What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

It baffles me how anyone in his right mind can still support an artist who shows up 1,5 hours late, releases one mediocre album in 20 years, hires an incompetent manager, makes no attempt to connect with even his most loyal fanbase and holds a grudge against someone while that person has made multiple attempts to bury the hatchet.

Yet you still parade him as your avatar and regularly post on mygnrforum.

It's crazy isn't it? I don't know why, but I honestly believe Axl Rose is the only person that could treat any one like crap, or make any feel that they are being treated like crap and people will still flock to see him live and buy his CDs. People KNOW he isn't going on at 9am. However we know people are still making it to the arena for 6PM. People know it's not the original band, but they will happily pay twice the price ticket now than they did for the original band. People know there isn't going to be any GNR news, but people still check every day.

It baffles me and I'm completely guilty. There are far more popular and more active bands than GNR that have a lot less forum activity or facebook following.

Is it not strange how Axl can stop a song half way through cause someone through a beer? He threatens the crowd to leave, and just because he doesn't - everyone cheers and no one thinks anything off it? :lol:

Axl can't do anything wrong.. Because he does everything wrong. The people that come here to complain will buy the new album and I bet they will even go to the next live show in there city.... by 6PM :lol:

True, because the original Guns N' Roses were the definite rockband for me. I only have a couple of albums I enjoy with every listen, like Judas Priest "Painkiller" and Megadeth's "Rust in Peace" and Appetite and the UYI's are right up there for me. I even like a part of NuGuns history until Buckethead left after that it's been just shit after shit after shit, lie after lie.

I'm still here because I really want Axl's artistic legacy to end on a creative high note and it's just painful to see, how after 20 years, he's pissing it away with subpar performances, a half-assed money leeching marketing team and players who don't fit the style of the band at all, musically AND in terms of looks. Sure it was funny to watch the trainwreck unfold one year ago at Bridge School, but it has just been plain embarassing ever since. Even Axl's bandmates don't take him seriously anymore, for example Ron "fuck Axl's band" Thal and that smirk Tommy gave Frank when Axl butchered the lyrics to a song he's been playing every night for HALF OF HIS LIFE.

For me the positive things Slash said after he left outweight the negative and it's just childish how Axl still seems welcome every amendment Slash tries to make with illogical, blind hatred. The past is the past for christ's sake and he acts like Slash murdered a bandmate or something.

Sure, I had some sympathy for Axl and his vision in the past, but it has been obliteraited for me after witnessing the joke of the industry this band has become after only 2 years. Sure, I was willing to believe Slash is a manipulative, deceptive media manipulator because in a way he is, with his dumbed down tweets and subliminal marketing, but it's not half as bad as being just a plain, bitter cunt towards not only your fans and stage crew by showing up late, fat and butcher performances even at a charity event for handicapped children, but also to yourself, by denying everything that made you great just because people disagreed with your tendencies for total control and subsequently and righteously left you out in the cold by leaving.

I tried to accept every kind of fan opinion in the past, but you're simply not a fan of the band if your entrenched so far with your head up Axl's ass that you deny everything Axl is doing wrong and still blame it on Slash, like guys like Volcano etc. The facts speak for themselves, nobody in the industry wants to work with Axl no more. His label ignored him twice. While I truly wish ambitious guys like Ron, Goose and Richard the best, you just can't deny the fact this band has been sub-standard for far too long. Axl's polishing the brass on the Titanic. It's all going down, man.

• Like 1

guys like Volcano and Brainsaber seem to absolutely HATE Slash all because Axl doesn't like him.

Source?

Posting history

There is no reasonable reason for you to hate Slash as much as you do.

On pretty much a daily basis you bash him, his history with GnR, his current career, his personal life, etc.

He has never done anything to you in real life. You think he is a terrible guitar player and you blame him for ruining the successful GnR line-up - so you should be HAPPY that he isn't in GnR anymore. And he doesn't force you to listen to his music (by music I mean the six albums he has released in the same time frame that Axl has released ONE). So you really have NO logical reason to hate him so much, or to go out of your way to insult him on a daily basis. I think Lindsey Lohan is a terrible actress and singer. So I don't watch her movies, buy her albums and I don't go to her fan forums and make 28 posts a day about how terrible I think she is. I just choose to ignore her. Your obsession with Slash is almost as weird as your constant Axl worship.

Today is awards season clearly. One of several brilliant posts I have seen today. Thank you for being sane.

This is a frequent thing with Axl fans. The day before RiR IV, when I met some bandmembers, there were actually other fans badmouthing Slash out of the blue. It's like "since we're all Axl fans, let's badmouth Slash!" WTF? I don't give a flying fuck if Axl hates Slash, Slash makes good music (most of the time), and, oh, Axl likes NIN? Well... They're ok. I don't need to praise 'em. It's like a combo: i'm a hardcore Axl fan therefore:

- I hate Slash

- I love NIN

- Dexter is awesome

- All hail NWA

This is biebermania fanatism.

Funny you should mention people bad mouthing Slash to band members. The current guitarists of Guns N' Roses have nothing but nothing things to say about Slash so it always cracks me up when fans think they'll get somewhere by bad mouthing Slash to them.

LiesTheyTell...........I disagree with about half of what you said, but I enjoyed reading your response. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I would've been curious to read your responses too. I though our discussion was far more interesting than all the other shit around here at the moment. Why did you choose to end it?

I would really like to know how old most of you are, -I am 42 years old and have been a fan of GNR when they were in their prime 1987-1994, and still are of the original lineup plus Matt, AND went to 3 shows during that era and there will never be a concert to beat that and will be a fan till I die, Slash is giving AXL a compliment , wtf is wrong with that? I feel like the ones that were there from the beginning of their success understand better than some of u youngsters. Slash and Axl are the best duo -bar none, I Have never bashed Axl or will I ever , Slash is the my most influental person in my music world and Axl isn't far behind if any! To say SLASH wants to be in a band with AXL is great because that's the way I like it and millions more do too, but to say SLASH wants to be in a band with Pittman, Ashba, Stinson and Bumblefoot Give me a fucking break , you dumbfucks are fucking beyond out of your fucking minds, sorry youngsters I love AXL just like you do, but in the original not this thing called gnr , I am a fan of the GUNS N FUCKING ROSES !!!!!!

I'm 36, and was a huge fan in the late 80's-early 90's..Saw them 3 times on the UYI tour.and 4 times as NEWGNR...and am partial to anything with Axl's rasp on it..whether its old or new GNR..I'm not an Axl or Slash nut swinger..I just want to hear new music..With all that being the case, musically, in concert, the new band in my opinion is far superior to the old..When Axl's voice is on anyway..and yes, I know it's a rarity these days..I'll never understand how you guys. An pick one side or the other in the Axl vs. Slash feud without looking at things objectively..

I'm with Iceman..I'd love to know how old some of you guys are..

guys like Volcano and Brainsaber seem to absolutely HATE Slash all because Axl doesn't like him.

Source?

Posting history

There is no reasonable reason for you to hate Slash as much as you do.

On pretty much a daily basis you bash him, his history with GnR, his current career, his personal life, etc.

He has never done anything to you in real life. You think he is a terrible guitar player and you blame him for ruining the successful GnR line-up - so you should be HAPPY that he isn't in GnR anymore. And he doesn't force you to listen to his music (by music I mean the six albums he has released in the same time frame that Axl has released ONE). So you really have NO logical reason to hate him so much, or to go out of your way to insult him on a daily basis. I think Lindsey Lohan is a terrible actress and singer. So I don't watch her movies, buy her albums and I don't go to her fan forums and make 28 posts a day about how terrible I think she is. I just choose to ignore her. Your obsession with Slash is almost as weird as your constant Axl worship.

Today is awards season clearly. One of several brilliant posts I have seen today. Thank you for being sane.

Thanks man. I know that most of these guys like Volcano and Brainsaber are just trolling to get a rise out of people, but sometimes you have to respond to their ridiculous posts.

LiesTheyTell............I will! Just busy at work today and want to give you an honest response instead of just a quick post.

Thanks man. I know that most of these guys like Volcano and Brainsaber are just trolling to get a rise out of people, but sometimes you have to respond to their ridiculous posts.

LiesTheyTell............I will! Just busy at work today and want to give you an honest response instead of just a quick post.

