get released.

Trollcano will now probably say that this doesn't matter because they all suck. He get's repetitive like that.

That's how it goes right? Just repeat and repeat until you convince yourself?

That's what you cupcakes do right?

Slash cant stand to be out of the spotlight so he goes on Larry King fifty times and talks about the same pointless fodder. I don't care how many times he goes on TV, it's not going to make his music or his boyfriend Myles any more enjoyable to listen to.

Insert Slash nutswinger comments below this point. __

You are forgetting the one crucial difference between Slash songs and Axl songs.

Trollcano will now probably say that this doesn't matter because they all suck. He get's repetitive like that.
I'd rather wait 15 years and get a masterpiece like Chinese Democracy than get the shit guitars/screaming cat under a Hummer wheel that is a Slash/Myles album every 2 years
  • Like 1

I'd rather wait 15 years and get a masterpiece like Chinese Democracy than get the shit guitars/screaming cat under a Hummer wheel that is a Slash/Myles album every 2 years

qft

Nearly everything musically on AFD was written by Slash and Izzy. They were a tight unit.

Would SCOM have came to fruition without that riff? Regardless of how he felt about the riff, it is HIS.

Would November Rain be anywhere as epic without the solos?

How about Estranged?

Coma isnt a shit filler.

Neither is Locomotive.

The Don't Damn Me riff is the shit.

Garden of Eden is an underrated song. I love the guitar work.

The Civil War guitar pieces are excellent.

Did you miss where the writers from UYI were listed out? Slash had like 5, and most of them were the shit filler songs.

What a tool. Slash has more than 5 just on UYI 1 alone.

Slash is as important to GNR as Izzy and Axl. Quit trying to downplay his contributions like idiots.

"Slash songs" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Slash's Snakepit is EPIC!!!
Epic Shit. Snakepit was a steaming pile of shit. And "Slash's songs" lmfao :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Did you miss where the writers from UYI were listed out? Slash had like 5, and most of them were the shit filler songs.

You guys are funny, I'll give you that.

The hilarious thing is that all the current members of the band that you guys worship, including Axl, will give Slash all the props in the world for his work on Appetite, Lies, Illusions, SI. Slash is universally thought of by fans and critics and OTHER guitar players as being one of the best guitar players of his generation.

So for you guys to continually bash him.......it doesn't make you a bigger Axl fan, a bigger Beta fan or a bigger DJ fan. It just makes you look like clowns.

Don't like his music? Great. Don't like his personality? Super. But to claim that he sucks or is a horrible guitar player and that he wasn't just as influential to the music that made Guns n Roses the band that they were.........again, doesn't make you a bigger and better Axl fan. It just shows that you are either trolling or that you literally have no clue about music.

So which is it? Are you guys purposely trolling or do you just not know anything about music?

P.S.

Wf*ck - you do know that a writing credit on an album doesn't mean that that one person wrote the entire song, right? You do know that it doesn't mean that Axl wrote the drum parts, the guitar parts, the bass parts.........right? Please tell me you know this.

Holy crap. wf*ck, Coma, Volcano..........serious question. Do you guys think that Axl actually wrote ALL the instrumental parts on all the GnR albums? And do you guys think that Axl actually PLAYED all the instruments for the album? And Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler just play the parts live?

Nearly everything musically on AFD was written by Slash and Izzy. They were a tight unit.

Would SCOM have came to fruition without that riff? Regardless of how he felt about the riff, it is HIS.

Would November Rain be anywhere as epic without the solos?

How about Estranged?

Coma isnt a shit filler.

Neither is Locomotive.

The Don't Damn Me riff is the shit.

Garden of Eden is an underrated song. I love the guitar work.

The Civil War guitar pieces are excellent.

Did you miss where the writers from UYI were listed out? Slash had like 5, and most of them were the shit filler songs.

What a tool. Slash has more than 5 just on UYI 1 alone.

Slash is as important to GNR as Izzy and Axl. Quit trying to downplay his contributions like idiots.

I guarantee Robin's solos on the rerecorded AFD blow away Slash's. Plus Robin proved he can outplay Slash live. So if you're trying to prove that Slash was needed on AFD, you're failing.

Sigh.

You seriously don't get it.

Slash isn't releasing music for you. He's releasing music for his fans. You can't judge the quality of an album or a career by biasing (is that a word?) it with your personal preferences. That's idiotic and makes no sense at all. You are comparing apples to oranges. But that's what you Axl worshippers have to do to try and make your points. Why is that?

Would you rather:

Axl do one interview every three years and put out one album every 20 years?

OR

Axl do 50 million Larry King interviews and put out an album every two years?

Would you rather:

Axl put out an album this year, an EP next year, and then a double album two years after that?

OR

Axl put out one album in 20 years?

Those are legitimate questions.

Do you really want to start comparing Axl to other artists? That's a battle you won't win. I can list you numerous other successful bands that do media, interact with their fans, and put out music on a regular basis.

Edited by Groghan

Slash cant stand to be out of the spotlight so he goes on Larry King fifty times and talks about the same pointless fodder. I don't care how many times he goes on TV, it's not going to make his music or his boyfriend Myles any more enjoyable to listen to.

It is called promoting your music mate...you know, it is what every musician except Axl does when they make a new record?..............but come to think of it Axl gets a pass as he does not make any new music to promote... :lol:

And as far as you liking Slash's music if any Slash fan is smart they really should not a give shit what you haters think of Slash's music and won't get into useless Slash vs. Axl debate with you over it.... ;)

Edited by classicrawker

It is called promoting your music mate...you know, it is what every musician except Axl does when they make a new record?..............but come to think of it Axl gets a pass as he does not make any new music to promote... :lol:

And as far as you liking Slash's music if any Slash fan is smart they really should not a give shit what you haters think of Slash's music and won't get into useless Slash vs. Axl debate with you over it.... ;)

Dude, these guys actual PRAISE Axl for not doing interviews and for NOT releasing albums.

Craziest thing I've ever seen on a fan forum.

Fans happy their favorite singer doesn't release music. :shrugs:

I'd rather wait 15 years and get a masterpiece like Chinese Democracy

In what universe is that overproduced piece of bile a masterpiece?! :lol:

Seriously dude, you're killing me!

Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece (in my honest opinion). It really is a shame we haven't heard the rest of the tracks from that era :(

I'd rather wait 15 years and get a masterpiece like Chinese Democracy

In what universe is that overproduced piece of bile a masterpiece?! :lol:

Seriously dude, you're killing me!

Chinese Democracy is a masterpiece (in my honest opinion). It really is a shame we haven't heard the rest of the tracks from that era :(
Well, I've said before that the songs are great quality. But everything else about the record is wrong imo. Plus a few songs are just pure shit, like Scraped. But in essence a lot of the songs are great. Masterpiece potential...maybe even. But in their 2000'ish forms. Every song on CD is a step (or a lot of steps) down from the previously leaked versions. That's what makes it a terrible album for me. So much potential and they just ruined it with the layering and the production and the mixing.

I want the 3 discs worth of 1999/2000 material.

Edited by username