What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

Rusty - why do you think these guys hate Slash so much? It's almost obsessive. They feel like they must bash and hate on Slash in every topic.

Why do you think that is? Guy hasn't been in the band for 16 years and he helped create the classic songs that the current line-up covers every concert..........but these guys absolutely hate him with a passion.

You could say the exact same thing about the ones who bash Axl.

Agree 100%.

The difference though, is that the guys who bash Axl will give you legitimate reasons why. Axl keeping GnR name and not releasing music, broken promises, his role in breaking up the old band, turning GnR into a bit of a joke in the music world, not communicating with fans, forgetting lyrics to songs or sounding like crap at high profile events, playing weddings, Beta and her crew, etc. You might not agree with all those reasons, but at least they tell you WHY they are unhappy with Axl. AND they are just frustrated and unhappy with somebody who they WISH would put out more music.

But on the other side, guys like Volcano and Brainsaber seem to absolutely HATE Slash all because Axl doesn't like him. They downgrade and bash his original involvement with the band. "Why do you hate slash so much" ......and you get "Because he is a liar who was mean to Axl and he sucks as a guitar player and is only famous because of Axl and DJ is a better guitar player and his wife is fat."

One side gives Axl the respect he deserves and also would support him musically if he ever decides to run GnR like a real band. Most of them want Axl to succeed.

The other side just blindly hates Slash and everything he does. All because Axl doesn't like him.

The average negative Axl guy on here would love to see Axl release 5 albums in the next 10 years and for all those albums to be classics that sell 20 million copies each.

The average negative Slash guy on here is HOPING and PRAYING that Slash fails as an artist.

That's the difference.

• Like 2

The Les Paul was revived by Slash even though he was using a replica. Even Gibson acknowledges that.

I totally agree with that but today there are many guitarists closely associated with the LP.

I'm not trying to discredit Slash at all, I'm just saying he's not THE face of the LP is all.

The Les Paul was revived by Slash even though he was using a replica. Even Gibson acknowledges that.

Rusty, don't you know that as an Axl/GnR fan in 2013 you must HATE everything related to Slash?

DJ revived Gibson......heck, this man revived all of hard rock music.

Slash's career is a millionth as important and relevant as DJ.

Come on man. Stop being a hater.

Gibson gleefully, eternally gratefully acknowledges that.

But Volcano doesn't..............

I totally agree with that but today there are many guitarists closely associated with the LP.

I'm not trying to discredit Slash at all, I'm just saying he's not THE face of the LP is all.

Pick up a sunburst les paul and try not to picture yourself playing a solo in front of an abandoned church in the middle of nowhere.

Rusty, don't you know that as an Axl/GnR fan in 2013 you must HATE everything related to Slash?

DJ revived Gibson......heck, this man revived all of hard rock music.

Slash's career is a millionth as important and relevant as DJ.

Come on man. Stop being a hater.

Volcano doesn't represent the fanbase. He's a nut that fell FAR from the tree. Everyone knows it.

The longer this goes on (The overall Slash/GN'R split), the more I feel like I'm re-living the late 80s and early 90s again. I didn't understand it then and I sure as hell don't understand it now. Why must I absolutely hate one or the other?

I'm not kidding you when I tell you that these exact same things went on during that time period with Floyd fans. You absolutely HAD to support Dave or Roger. I liked things about both of them and disliked things about both of them. Sometimes I favored one over the other for whatever reason, etc. People would act like I was bat-shit crazy for taking that stance.

These threads are like complete and total deja-vu for me.

Pick up a sunburst les paul and try not to picture yourself playing a solo in front of an abandoned church in the middle of nowhere.

I can dig how iconic that whole deal is, but for me I always thought of people like Mark Knopfler and Jimmy Page as being associated with the LP before Slash came along is all.

• Like 1

The longer this goes on (The overall Slash/GN'R split), the more I feel like I'm re-living the late 80s and early 90s again. I didn't understand it then and I sure as hell don't understand it now. Why must I absolutely hate one or the other?

I'm not kidding you when I tell you that these exact same things went on during that time period with Floyd fans. You absolutely HAD to support Dave or Roger. I liked things about both of them and disliked things about both of them. Sometimes I favored one over the other for whatever reason, etc. People would act like I was bat-shit crazy for taking that stance.

No kidding.

And to be honest, it's all pretty frigging stupid.

I don't even like 90% of Slash's post-GnR music and I'm a million times bigger Axl fan. But because of some people on this forum, I spend more time defending Slash than I do Axl.

Your examples were good...........and then the next one was that you weren't allowed to like Sammy Hagar in VH. The "cool" kids preferred DLR, and only those yuppie pop fans who knew nothing about music liked the Hagar version. When in fact the opposite was true. I'll never forget talking to a guy who was like "DRL all the way, Van Hagar sucked" and I asked him what his favorite VH songs were and he could only name Jump, Panama and Hot For Teacher. But it was cooler to like DLR and to bash Sammy.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time and I wish he'd put out an album a year for the next decade. I still listen to CD several times a week.

I rarely listen to anything of Slash's post GnR work. But I love and respect the work he did with GnR and how he is running his career now. Keeps in contact with his fans and releases music on a regular basis - two things that Axl chooses not to do.

And while I'd enjoy meeting Axl, it seems like Slash is WAY nicer and cooler in real life than Axl is.

That's it. Pretty simply. To hate or worship a musician..........never understood people with that mindset.

I can dig how iconic that whole deal is, but for me I always thought of people like Mark Knopfler and Jimmy Page as being associated with the LP before Slash came along is all.

Well you thought wrong, because Mark Knofpler is known for the Strat.

• Like 1

With all that being the case, musically, in concert, the new band in my opinion is far superior to the old..

I always find this kind of statement interesting..in what way do you feel they are superior? playing the old music? not trying to be a dick but just interested in why you feel this way............

The overall sound quality is better..The 3rd guitar sounds better..it just sounds a lot more "full" if that makes any sense..Also, aside from DJ's antics (which get on my nerves), this band has a hell of a lot of charisma..With the old band, it seemed like they weren't having fun a lot of the time..In fact, the last time I saw them, Slash laid on his back for two songs and seemed totally out of it a lot of the show..

russtcb, on 25 Oct 2013 - 7:00 PM, said:russtcb, on 25 Oct 2013 - 7:00 PM, said:
Rustycage, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:41 PM, said:Rustycage, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:41 PM, said:
russtcb, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:36 PM, said:russtcb, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:36 PM, said:
Rustycage, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:32 PM, said:Rustycage, on 25 Oct 2013 - 6:32 PM, said:

Always a Strat player for me, I don't deny he played Gibson - but nowhere near as much as Fender :shrugs:

Edit: niceguy said it 1st, bang on!

Edited by silkchild

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

It baffles me how on earth a grown up person hasn't learned the word opinion... CD might be mediocre to you, but for example I think it's the greatest album of the decade. So why wouldn't I support someone who actually makes good music?

Plus how can you say he hasn't made any attempt to connect with his fanbase. He came to every single major fan forum to chat with the fans for christ's sake. How many rockstars do that?

We don't know what exactly happened between Axl and Slash, so who are we to say it's wrong of Axl to hold a grudge? I mean what the fuck do you expect Axl to do? Beg for Slash to come back? Slash was the one who left. Slash was the one who made Axl look like the bad guy. Why should Axl want to have anything to do with him?

When it comes to reunion, the ball is on Slash's side. It seems like Slash only wants to forget about all the problems, but Axl would actually want to face all the problems between them, in order to bury the hatchet. If Slash actually wants to bury the hatchet, he should make a public tweet about it or something. He should make it clear that he is willing to talk about the problems with Axl.

If I've understood correctly Axl would want Slash to apologize for something. And I'm also under the impression that Slash isn't even sure what he should apologize for? So the only logical step would be for Slash to ask Axl what he wants him to apologize for.

But I guess Slash hasn't done that. So the ball is still on Slash's side...

This might be the most illogical post on the forum in the last three months. Wow. Kiss Axl's ass much?

There is sooooooo much wrong with pretty much everything that you posted that it leads me to wonder if you are actually part of Axl's team that leeches....I mean, makes a living off of helping him in his career?

"""""Plus how can you say he hasn't made any attempt to connect with his fanbase. He came to every single major fan forum to chat with the fans for christ's sake. How many rockstars do that?"""" You are being sarcastic or humorous, right? Oh, your talking about the couple of times over a 16 year period that Axl logged on and chatted for a few minutes? You need to expand your base of rock stars, because most of them DO in fact chat with their fan base, and do so about a 100000 times more than Axl does. Even the most die-hard Axl ass-kissers on this forum admit that Axl doesn't communicate with his fans. So I can only assume that you are being sarcastic with this point, as it isn't even 1% true.

"""""We don't know what exactly happened between Axl and Slash, so who are we to say it's wrong of Axl to hold a grudge?""""" LOL. You crack me up. We don't know what happened - 100% correct. So why are you saying Slash needs to apologize????? Why hold a different standard for Axl than you do Slash - since YOU don't know what happened?

"""""I mean what the fuck do you expect Axl to do? Beg for Slash to come back?""""" No, he shouldn't. Just like anybody with a triple digit IQ doesn't think that Slash should beg to come back either.

"""""Slash was the one who made Axl look like the bad guy"""" Wow. Just wow. You must have just discovered GnR in the last year or so? Might want to do some research on your idol. Again, wow.

""""When it comes to reunion, the ball is on Slash's side.""" Holy Crap. each point you make is just more outlandish than the last one. Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum, Adler, Gilby would LOVE to get together and record an album. Only ONE person (well, Axl and Beta) doesn't want a reunion. One phone call from Axl and that classic line-up would be in a studio before the end of the year.

""""""It seems like Slash only wants to forget about all the problems, but Axl would actually want to face all the problems between them, in order to bury the hatchet.""""" You seriously don't believe this do you? You are an actual Axl hater who has made a fake account just to mess with people. Please tell me that is the case. Slash went to Axl's house to apologize and was REFUSED ENTRANCE. In the past couple of years Slash has said that Axl is a genius and one of the five best rock frontmen of all time. Slash showed up at the RNR HOF and would have played with Axl. What has Axl done? Called Slash a "cancer" and said he wish the band would have dropped him sooner. THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE MOST IDIOTIC POINT I'VE EVER SEEN ON THE FORUM.

""""" If Slash actually wants to bury the hatchet, he should make a public tweet about it or something. He should make it clear that he is willing to talk about the problems with Axl."""" Wow, so your going to tell grown men what they need to do about a situation that YOU even admitted that we the fans know nothing about? And, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? If Slash is going to mend the fences with Axl he needs to do a "public tweet" about it????? Are we in junior high here? Two adult men need to talk to each other, in private. F*CK. Maybe they should do a reality show instead of just a "public tweet"??????

"""""""""If I've understood correctly Axl would want Slash to apologize for something. And I'm also under the impression that Slash isn't even sure what he should apologize for? So the only logical step would be for Slash to ask Axl what he wants him to apologize for.

But I guess Slash hasn't done that. So the ball is still on Slash's side"""""""""...Your take on things is just baffling to me. In the real world in this situation, you are 99% incorrect. If Axl wants Slash to apologize for something then HE should grow a pair of balls and call/email Slash and tell him what it is. You are making Axl sound like a 13-year-old girl.

"You need to expand your base of rock stars, because most of them DO in fact chat with their fan base, and do so about a 100000 times more than Axl does."

Most of them? Maybe, if we count all the small bands. But I haven't heard of one time when a rockstar as big as Axl Rose would have come to a fanforum to chat. But honestly I would be interested to know what other rockstars have done that. So please name some.

Even the most die-hard Axl ass-kissers on this forum admit that Axl doesn't communicate with his fans. So I can only assume that you are being sarcastic with this point, as it isn't even 1% true.

I'm not being sarcastic. That Rdeyahlxp-dude, said that Axl would have made no attempt to connect with his fans and obviosly that's untrue. The forum chat was a big attempt. I never claimed that Axl is GREAT at communicating with his fans. I only disproved Rdeyahlxp's point. In my opinion he communicates enough. I have no interest in hearing over and over again that "the next album will come out sooner than CD" I got it the first time. I don't need him to say it again.

So why are you saying Slash needs to apologize?????

I never said that Slash should apologize. I said that I'm under the impression that Axl would want an apology from Slash. When it comes to Slash, all I said was that the ball is on his side when it comes to reunion. Obviosly it is because we know that he left the band. If he wants to come back then he should make the first move because he was the one who left. Isn't that obvious? To me it seems that Slash doesn't even want to come back so I understand why he doesn't make much effort to bury the hatchet with Axl. And I have no problems with that. Honestly I don't think Axl has any problems with that either.

Might want to do some research on your idol.

I know that Axl did his own share in making himself look bad. After all he is a rockstar and I'm pretty sure he actually wanted to be surrounded with controversy. And I know that Slash wasn't the only one of the ex-GNR members who portrayed Axl in a bad light to the media. But the fact still remains. Slash quit the band and portrayed Axl in a bad light to the media, so why would Axl want to have anything to do with him?

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum, Adler, Gilby would LOVE to get together and record an album. Only ONE person (well, Axl and Beta) doesn't want a reunion. One phone call from Axl and that classic line-up would be in a studio before the end of the year.

I know that Adler wants a reunion. Maybe Duff too, Dunno about Izzy and Slash though. Slash seems to be pretty happy with his band. But anyway, if they want a reunion, then THEY should call Axl, because they were the one's who left the band. Seriously, isn't that obvious? If I quit a job and then regret and want my job back, then I certainly don't expect my employer to call me and ask me to come back.

Slash went to Axl's house to apologize and was REFUSED ENTRANCE.

Again, we don't really know for sure what exactly happened when Slash went to Axl's house. Axl says in his press release that he HOPED that Slash would have wanted to end the war, but unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

What has Axl done? Called Slash a "cancer" and said he wish the band would have dropped him sooner.

Just so you know there's a difference between: "the band should have dropped him sooner" and "Should have left after Lies"

But yeah, I know that Axl doesn't like Slash anymore and hasn't done anything to get him back. If your wife left you and talked shit about you to all your friends, would you try to get her back? I doubt. If she wanted to get back together, the ball would be on her side.

so your going to tell grown men what they need to do about a situation that YOU even admitted that we the fans know nothing about?

I didn't say that we don't know ANYTHING about the situation. I said that we don't know EXACTLY what happened. But we do know that Slash was the one who left the band and the one who portayed Axl as the bad guy to the media. So based on that, it's pretty obvious that the ball is on his side. If he wants to return to GNR then he should approach Axl.

If Slash is going to mend the fences with Axl he needs to do a "public tweet" about it????? Are we in junior high here? Two adult men need to talk to each other, in private.

I said he should make a public tweet OR SOMETHING. It was just one suggestion. Why the need to bitch about everything I say? A public tweet would be good for one reason. Then there would be public pressure for Axl to answers something back. Then the ball would actually be on Axl's side, IF Slash had publicly and officially said that he wants to work things out and talk about the problems. If Axl wouldn't answer anything back, then I would agree that he is the immature one.

Of course the best thing to do would be to talk in private, but for some reason I just don't see that happening.

If Axl wants Slash to apologize for something then HE should grow a pair of balls and call/email Slash and tell him what it is.

But I don't think Axl necessarily WANTS Slash to apologize. Axl's seems to be just fine the way things are. But IF Slash wants to come back THEN Axl wants him to apologize. See the difference?

Edited by Lies They Tell

No kidding.

I don't even like 90% of Slash's post-GnR music and I'm a million times bigger Axl fan. But because of some people on this forum, I spend more time defending Slash than I do Axl.

Your examples were good...........and then the next one was that you weren't allowed to like Sammy Hagar in VH. The "cool" kids preferred DLR, and only those yuppie pop fans who knew nothing about music liked the Hagar version. When in fact the opposite was true. I'll never forget talking to a guy who was like "DRL all the way, Van Hagar sucked" and I asked him what his favorite VH songs were and he could only name Jump, Panama and Hot For Teacher. But it was cooler to like DLR and to bash Sammy.

Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time and I wish he'd put out an album a year for the next decade. I still listen to CD several times a week.

I rarely listen to anything of Slash's post GnR work. But I love and respect the work he did with GnR and how he is running his career now. Keeps in contact with his fans and releases music on a regular basis - two things that Axl chooses not to do.

And while I'd enjoy meeting Axl, it seems like Slash is WAY nicer and cooler in real life than Axl is.

That's it. Pretty simply. To hate or worship a musician..........never understood people with that mindset.

You can add me to list of people who love both Axl and Slash. Like you I hate most of the solo albums Slash has done. But Unlike you I don´t like CD either, only a few songs. I go to the shows to see Axl. Ron and Tommy are pretty good I realy like them. Some of the shows have been amazing like Japan or Atlanta 2011. But really I don´t get all the hate thing. Even if I wanted to hate either Axl or Slash I couldn´t. I´m a huge fan of the music they have done together with Izzy, Duff, Steven and Matt. I can disagree and even hate things they have said and done. But I don´t hate them. And I also met both Slash first and later in RIR 2001 I met Axl without any special invitation nor party passes. We just were a bunch of fans at the hotel where band was staying. I still hope to have a reunion at some point. What they did together was too great to put it to rest and forget all about it. For now I deal with whatever Axl is willing to give us.

People can talk all they want, but one thing's a fact....there will never be respect for Gn'R or will it be considered a serious band without Slash on it. Slash and Axl know it very clearly.

This forum could be closed until a reunion and this could be the statement people would see if they tried to log on. No sane person would disagree.

No kidding.

VH has always been a weird deal for me. I prefer Dave as a front man, but my top 2 VH records are Sammy albums. Either way, you're right that it was the same thing with them as well.

I met Slash once and he was beyond nice to us. I have yet to meet Axl, but I've always been worried it wouldn't be quite as pleasant of an experience due to those around him, not Axl himself.

Back on the Floyd subject for a second;

What's funny is that back then, I never liked Roger's solo output as much as Floyds but since I've completely flip-flopped. I wonder if some day it'll be the same way for Slash and GN'R for me.

Well you thought wrong, because Mark Knofpler is known for the Strat.

Nah, this is the first time I saw Knopfler:

I get that he's a big Strat player and I've seen him play a Strat a ton since, but the point I was making was about my experience/memory.

guys like Volcano and Brainsaber seem to absolutely HATE Slash all because Axl doesn't like him.

Source?

Posting history

There is no reasonable reason for you to hate Slash as much as you do.

On pretty much a daily basis you bash him, his history with GnR, his current career, his personal life, etc.

He has never done anything to you in real life. You think he is a terrible guitar player and you blame him for ruining the successful GnR line-up - so you should be HAPPY that he isn't in GnR anymore. And he doesn't force you to listen to his music (by music I mean the six albums he has released in the same time frame that Axl has released ONE). So you really have NO logical reason to hate him so much, or to go out of your way to insult him on a daily basis. I think Lindsey Lohan is a terrible actress and singer. So I don't watch her movies, buy her albums and I don't go to her fan forums and make 28 posts a day about how terrible I think she is. I just choose to ignore her. Your obsession with Slash is almost as weird as your constant Axl worship.

• Like 1

guys like Volcano and Brainsaber seem to absolutely HATE Slash all because Axl doesn't like him.

Source?

Posting history

On pretty much a daily basis you bash him, his history with GnR, his current career, his personal life, etc.

He has never done anything to you in real life. You think he is a terrible guitar player and you blame him for ruining the successful GnR line-up - so you should be HAPPY that he isn't in GnR anymore. And he doesn't force you to listen to his music (by music I mean the six albums he has released in the same time frame that Axl has released ONE). So you really have NO logical reason to hate him so much, or to go out of your way to insult him on a daily basis. I think Lindsey Lohan is a terrible actress and singer. So I don't watch her movies, buy her albums and I don't go to her fan forums and make 28 posts a day about how terrible I think she is. I just choose to ignore her. Your obsession with Slash is almost as weird as your constant Axl worship.

Today is awards season clearly. One of several brilliant posts I have seen today. Thank you for being sane.

Source?

Posting history

Today is awards season clearly. One of several brilliant posts I have seen today. Thank you for being sane.

This is a frequent thing with Axl fans. The day before RiR IV, when I met some bandmembers, there were actually other fans badmouthing Slash out of the blue. It's like "since we're all Axl fans, let's badmouth Slash!" WTF? I don't give a flying fuck if Axl hates Slash, Slash makes good music (most of the time), and, oh, Axl likes NIN? Well... They're ok. I don't need to praise 'em. It's like a combo: i'm a hardcore Axl fan therefore:

- I hate Slash

- I love NIN

- Dexter is awesome

- All hail NWA

This is biebermania fanatism.

• Like 2