Fernando " we are putting together a game plan to give you what you need the most, information"

bumblecool

Excellent.

So much negativity could be nipped in the bud with updates/interactions.

I would think so, but after reading through this thread, it's clear that may not be true. At least not for all the members of the forum. In fact, rather than nipping any negativity in the bud, it seems this has offered any opportunity to express more. The skepticism and cynicism I understand. The personal insults for what may be an awkwardly worded, but polite, update are unnecessary and unfortunate.

Ali

Fernando Democracy starts now!

He addresses that they've been touring, and that something new will come... aka, a record? This backs the idea though that they might be stuck due to the record company, so they could be trying to figure out what they can do.

A gameplan is a figure of speech... jesus calm down! :) I for one like that they have acknowledged the fans discontent and are working on something. What it is, who knows... we all know what we want it to be but, we'll see!

The message seemed reasonable to me. as for The gameplan, that is necessary, a band as big as GnR can't just do things on the spur of the moment, things have to be thought through, band members have to be informed, booking agents have to be informed, labels etc. it's not as easy as you might think. Even bands who have 20/30 yr experienced managers still have to put a game plan together... don't for get that the music business is... A business, and in business you need a strategy.

LOL.

Yet for some reason, other bands - especially those who have been in the business for 20/30 years and have experience managers - are able to routinely release albums, videos, dvds, tour successfully and give their fans updates on the band's status. And most of the time, it isn't the manager's son doing all the talking, it's actual BAND MEMBERS communicating with their fans.

He just gave an "update" to say he is working on an "update." Ridiculous.

I know as much as you do about what is going on internally with the band. Yet, I can pop this out in two minutes:

"Sorry for the recent silence, but the guys are vacationing and relaxing from the last tour so there hasn't been anything newsworthy to report. I know your all dying for a new album, and trust me, so is the band! We've got some great songs (you've heard the titles) in the can and we hope to combine them with some songs the current line-up has been working on. DJ and BBF are flooding me with ideas!

Ideally we can work out a deal with the label and get you guys a new album before Christmas 2014. If so, we'll promote that album with a 2-year world tour. And to keep the fellas from getting bored we hope to do another Up Close and Personal tour of some sort this summer (or maybe a couple festivals) where we'll road test some of those new songs. THANK YOU for your support over the years and decades, the band loves you all. I'll chat with you soon.

P.S. On the Nightrain website (which is FREE to join) we've posted a couple 20-second snippets of a few songs we've been working on. Go check them out and leave a comment to let us know what you think! Thanks again for your support."

Now that sounds a bit more like it man you should apply for team Brazil!

Edited by RockerRoller

this words are only the last confirmation about the new tour in early 2014...

remember the bumblefoot's tour cancellation...

Best case scenario: "Vegas DVD is coming out Dec 16, Guns N' Roses will be doing a short North American run through January-February 2014, & the new album drops March 3 2014."

Most likely scenario: "2014 Tour dates are: *8 tour dates* ....More to come soon!"

This should buy them another 4 months.

That actually sounds about right, sadly...

Yup, thats about exactly right. That buys them till next year, and most likely March when people start getting antsy again. We get an update in March, then one over the summer about fall plans, then one in the fall saying "just wait until next year when we do something huge!" And then the cycle starts all over again.

Good lord. So does this Fernando post buy the camp another massive period of no news, productivity, music etc????... Posts like that are pointless. He has posted to let us know nothing.

Its only music, I'm really struggling to understand why its so hard to not just be honest with updates ....nor do I understand why its hard to get a group of like minded folk in a room to jam out ideas, build songs....then push that out there.

Just strip everything back to basics, and what you enjoy doing, and let loose....I'm sure the end result would be good (music doesn't have to be grandiose and epic all the god damn time).

Alternatively, be honest and let us know if GnR aren't interested in creating new music, and call it a day on GNR. Get that monkey off everyones back, and start fresh without the GNR expectations.

For people like ali,

It's just that people want the feather to stop tickling their dicks. This place will never be utopia, but some solid and consistent contact would at least be great for the people who still have any hope for Axl's nu venture.

Saying one day we'll speak...soon...here's an update about us wanting to speak soon; fairly doesn't really kill off too much of the negativity when we've heard shit like this before. Actions always speak louder than words.

Edited by Bobbo

Excellent.

So much negativity could be nipped in the bud with updates/interactions.

I would think so, but after reading through this thread, it's clear that may not be true. At least not for all the members of the forum. In fact, rather than nipping any negativity in the bud, it seems this has offered any opportunity to express more. The skepticism and cynicism I understand. The personal insults for what may be an awkwardly worded, but polite, update are unnecessary and unfortunate.

Ali

DOOM misread the crowd, that's for sure...I feel like a face :awesomeface:

• Like 1

I think this could be a good sign... with that said.. why be so secretive about it? Why do you need to put a game plan together to tweet out info? Just say it. We've heard 2014 is going to be a big year, but no indication of what.

How hard would it be to just tweet something like:

"Workign on new GnR album to be released in 2014"

"Working on booking new GnR tour"

"Working on releasing GnR Vegas DvD"

"Working on nothing"

Fernando doesn't need to have a sentance read over by a publishing company before releasing them.... You don't need a gameplan.

I can see how the 3 hour meeting went.

All GnR people in one room sitting around rectangular table, except axl.

1:00pm

Fernando "Ok band where's axl"?

Bumblefoot "Who knows, he's always late.

2 hours later

3:00pm

Axl "Sorry I'm late, I was busy buying some new hats, rings and jackets.

Fernando "Ok, we need a plan to put out this new album.

Bumblefoot "What new album do you speak of?"

Pitman "Why the hell release a new album? Noone wants it"

Beta "Good point Chris."

Ashba "I've got tons of wonderful songs recorded, you should here them Mr. Axl Sir. I worked hard on them.

Axl "Good for you, I will come by and here them eventually.

Frank "I think a new albums a good plan."

Axl "I want Brian back."

Beta "I will see what I can do hon."

Axl "Meeting over"

Fernando "What about the?"

*everyone leaves except Fernando and Frank*

Frank "well, so much for that meeting."

Fernando "Don't worry Frank, we're the two most important people in this band, we can get this album released! Lets go get a icecream!"

Meeting recap....

2 hours waiting for axl.

15 minutes discussing album, brian, and hats, rings, and jackets.

45 minutes getting icecream.

:lol: