I am embarrassed for all all of us

volcano62

It´s not about the amount of years in the band. What role Ron, Richard, Frank,etc play in the band besides getting on stage?

They accomplished something the AFD lineup couldn't accomplish - they kept the band going.

And Ron & Tommy both contributed to the only GNR album released over the past 20 years.

AFD lineup WAS a BAND and they acted as one. They've also managed to put out together some of the best rock music ever made.

Make no mistake BBF & pals are just Axl's employees (like Axl likes to use the term) paid to do whatever the fuck Axl feels like doing without complains. Not true? Just cut out the paychecks to Axl's employees and see what kind of band you've got left...

Huh? Are you saying that, say, Slash and Duff wouldn't have remained in GN'R in 1988 if they didn't get their share of the revenues?

Of course people will leave a band if they aren't paid in some form. That doesn't make it less of a band. A band is simply a group of musicians playing together. Current GN'R may not be as great of a band as you might like, and there might be lots to criticise it for, but it is still a band.

Sure it's a band, it's Axl's private band named Gn'R. No problem with that - I actually love this 'Gn'R' as a musical act and will pay my hard earned money anytime I get the chance to see them perform again.

But 'nuGn'R' is a far cry from a 'real' band definition to me: a group of musicians that perform, create music, decide what direction to take musically and creatively always as a group/gang/band...

If Matt sorum was legally recognized as an additional musician, what makes you think Axl considers his current touring lineup to be anything else? Band? Do you think they have an ownership stake in GNR inc? They don't even know if they have new songs or a new album. They have as much say in GNR as the guy in the rat suit does at Chuck E Cheese.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

It´s not about the amount of years in the band. What role Ron, Richard, Frank,etc play in the band besides getting on stage?

They accomplished something the AFD lineup couldn't accomplish - they kept the band going.

And Ron & Tommy both contributed to the only GNR album released over the past 20 years.

They put a lot more than one album together in a lot less than 20 years. Not only that they made history. And all of them made contrubitions not just one or two members. All of them agree to sign with Geffen. All of them agreed about hiring Alan Niven and Mike Clink to work with them. Do we have all of them or it´s one or two people deciding and giving orders now?

I have nothing against Ron and Tommy. I´m not sure I like how things are run

Why are you comparing the AFD lineup with the current lineup? We all know the AFD lineup was better, much more productive, and much more successful.

The point remains, members of the current lineup have accomplishments with GNR and deserve more respect than being called "replacements". Those accomplishments aren't as great as the AFD lineup, but they are accomplishments nonetheless. :shrugs:

Trolling Ron is kinda pointless. It's like giving a hard time to your nice step-mother because your dad is fucking lazy and couldn't care less about you.

Ron has a really good sense of humor so if nothing else, I bet he'd laugh at most of the stuff that was thrown out there.

Pretty much. I am not saying that trolling the chat is the classiest thing one can do but I think BBF knows by now how to handle it all and it ended up being fine.

They put a lot more than one album together in a lot less than 20 years. Not only that they made history. And all of them made contrubitions not just one or two members. All of them agree to sign with Geffen. All of them agreed about hiring Alan Niven and Mike Clink to work with them. Do we have all of them or it´s one or two people deciding and giving orders now?

I have nothing against Ron and Tommy. I´m not sure I like how things are run

Why are you comparing the AFD lineup with the current lineup? We all know the AFD lineup was better, much more productive, and much more successful.

The point remains, members of the current lineup have accomplishments with GNR and deserve more respect than being called "replacements". Those accomplishments aren't as great as the AFD lineup, but they are accomplishments nonetheless. :shrugs:

You're right... Not getting fired by or quitting on Axl after a few years is quite an accomplishment. Not quite the accomplishment that, say, writing one song is, but hey it still counts for something. If they ever make a RnR Hall of Fame for bands who've stayed together the longest despite never writing a song, I'm sure nugnr will at the top of their list. And in sure Axl would be honored to attend. Edited by CoolRanchDressing
  • Like 1

We all know I'm not a fan of slash but I would never go to a chat and insult him. that's the difference between me and the bitter ex-fans.

Oh STFU. How can you to claim to be a Guns N' Roses fan and then say you aren't a fan of Slash. What the fuck are you a fan of then? All the amazing guitar riffs and solos that Axl wrote? GnR fans get dumber by the second. Most pathetic fan base of all time.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

We all know I'm not a fan of slash but I would never go to a chat and insult him. that's the difference between me and the bitter ex-fans.

Oh STFU. How can you to claim to be Guns N' Roses fans and then say they aren't fans of Slash. What the fuck are you a fan of then? All the amazing guitar riffs and solos that Axl wrote? GnR fans get dumber by the second. Most pathetic fan base of all time.

That's not the point Bono...

