Tom Hardy as Elton John

Val22

Just read in the papers that Tom Hardy, who played Bane in the latest Batman movie and was in Lawless and Warrior, is set to play Elton John in a movie about his life.

Okay, Tom Hardy is so hot and built like a machine and I was a fan of Elton John's from the early 70's and the guy was never built like that.

Tom Hardy also has real tattoos, which I assume they will cover up.

I remember when Elton John first come on the pop music scene, he hid being gay. Little by little he was spotted in gay clubs and eventually he came out.

I have nothing against Elton or anyone else being gay, but I'm not so sure I really want to see Tom Hardy playing gay. anyway, the guy is a very good actor and he seems to like to take diverse roles, so I commend him for taking this on.

Elton has give the thumbs up, so we'll see how it goes when filming begins. I would like to see this movie and hope it turns out well for all involved.

Seriously who would want to see an Elton John movie? Some people just don't deserve a bio pic, he's not that interesting.

Dunno about that.

To be honest Im not too keen on the buttfucking aspect but Elton was a mad pisshead and has done a lot of cool stuff.

Elton John's a fucking legend you daft tart! :rolleyes:

Idk never really was a fan of the dudes music but thats besides the point. Legend or not I find the guys career not that exciting imo, he's not like Kurt Cobain nor Jim Morrison that I feel have something film able. Still I'm not denying that he's a legend in the business but I just don't see the reason to make his life into a film.

I'll watch anything Tom Hardy does.

I agree. He is a wonderful actor. I bet he makes Elton John more interesting.

I like an actor who takes risks with their roles. Tom Hardy is handsome and his body is amazing, but he doesn't want to just do pretty boy roles. Branching out is a sign of a good actor. It works for Johnny Depp.

I will see this movie because I like Tom Hardy's acting and am curious as to how he will play the part.

Idk never really was a fan of the dudes music but thats besides the point. Legend or not I find the guys career not that exciting imo, he's not like Kurt Cobain nor Jim Morrison that I feel have something film able. Still I'm not denying that he's a legend in the business but I just don't see the reason to make his life into a film.

You might want to learn a bit more about Elton John in the late 60s and through most of the 1970s. He was a musical prodigy as a child who's road to fame is anything but ordinary. To say that he didn't have an exciting career is to simply not know his history. Who Elton is now is a faint reflection of who he was during his hey day. The man had a number one album for five straight years in the 70s all the while being heavily coked out of his mind. Add in his issues with his sexual orientation and there is plenty there for a good movie. He is arguably the biggest gay music icon ever. If that isn't deserving of a biopic I'm not sure what is.

I think Hardy will do a great job. Anyone who thinks he's keeping the Bain physique for this movie is a moron. With the proper makeup, hairpiece, and dentures I think he could be a dead ringer for a younger Elton. As much as Timberlake did a great job in the video for "This Train Don't Stop," I'm glad they got someone with some serious acting chops.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

You might want to learn a bit more about Elton John in the late 60s and through most of the 1970s. He was a musical prodigy as a child who's road to fame is anything but ordinary. To say that he didn't have an exciting career is to simply not know his history. Who Elton is now is a faint reflection of who he was during his hey day. The man had a number one album for five straight years in the 70s all the while being heavily coked out of his mind. Add in his issues with his sexual orientation and there is plenty there for a good movie. He is arguably the biggest gay music icon ever. If that isn't deserving of a biopic I'm not sure what is.

I think Hardy will do a great job. Anyone who thinks he's keeping the Bain physique for this movie is a moron. With the proper makeup, hairpiece, and dentures I think he could be a dead ringer for a younger Elton. As much as Timberlake did a great job in the video for "This Train Don't Stop," I'm glad they got someone with some serious acting chops.

Keep in mind the songs were written through Bernie's perspective and apart from TV biographies, hasn't really gone into how he was brought up, the bands and sessions he played with, the fiance he almost killed himself over, to at the height of his success, doing a Skyler White in the pool right in front of his mother. That's not even going into his marriage to his engineer in the 80s, his friendships with Lennon, Versace, Lady Di, Ryan White, George Michael, Freddie, and Bernie, the binge shopping, drug taking, and every other vice he indulged in. He had a pretty fiery temper on and off stage.

• Like 2

Keep in mind the songs were written through Bernie's perspective and apart from TV biographies, hasn't really gone into how he was brought up, the bands and sessions he played with, the fiance he almost killed himself over, to at the height of his success, doing a Skyler White in the pool right in front of his mother. That's not even going into his marriage to his engineer in the 80s, his friendships with Lennon, Versace, Lady Di, Ryan White, George Michael, Freddie, and Bernie, the binge shopping, drug taking, and every other vice he indulged in. He had a pretty fiery temper on and off stage.

People who think Elton's life isn't worth a biopic might be the very same who would enjoy it the most. If you don't know how dramatic his life has been you'll be thoroughly surprised by what you'll see. The man has lived a crazy life. If there's one living legend who probably deserves a biopic (besides Axl of course :) ), it's probably Elton.

Edited by downzy