Outside of the forum, have you heard anyone mention Chinese Democracy II?

CoolRanchDressing

None. Ever.

Nobody but us gives a shit whether Axl releases new nu music or not. Unless there's a universal single of some sort that connects to most, nobody cares.

If it ever was released, it probably wouldn't even crack a million worldwide. I already got two literal hundred dollars bets going on that.

That's just how I see the reality of the situation. If he ever did release another album, I'd give it a fair chance through my own ears. I'm not expecting much though.

• Like 1

None. Ever.

Nobody but us gives a shit whether Axl releases new nu music or not. Unless there's a universal single of some sort that connects to most, nobody cares.

If it ever was released, it probably wouldn't even crack a million worldwide. I already got two literal hundred dollars bets going on that.

That's just how I see the reality of the situation. If he ever did release another album, I'd give it a fair chance through my own ears. I'm not expecting much though.

Bingo bongo.

This, like, 50000000%

• Like 1

None. Ever.

It could easily sell a million copies.

To be honnest, yes. A couple of years ago I went to a litte store (not a music store), and a song from CD was playing (don't remember which song), I was surprised, I was too curious so I asked the guy who was working there if it was the radio, he said it was a cd. The guy was listening to Chinese Democracy... it was a shock honnestly...

The classic rock stations here in LA play GNR every day with regularity. But I've never heard them mention CDII once. Could it be that the people demanding 'new music' are an extremely vocal few? If so, maybe it's entirely reasonable for Axl and his family to live their lives without catering to their desires.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

None. Ever.

It could easily sell a million copies.
Not this time. It doesn't have that same mythical mystique that surrounded cd and guaranteed it'd at least sell a significant amount of copies initially. Now it's a matter of whether or not the music attracts even those partial to the rock genre. If it's more in the vain of cd, or doesn't contain at least one song with some universal appeal, it won't even go gold in the states, and probably won't crack a million worldwide until several months, if not years, later.

Not that I believe for a second it will ever see the light of day. Not while Axl's around at least.

The classic rock stations here in LA play GNR every day with regularity. But I've never heard them mention CDII once. Could it be that the people demanding 'new music' are an extremely vocal few? If so, maybe it's entirely reasonable for Axl and his family to live their lives without catering to their desires.

no, because there is nothing going on. if axl went out and did a press release saying a new gnr album was on its way, buzz would start to pick up.

Edited by bran

no, because there is nothing going on. if axl went out and did a press release saying a new gnr album was on its way, buzz would start to pick up.

Except Axl will not make a press release and will not release an album... and even if he did the band is just dead, there wouldn't be a buzz, the time when there was mystique about a new gnr album is no more, people have heard what fake gnr can do and I really doubt people would care much for new music.

When i went to buy CD in HMV. Chi dem intro started up. It was spooky. I actually had to fly to another country to buy it. So CD cost me 800 dollars.

I read about CD II in a magazine once. There was a topic on the official site called what do u expect from CD II that was taken down. Ron said Atlas Shrugged might be on Chi dem 2.

Axl said he saw CD as a double so...

No. Nobody besides GnR fans keep up to date with sort of thing, there's still quite a few people tat say "have they released CD yet?". CD II isn't even confirmed, it was a pipe dream!!! "I always thought of CD as a double album"... key word "thought".

I have read a number of music articles where they said "guns n roses are working on the long anticipated follow up to 08s Chinese democracy according to guitarist DJ Ashba" besides a bit of media attention it's very quiet indeed.

Eddie Trunk said something along the lines that the band should be starting to think abut a new record in one of his recent Bumble interviews.