Please stop mentioning my name repeatedly in thread after thread. I don't do that to you, so kindly return the same courtesy. If you've disagree with something I say, quote it and respond to it. But don't bring my name up over and over. Also, it's sorta creepy how often you mention me in discussions I'm not even involved in.

I made one post in this thread and that was it. One. So there is no need to bring my name up when I had nothing to do with the clusterfuck 'discussion' which transpired afterward. You didn't even respond to the subject matter of my post in this thread, rather you just pointed out how it was "negative", even though Rusty made a "negative" post right before mine (but that apparently didn't bother you so much).

Furthermore, I don't hate Slash, so stop spreading lies about me. Again, you've mentioned me repeatedly in this thread and are apparently speaking on my behalf. Take your obsessive lying elsewhere.

Let me say it again, so you understand: I don't hate Slash. I disagree with how he portrays himself sometimes, but that's not the same thing as hate. Try to understand the nuances of criticism. People criticize Axl all the time and I don't go apeshit and say they hate Axl, like you do. If you disagree with something I say, have the balls to respond to it directly like you just claimed you do, instead of talking shit like a coward and making up lies about me.

Good day, sir.

In fairness, brainsaber is a different animal than volcano. I love my boy volcano, but he is a straight up, crazy as shit Axl nutter. brainsaber is much more capable of rational GNR discussion, although I do suspect his primary motivation at times is to get a rise out of people. But who of us isn't guilty of that now and again?

• Like 1

My post wasn't negative. I was happy to be in the topic before you and your kind started your typical mess.

Like I said, I made one post in the thread. One. And ironically I think your response to it shows it wasn't some horribly negative post. All that transpired afterward- you can't pin that on me. I didn't participate.

Please stop mentioning my name repeatedly in thread after thread. I don't do that to you, so kindly return the same courtesy. If you've disagree with something I say, quote it and respond to it. But don't bring my name up over and over. Also, it's sorta creepy how often you mention me in discussions I'm not even involved in.

I made one post in this thread and that was it. One. So there is no need to bring my name up when I had nothing to do with the clusterfuck 'discussion' which transpired afterward. You didn't even respond to the subject matter of my post in this thread, rather you just pointed out how it was "negative", even though Rusty made a "negative" post right before mine (but that apparently didn't bother you so much).

Brainsaber, srsly.

Brainsaber........thank you for explaining your "rules" for posting.

Brainsaber........if you find it creepy, then put me on ignore and your problem is instantly solved.

Brainsaber.........you started the cluster by being the FIRST person to post a negative message in what should have been a 100% positive topic.

Brainsaber........Rusty made a negative comment solely in response to yours. Normally Rusty keeps thing on the positive level.

Brainsaber.........lol, you take this forum and other people's opinions way too srsly. Obsessive, liar, coward.....I almost love reading your opinions about me as much as I do reading your constant hate-filled posts about Slash.

Brainsaber.........it is fun to watch you freak out and whine and cry. Why you would care what a lying obsessive creepy coward would think about GnR and about your posting style is a little weird, but whatever floats your boat. This is SRSLY SRS business. Whoops! Carry on.

NOW can we leave the immature rants off of here and try and stay ON topic for once!!! Back on topic boys.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Brainsaber, srsly.

Brainsaber........thank you for explaining your "rules" for posting.

Brainsaber........if you find it creepy, then put me on ignore and your problem is instantly solved.

Brainsaber.........you started the cluster by being the FIRST person to post a negative message in what should have been a 100% positive topic.

Brainsaber........Rusty made a negative comment solely in response to yours. Normally Rusty keeps thing on the positive level.

Brainsaber.........lol, you take this forum and other people's opinions way too srsly. Obsessive, liar, coward.....I almost love reading your opinions about me as much as I do reading your constant hate-filled posts about Slash.

Brainsaber.........it is fun to watch you freak out and whine and cry. Why you would care what a lying obsessive creepy coward would think about GnR and about your posting style is a little weird, but whatever floats your boat. This is SRSLY SRS business. Whoops! Carry on.

NOW can we leave the immature rants off of here and try and stay ON topic for once!!! Back on topic boys.

