AFD Reissue (thoughts?)

31illusions

So there are a lot of bands that do special editions these days that include a lot of extras, demos and unreleased material.

Was wondering what you thought a reissue of Appetite would include? What you or the band might choose to be on it?

Edited by 31illusions

a remastered album would be great. as far as bonus content, there's a lot of demos and live cuts floating out around the internet already.

i'd do a 2-disc and a 4-disc version for fans. 2-disc would have:

Disc 1: Appetite remastered

Disc Two: demos remastered (these would include the original acoustic versions of Yesterdaze and November Rain, as well as Don't Cry and all the other demos of songs that ended up on the album)

deluxe edition:

Disc 3: original album in Blu-Ray audio

DIsc 4: live at the Ritz remastered/blu-ray of the concert

• Like 1

a remastered album would be great. as far as bonus content, there's a lot of demos and live cuts floating out around the internet already.

Disc Two: demos remastered (these would include the original acoustic versions of Yesterdaze and November Rain, as well as Don't Cry and all the other demos of songs that ended up on the album)

deluxe edition:

This is essentially what Nirvana did with the reissues of Nevermind and In Utero. It seems to have worked well for them so I think an AFD reissue along these lines would be a great thing for GN'R to do!

EDIT: I do think disc 3 is kinda unneeded, tho. and I feel like disc 4 can include an extra concert from that era like Toledo '88 as well as the videos for Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise, Patience and Easy and heck maybe even a "making of AFD" documentary!

Edited by rocknroll41

I think it would be cool to have a box set that would include remixes. I know Axl always wanted to do a different mix from the end of Paradise City but that was back in 1987. Some cool live recording of the songs when they first played them and maybe Some video and some of the other songs that they were doing at the time but don't hold your breath I don't think it will happen.

deluxe edition:

In a normal world and for a normal band this sound like a great idea. But unfortunately we´re dealing with GN´R and their own world. Their answer to this idea will be something like this.

Steven will request his live perfomances of Don´t Cry, Perfect Crime and anything he might have done to be included with a 20% publishing right, copyrights, royalties and whatever that may come to his mind.

Izzy either wouldn´t give a rat´s ass about any of this. Or he would demand that all material must be available on iTunes only

Slash and Duff are gonna ask their lawyers to block any attempt at any kind of deluxe edition just for the hell of it

Axl won´t move a finger unless DJ is allowed to rerecord all the solos in the album, or just some other of his bullshit ridiculous idiotic insane pathetic ideas he could come up with.

Sorry to be the party pooper but this is the kind of reality we´re facing with GN´R. And the last thing I want is for them to mess with AFD

don't hold your breath I don't think it will happen.

Haha, I would never! :lol: I think Ritz '88 is a given for a DVD. I like to see all the early AFD demos get a proper release. Throw in

Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin' jack flash and Shadow of your love too. At least I can say I have those in my collection already. Well,

everything except The Plague! ......Hint, Hint. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to embrace the old to get his new version over, there will come a time where touring is no longer an option and the old albums aren't selling enough to pay the bills, then and only then will we see remasters... and even with all that i'm still not sure he would release it. Seems he's willing to destroy himself rather than give the others a nod.

I'm happy enough with the original cd though, bands usually re-record vocals and swap out guitar tracks... which, usually ruins what was special about the record in the first place. If it happens, just a simple remastering and not re-recording (unless the old guys come in and do it.. then maybe i can waver on it)