Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium - Rage Against the Machine

wasted

What a Live album this is. I just love the opening "Bulls on Parade", intro, riff, "What's up Los Angeles!"

I'm not sure if I'd follow them into a riot but there's a riot on stage alright. De La Rocha sounds pretty committed to the lyrics, lots of cool guitar work going on.

• Like 1

One of my favorite live albums. Killer versions of Bullet In The Head, Calm Like A Bomb, and Freedom especially.

Bulls on Parade is killer but I just like intros. Guerrilla Radio and Know Your Enemy are almost studio quality with crowd noise.

The Remasters on the 20th Anniversary cd make the debut sound more like the subsequent albums.

That bonus track Darkness of Greed is like Crash Diet of RATM.

I regret not seeing them.

I don't remember having a chance to see them. there must be a live dvd somewhere, maybe of this show. It probably is a great show to go to if you're up for a riot.

One of my favorite live albums. Killer versions of Bullet In The Head, Calm Like A Bomb, and Freedom especially.

People do bring up that point that you cant fight the power while signed to sony. But people dont say that about Dylan, Marley, Public Enemy, nobody says Axl cant write Civil War.

I think the lyrics are too about one thing. No loves songs no 30 million record sales.

But ironically they kind stayed the same like most want bands to. Like most wanted AFD over and over. In a way Rage are ACDC.

They stayed Rage until they couldnt.

Apathy sells much better than revolution.

For every Starbucks you sip an Anfrican baby gets AIDS. Sleep now in the fire!!!

I reckon this could have been their Appetite For Revolution:

1. Killing in the Name of

2. Know Your Enemy

3. Renegades of Funnk

4. Guerrilla Radio

5. Sleep Now in the Fire

6. Wake Up

7. Bulls On Parade

8. People of the Sun

9. Township Rebellion

10. Calm Like A Bomb

11. Bullet in the Head

12. Freedom

Edited by wasted

What a Live album this is. I just love the opening "Bulls on Parade", intro, riff, "What's up Los Angeles!"

I'm not sure if I'd follow them into a riot but there's a riot on stage alright. De La Rocha sounds pretty committed to the lyrics, lots of cool guitar work going on.

Busted this out yesterday since your thread reminded me of it. That's one solid ass live record right there!

What s a better way to sell records to kids, then singing about revolution.

Awesome band, but without the actual revolution, its a little redundant.

Come on Zacky, fire the first shot!! I triple dog dare you!!!

I have not been following Zach since he left Rage but Morello participates in many demonstrations and speaks out on injustices around the world in the press ...what do you expect them to do start an armed revolution? they are only musicians and protest through their music.....

I think how I look at it is, these are their views and opinions. They express their righteous anger through the music. Across the board music sells, I don't think they are doing it to sell records, this is what they think, and some people agree with them or need to let off steam about these injustices and frustrations, I'm more just getting a more cathartic release from it. We're not really talking about white middle America here I don't think. That's more Marilyn Manson's job, to corrupt the daughters of mid west pentecostal church. That's shock rock. RATM seem to just rock so hard that even if you don't agree it's hard to not be in awe of the racket they are making. They are probably right, ther's a lot of bad shit going down around the world, which some benefit, some lose.

What s a better way to sell records to kids, then singing about revolution.

Awesome band, but without the actual revolution, its a little redundant.

Come on Zacky, fire the first shot!! I triple dog dare you!!!

I have not been following Zach since he left Rage but Morello participates in many demonstrations and speaks out on injustices around the world in the press ...what do you expect them to do start an armed revolution? they are only musicians and protest through their music.....

Lol, no. I was just being an idiot.