Volcano is saying that even though he doesn't like Slash (that's his prerogative)

he would show restraint and not go to a chat with him on it and be disrespectful

Can Ron handle it? Sure he can, but it be nice if people showed a guy who is willing to take time off to talk to the fans some respect

• Like 3

I think beta is more a band member than anyone with an instrument these days. She has more creative control than they do

Having creative control has nothing to do with being a band member. It is only about playing together with other musicians.

But 'nuGn'R' is a far cry from a 'real' band definition to me: a group of musicians that perform, create music, decide what direction to take musically and creatively always as a group/gang/band...

I think this definition is a bit romanticized and doesn't lend itself to many of groups out there which we like to consider bands. It is rare that the band structure is egalitarian and it is quite common that some, or one, band member has next to zero input in regards to direction and creatively.

If Matt sorum was legally recognized as an additional musician, what makes you think Axl considers his current touring lineup to be anything else? Band? Do you think they have an ownership stake in GNR inc?

The fact that Axl has numerous times referred to them as a band, and the very definition of 'band'.

No, I don't think they have ownership stakes, but I also don't see how that is relevant since all that is required for them to be a band is to "play together".

Trolling Ron is kinda pointless. It's like giving a hard time to your nice step-mother because your dad is fucking lazy and couldn't care less about you.

Ron has a really good sense of humor so if nothing else, I bet he'd laugh at most of the stuff that was thrown out there.

Pretty much. I am not saying that trolling the chat is the classiest thing one can do but I think BBF knows by now how to handle it all and it ended up being fine.

The problem was all the guys spamming the chat with other things and repeated pasting of inane questions. And no, it didn't end up being fine.

I feel worst for the nightrain members. They paid 50 dollars for shit like this (bad enough as it is) and it gets bombarded with a bunch of bitter old men flooding the chat with questions they know he can't answer, serving only to cupcake and waste time.

Were you doing an age check of everyone who participated?

I missed the chat. Did BBF cry again?

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Was this even that much of an issue? No one had mentioned a thing until volcano's shitfit.

Doesn't sound like it. But at least now we'll have an 86 page thread with Volcano arguing every other fan trying to prove that the current incarnation of guns isn't a cover band, when they pretty much all are.

What are you actually meant to discuss on Guns N' Roses forums, besides, so called 'trolling'?

- The band does not release music

- the band has played the same show for five years

- the band announces DVDs but does not release them.

- the management are incompetent and hate the fans

- the fan club is pathetic.

I am struggling to find positive things to discuss amidst all of that lot.

Exactly. I understand the posts at the top of the discussion and news page by the mods. Yes, I can understand it is difficult, a band is entitled to be criticized, but, this band hasn't done a hell of a lot of anythingto really back them up on. I mean, not saying the band deserves insults but right now they don't even look like a band. I've defended Axl for years but now I feel stupid after the shit team brazil pulls sometimes. I understand the mods want band members to come in here and chat with the fans, and I understand the band members get that they don't want to be attacked, but cmon. Some shit they need to answer for. Telling Frank Ferrer he's no steven adler is just as pointless as telling him he's the best gnr drummer of all time.

It should not be a fans job to support the band blindly like a sheep. They should be able to criticise things which are bad, and praise things which are good.

Exactly. Things aren't great at all right now. And we should act like it is?

I don't think they are under gag orders at this point. It seems once the tour is over theu don't hear anything until the phone rings asking them to be on a flight to the next gig.

Really? can you explain why they never answer questions about what is going with the band then?

Because they don't know.

This. They are in the dark as much as we are.

It should not be a fans job to support the band blindly like a sheep. They should be able to criticise things which are bad, and praise things which are good.

Who says you should?

Other than Jarmo hopefully no one..

Who says you should?

Other than Jarmo hopefully no one..

So it is a moot issue.

Why shouldn't people ask about slash? He's in guns n roses and makes a living playing g slash's music. Would you be happier if people asked him about Miley Cyrus?

Slash quit the band almost 20 years ago....

That makes it even more shameful

No it means the ex-fans are still bitter after almost 20 years.

It must really bother you that GNR has been going on without Slash since 1995.

LOL. That's funny coming from the guy who CANT STOP TALKING about Slash on the forum!!!!!!!!!!

One album and still making a living off the songs that Slash made famous.

It doesn't bother anybody that Axl has kept the cash machine going since 1995.

It bothers people what he has done with it. One album of material. A revolving door of musicians. Cancelled tours. Playing weddings. Team Brazil.....ya, Slash fans are real "bothered" that Slash didn't stick around for all of that.

The only thing people are bothered about is they wish the old band would have stayed together, as that band put out four AMAZING albums in a six year period. That band actually put out more music in ONE year than Axl has put out since 1995. That's what bothers people.

Oh STFU. How can you to claim to be a Guns N' Roses fan and then say you aren't a fan of Slash. What the fuck are you a fan of then? All the amazing guitar riffs and solos that Axl wrote? GnR fans get dumber by the second. Most pathetic fan base of all time.
Maybe because Slah is a self serving compulsive liar? And maybe he, like myself, is more of a fan of the new amazing riffs/solos (the CD era ones)