Some Questions

Axl_morris

1). When do you think you started to see the band break apart. Were there moments offstage that you could feel the tension, anything specific you may have witnessed?

2). How did the band cope with coming into a lot of money and fame - it obviously changed there lifestyle, but did it change there personalities?

3). Do you ever wonder if you went to Axl's house, what reception you would receive? Would it be something you would consider or let sleeping dogs lay?

4). If you had to relive one of the many shows you have seen, which one would it be, and why?

5). I've been lucky enough to see Slash live a bunch and of times and I know he is generous enough to come out and sign for fans. Knowing this before hand I searched for a slash poster on the internet, I thought it would be cool for him to sign. I noticed that there are virtually no one selling any posters of slash. Would you ever consider selling your photo's from Reckless Road/Unreleased photo's as posters on your online store?

I started to see the band fall apart in the middle of 1994. Axl didn't want to work with Gilby and Slash didn't want to work with Paul that was the start of it and it kept growing from that point on.

I think they handled Money well. Except for Steven who bought all his friends nice things and then went down the dark path with Drugs. I think the band wasted a lot of money by having too many people on the road with them. I would have liked to have seen them on a tighter ship and in those days the tickets were $25 a pop so there wasn't a lot of extra money to pay for all of that.

I don't think the time is right yet for me to see Axl. There is no way that he could be happy with what I do with my spare time. I'm sure he knows that I am on the internet talking old GNR and you can't have it both ways. You can't be Axl's friend and at the same time do what I do. If there comes a point where he doesn't care about what I do, then we could be friends again. I think he would be upset if he ran into me right now. I'm sure there are many things that I have said that he has head about that he disagrees with and because he really doesn't know both sides, he most likely feels very hurt form it. I hope someday he will be able to see things differently. If not there is really nothing I can do about it. For now I will hold on to the Good memories I have from our friendship. I never thought that it would come to this because of our History. Even though I have seen this happen so many times with other people that he was friends with. Even now when I see a new photo of him in a good mood, it makes me happy to see it. I think if he would see a new photo of me, he would just feel disappointed. What really sucks is I enjoy making people happy with the things that I documented but it does really fuck with me that Axl is not able to enjoy it too. I sometimes try to see it as a good friend that you just lost touch with because they moved away.

I think it would be the Feb 28, 1986 gig at the Troubadour. I have never said this before but I think that was the last one at the Troubadour before they got signed and those old Troubadour gig were always my favorite. I was also so busy taking photos back then, that I wish I could just go back and watch one of those gigs there. I do have video from the gigs after that and it's better then nothing but it's not the same as being there and feeling the energy that was coming off of the stage. I did feel it while taking those photos and it made it even more fun to shoot them because of it. Sometimes the photos will talk to me. I don't get that from the videos. For that reason, sometimes I wish that I only took photos.

We used to have 11x17 posters. I now do really nice 11x14 fine art hand printed and numbered framed photos and do my best to keep them at the fan price. They take over an hour to put together and they are built to last a life time. They are in my Ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Marc-Canter

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, why do you think he didn't want to work with Gilby, yet he chose to work with him as producer for Hollywood Rose, in other words he reconnected with Gilby as the first person from UYI line up?

what are/were Axl's feelings on Matt in the end?

he thought of him highly during UYI tour but seemed to be not so happy about him 2006 or so...?

Marc, why do you think he didn't want to work with Gilby, yet he chose to work with him as producer for Hollywood Rose, in other words he reconnected with Gilby as the first person from UYI line up?

what are/were Axl's feelings on Matt in the end?

he thought of him highly during UYI tour but seemed to be not so happy about him 2006 or so...?

He didn't have a problem with Gilby touring with the band but not writing or recording

Marc, why do you think he didn't want to work with Gilby, yet he chose to work with him as producer for Hollywood Rose, in other words he reconnected with Gilby as the first person from UYI line up?what are/were Axl's feelings on Matt in the end?he thought of him highly during UYI tour but seemed to be not so happy about him 2006 or so...?

He didn't have a problem with Gilby touring with the band but not writing or recording

was that because he didn't think much of Gilby's writing qualities or because he felt duo Slash/Gilby overpowers his artistic direction so he brough in Paul to give him support? ...or maybe because Gilby was leaning more towards Slash/Duff/Matt in every aspect.

he could have kept him in the band without being involved in writing, not that much on UYI's came from Dizzy n Matt...?

Also, who else would have Axl considered to have back other than Slash from UYI line up? Duff I suppose...Matt?