Discuss: Jimmy Kimmel, one year on

Guest NGOG

That was great and did wonders for the public's perception of him.

It really is that easy.

Do one talk show a year.

Do a couple interviews a year for magazines.

Log onto your fan forum or one of the GnR forums out there 1-2 times a year and spend half an hour chatting with your fans.

That's literally 8 hours of time per YEAR, the same amount the rest of us work per day...........and it would improve Axl's image by a 1000%

You guys are funny.

So Axl's one tv interview is better than Slash's...........would you rather Axl followed Slash's route in terms of music, or are you satisfied with one tv interview every ten years and one album every 20 years??????

And why the comparison anyway? Slash hasn't been in GnR for 16 years.

Edited by Groghan

Bullshit interview...Axl wasn't asked the hard questions like reunion, Slash, former Guns, breakup...Makes me want to lit his Halloween tree on fire :awesomeface:

I bet Team Brazil had a sniper scope pointed towards Jimmy incase he asked those "forbidden questions" LOL

Edited by gunnari

Better than any TV interview Slash has done in the past 10 years. Halloween Trees >> lying about a reunion

True.

Funny how Slash had to up Axl on his hamburgers by giving out cheeseburgers...
Slash Burgers

Free with any phurchase at the #AshbaSwag #AshbaMediaWarehouse

Edited by wfuckinga
  • Like 1

This Axl vs. Slash stuff is boring as shit. They're both washed up. Each of them sucks without the other and Izzy. Their glory days are decades in the past.

Slash talking to Larry King is lame as fuck. Axl taking softball questions from Kimmel and talking nonsense about Halloween trees is lame as fuck. In the off chance that one of the two men is less lame than the other, it's hardly an accomplishment worth bragging about.

• Like 2

That interview was lighthearted... anyone expecting Jimmy Kimmel to play hardball with Axl has obviously not followed the JK show... it's always lighhearted... always :)

As for any other interviewer, they don't have the balls to ask the tough questions, they know that if they piss him off he will cut them off and the maine or network they work for and that's not good because even today with his star fading he is still a huge draw for news sources and thats proven every time he does and interview either in a magazine or on television (JKS or TMS, Los Angeles times etc.)

This Axl vs. Slash stuff is boring as shit. They're both washed up. Each of them sucks without the other and Izzy. Their glory days are decades in the past.

Slash talking to Larry King is lame as fuck. Axl taking softball questions from Kimmel and talking nonsense about Halloween trees is lame as fuck. In the off chance that one of the two men is less lame than the other, it's hardly an accomplishment worth bragging about.

The kids are obsessed with Slash for some reason.

It's pretty amusing to watch. They have to compare everything Axl does to what Slash is doing.

They bash everything Slash does.............and then somehow praise Axl for not doing media, not communicating with his fans and for NOT putting out music. Think about that.

Only on this forum do die-hard fans of a band PRAISE that band for not putting out music. :shrugs:

If I have to describe Axl on Kimmel in one word, that word would be "Meaningless".

Thing is, it's only promotion when it leads to something. This didn't. Nothing particularly revealing was said. Interesting past topics were prohibited and there simply ARE no decent future plans. So yeah. Meaningless. Which is sad. I'd love to see Axl go on these shows and talk about exciting new music and releases. But that only works when they're there AND actually happen.

This Axl vs. Slash stuff is boring as shit.

Was just about to post this.

Why must so many threads get deterred into Axl Vs Slash?

I can point you towards a couple of specific members here who seem to be doing it in many threads ;)
  • Like 1

This Axl vs. Slash stuff is boring as shit.

Was just about to post this.

Why must so many threads get deterred into Axl Vs Slash?

I can point you towards a couple of specific members here who seem to be doing it in many threads ;)

Oh I'm aware. My question is directed towards them.

For me, I'm interested in little to nothing involving Slash these days. So I can't see why I'd bother bringing him up in threads that have nothing to do with him. It just doesn't make sense to me I guess.

Better than any TV interview Slash has done in the past 10 years. Halloween Trees >> lying about a reunion

:lol: no. slash's interview with george stephanaphaluffagus was great. piers morgan was great. those were both in the past couple years alone.

axl's interview was perfect given the context of his baggage he brings with him, because he disallowed kimmel from touching on certain subjects (like slash), and came off kind and good-humored by focusing on the more trivial things. but in the grand scheme of things, there was little substance to his interview. it was all very well-orchestrated and planned and kimmel went on howard stern a few days after the interview and was like, "he was a nice dude, but wow, he really hates that slash guy." :lol: i can only imagine what list of off-topic material team brazil handed to kimmel's crew when axl showed up.

let me reiterate, it was a great interview within its own context and for axl's public image it did well. (not that it really had any huge effect, but still.) but it was overall a pretty fluffy piece, nothing really THAT substantial or interesting was gleaned from it. i'd love axl to sit down with someone like stern or marc maron but that'll probably never happen, because they'd bring up stuff axl will never speak about publicly again.

tv talk shows are all super-orchestrated, they rehearse questions beforehand, decide what's gonna be talked about. that's why when they feign surprise a lot of the times it seems so fake.