What Slash said about Chinese Democracy and Axl Rose the singer

Apollo

A breakup would have been the best thing. They would have taken time apart for a while, tried their own directions solo like they should have, and eventually they would have came together with a better respect.

I agree they would have had a much better chance in working it out at some point.

Am I the only one who doesn't care what Slash thinks of Chinese Democracy. All I know is that I love it. Or is this one of those "reunion is right around the corner" threads?

I care more about Slash's opinion on CD than yours...

I'm sure you do. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't care what Slash thinks of Chinese Democracy.

Definitely in the minority. Of course people care what the ex-guitarist of GNR thinks about the record that is considered to be one of the top reasons for the split.

For me, I don't care what Finck thinks about it or even DJ. Especially not enough to obsess over them. naw meen?

Edited by Rustycage

Definitely in the minority. Of course people care what the ex-guitarist of GNR thinks about the record that is considered to be one of the top reasons for the split.

For me, I don't care what Finck thinks about it or even DJ. Especially not enough to obsess over them. naw meen?

No clue actually. Nor do I have any idea what they have to do with the subject.

"Chinese Democracy" is the most interesting GNR have ever done and I fucking applaud Axl for it.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

Finck - ex-guitarist featured on the album. DJ - current guitarist.

You don't understand how their opinions on the album could be relevant? Okkkkk

Finck - ex-guitarist featured on the album. DJ - current guitarist.

You don't understand how their opinions on the album could be relevant? Okkkkk

In a thread specifically about Slash's opinions on the album? No, can't say that I do.

I just wish Slush would stop Myles from desecrating GnR songs repeatedly.

God I feel the same way about Axl! Somebody might want to expand the teleprompter so he can actually see it while he sings...maybe at the next Rock in Rio?

Truth be told, I'd love to hear Robin's honest thoughts on how the album turned out. I was interested in Slash's thoughts initially and forgot that he stated them publicly until this thread came about.

I wan to hear Bucket's
Ask Herbie his sock puppet hes got the pulse on everything Buckethead.
  • Like 1

I dunno... Slash is 80% of the time a pretty cool guy but sometimes he's an asshole. Axl on the other hand is 99% of the time an asshole. I do prefer his music though. Slash is a very political guy. He knows very well that, by saying those things, he's the good guy for everyone. He knows it. And he's not stupid.

Axl says what he wants...slash says what people want.

Didn't Slash say that his kid liked the album...i think i read it somewhere.

Also i remember Duff saying he liked a few songs, but there were some other songs that he has no idea how Axl put them on the album

I'd never heard that about Slash, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Hell, I'd forgotten his overall comments on the album until this thread reminded me lol

Slash said "it was the perfect record for him (Axl)"...I don't think Slash really likes it musically.

Why would he in any manner or way from a critical point of view? Did it really take GNR further down the road? No. No it did not. Secondly it was where AXl wanted to go and his grand experiment is still hotly debated. Remember he invested and was vital in GNR and has a huge stake in its legacy. Dont think for one second that hes on the sidelines facepalming himself over regret and bitterness that he missed the boat by not submitting to Axls version and vision of GNR.