@Groghan

I wish you would've processed what I said more comprehensively, but oh well. At least I tried. All I can ask is that you read it again, but I suppose it's obvious it won't make a difference.

I don't hate Slash. He was an integral part of the band back in the old days, and his sound was one of the defining elements of its sound, along with Adler's drums and Axl's voice (and Izzy's writing). I wish he would've fought for the name, but what's done is done. However, despite that, I acknowledge that he doesn't need the name because he owns a piece of the GnR name in the public consciousness. I may rib Slash and take him to task, but I do not hate him. That is all.

Carry on.

You just knew the haters would find some fault in Slash praising Axl..........and this thread will turn into another Slash vs. Axl pissing match...........

Source?
your overall activity here

I really like that slash put axl up there with lennon and jagger... wonder who the other 2 in his top 5 would be... couldnt he just say top 3? lol

And hell yeah hes just saying what ppl wanna hear... im not hating on the guy but hes seems hypothetical sometimes... hes being honest i guess... just cant help but ask myself (or all you knowledgeable gentleman lol) whens the last time axl said ANYTHING positive about slash?

I think Slash missed the point. Thats not the record Axl set out to make, Its the record Axl made based on who he found to work with. The record Axl wanted to make involved Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and Paul and maybe even one more guitar player? However I think Axl did make a good record, its just not the record he planed to make. Because the players had changed is why the record changed.

I think Slash missed the point. Thats not the record Axl set out to make, Its the record Axl made based on who he found to work with. The record Axl wanted to make involved Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt and Paul and maybe even one more guitar player? However I think Axl did make a good record, its just not the record he planed to make. Because the players had changed is why the record changed.

Yeah, I think Corgan said that CD "showed what axl did in guns". He may not have meant that kindly, but many of us wouldn't necessarily read it that way. Axl took good ideas and made them epic. And CD consisted of the particular set of ideas he had to work with.

Maybe Axl should have made a Guns N'Roses record instead of a "Axl working with Slash, Duff and other guitarists" album ?... ;)

Too much ego killed the band....

Edited by axlfan88

Maybe Axl should have made a Guns N'Roses record instead of a "Axl working with Slash, Duff and other guitarists" album ?... ;)

What I never got from the breakup was what was definitively the reason they couldn't agree. So Axl didn't like 5 O Clock somewhere ideas that Slash brought to the table. Ok, but I'm Slash was also not a big fan of This I Love or the "epic" Chinese Democracy ideas Axl was bringing to the table. Why was there no way they could compromise. It seems all anyone ever talks about is how Axl didn't like what Slash brought. But why does that make him right? Axl wanted Chinese to be a Guns album. Great, but the rest of the band didn't want it. Slash wanted 5 O Clock to be a Guns record, and no one else wanted it. Great, so he went off and made it on his own. Slash wanted to make an album with Axl just as much as Axl wanted to make an album with Slash, they just didn't like the directions they were going at that time. I don't see why no one ever brings up the fact that Slash had just as much right to not like Chinese stuff.

What I never got from the breakup was what was definitively the reason they couldn't agree. So Axl didn't like 5 O Clock somewhere ideas that Slash brought to the table. Ok, but I'm Slash was also not a big fan of This I Love or the "epic" Chinese Democracy ideas Axl was bringing to the table. Why was there no way they could compromise. It seems all anyone ever talks about is how Axl didn't like what Slash brought. But why does that make him right? Axl wanted Chinese to be a Guns album. Great, but the rest of the band didn't want it. Slash wanted 5 O Clock to be a Guns record, and no one else wanted it. Great, so he went off and made it on his own. Slash wanted to make an album with Axl just as much as Axl wanted to make an album with Slash, they just didn't like the directions they were going at that time. I don't see why no one ever brings up the fact that Slash had just as much right to not like Chinese stuff.

Of course Slash had a right to dislike anything else brought to the table. I think the ego answer is probably the most valid. You have a couple of people who've both contributed ideas to gigantic, worldwide hits. I'm certain that they were both convinced their ideas were best and weren't going to back down from them at all.

Because Guns N' Roses the way you knew it to be was over in 1994. They no longer wanted the same thing. I have said this a few times before, if Axl didn't control the name, the band would have broken up. Edited by recklessroad