Would you support Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose?

Bono

If I like the music why not?

I've been listening to "Heroin Diaries Soundtrack" everyday and I don't know who's the singer.

I've been listening to Pink Floyd and I don't know who are the members.

Now my favorite band is Muse and I can't even name one of them.

I'll be sad if newGNR is active without Axl. I could still listen to ChiDem and other Axl's old and new music anyway.

• Like 1

I'd support it if it were the HoF GnR minus Axl. Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven/Matt - fuck yes! But the current lineup without Axl as GnR - no. I might love the music they could make together (or better yet, without Ashba), but it wouldn't be Guns n' Roses in any way. There needs to be a sense of authenticity. The current lineup without Axl would have none of that, despite that I like most of the guys currently in GnR. But to have 4/5 out of the classic lineup...that'd be pulling an AC/DC. And if they could do a Back In Black - fuck yes!

As far as I'm concerned there are 5 people that bring authenticity to the GnR name. And 4 of them aren't in Guns n' Roses and the other one is Axl. 0/5 as GnR would be bullshit.

Edit:

To clarify - IF they'd gotten the name in the 90's instead of Axl that is. I'd have found that plausible. If current GnR would drop the name and the other guys would adopt it, that'd just be weird.

Edited by username

Funny to watch the Worshippers be so obsessed with bashing anything related to Slash. Like that somehow covers up the debacle that is currently GnR.

As for the actual question.

Sure - if they put out music I would check them out. Would probably depend on who the lead singer was though, as the singer's voice really makes or breaks a band for me.

I sure with that Axl and Beta and Fernando would let this current band have their opportunity to create work under the GnR name. These guys have been in the band long and enough and deserve to release a couple albums of their own material.

Absolutely not.

There is no GNR without Axl, regardless of any version of the band.

The current band probably wouldn never record shit together as a unit without Axl. They're all no-name musicians that the public has no interest in.

Axl Rose is in my mind the greatest singer/frontman of al time. Regardless of his behavior at times, he alone is worth the price of the ticket. Not one other member of this current band is. And yes, that is a fact.

As long as they don't call themselves GNR and Ron is on vocals.

Oh god no. Or Ashba on vocals. Maybe Tommy depending but even that's pushing it...yeah, these guys woud straight suck without Axl. That woud be a bigger disaster than half the band attending the HOF

Yeah take Axl out and you get shit like the Hall of Fame Fake GNR

Hahaha. I liked your analogy about it being like the smashing pumpkins with the 3 minus Billy. But that's pretty much what happened.

Well, I think the band could be pretty interesting. However, from what we're hearing it doesn't seem like the band are all that close... I doubt Axl quitting would bring that band together. May I also add that no band can escape the shadow of Axl, once he has anything to do with it, they will forever be known as 'Axls old-band'.

Would the band write some cool stuff? more than likely, Bumble would do a really nice job on vocals too, but it just wouldn't have half the interest that GnR have.

Funny to watch the Worshippers be so obsessed with bashing anything related to Slash. Like that somehow covers up the debacle that is currently GnR.

Sure - if they put out music I would check them out. Would probably depend on who the lead singer was though, as the singer's voice really makes or breaks a band for me.

I sure with that Axl and Beta and Fernando would let this current band have their opportunity to create work under the GnR name. These guys have been in the band long and enough and deserve to release a couple albums of their own material.

God Groghan what the hell happened to you!? It's like it burns deep inside you and I'm being serious -- you can't help yourself! And no amount of 'smilies' covers up the fact that you go out of your way doing exactly the same thing that you acuse others of doing! And that my friend is the point that I think you're missing right there. IMHO.

God Groghan what the hell happened to you!? It's like it burns deep inside you and I'm being serious -- you can't help yourself! And no amount of 'smilies' covers up the fact that you go out of your way doing exactly the same thing that you acuse others of doing! And that my friend is the point that I think you're missing right there. IMHO.

No. Not even close.

You must have missed all the posts where I praise Axl and Chinese Democracy. You must miss the posts where I say I wish that Axl and Beta would record music with this current band, as I think they deserve a chance to release their version of GnR. You must miss the posts where I say that CD is the best rock album of the last decade. Or the ones where I say that Axl STILL has the talent and skills to make GnR the biggest rock band in the world. You must have missed the posts where I say that I wish Axl would let DJ and BBF produce a GnR album.

I praise and give props to Axl and GnR all the time. Even in this post I'm saying something positive about the band. But you missed that point.

For the some reason, lately the mods have been cracking down on people who aren't worshiping Axl all the time and ignoring the posts of guys like Volcano (and others like him) who constantly bring up Slash in a negative way, or they bash people who say something negative about Axl or Beta. You've got no problem with guys like him bringing Slash up in a negative way in every topic.........you've got no problem with him INSULTING the forum and its mods/admin.......you've got no problem with constantly insulting posters who aren't worshiping Axl's every move................but you've got a problem with me?

I get scolded for using the word Nutter, but he calls posters "fucking morons" and bashes the site's Mod team, and starts topics about Slash's role in a man's death just to prove that Slash is a liar..........but sure. I'm the problem.

The reason this site dominates all the other GnR sites is because you guys don't shut down people who aren't worshiping Axl's every move. Odd that you want to move that way though.

But whatever man. I can play along.

How's this?

You guys are right.

Axl and Beta are running this band perfectly.

One album in 15 years is the perfect number.

Slash really is a murder, junkie, liar, scum of the earth cancer

CD, and it's musicians, blow away the band's earlier work by a mile

And man, you guys really need to ban anybody that says something negative about Axl.

And bring back MSL. That dude speaks the truth.

Let's make this forum more like HTGTH. Things have worked out well for them..........

Better?

Dead serious and it's something I've been saying for years. The band is too damn awesome to be doing nothing. It's obvious what's holding them back is Axl and Team Brazil. It's been that way since the beginning. So in some crazy world if this band was allowed to carry on as Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose would you support it? After all these guys have paid their dues right? Some of you feel they should be inducted as GnR so why not let them take the name and actually carry on the legacy seeing as though Axl has no interest in doing it.

I for one would think its asinine that they keep the name BUT I'd be extremely interested in hearing their album. Without Axl I'm sure we'd have an album within 6 months. Obviously it would never work as the general public and media would never accept it. But would you?

It's hard to think about a band name, and imagine the band without it's lead singer. Iron Maiden seemed to manage it. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden, although some of their songs are ok. I once checked out some live songs featuring the new lead singer, and it seemed to work well, very well in infact. Maybe die hard Maiden fans would disagree.

The HOF lineup is the only GnR I would support minus axl - in fact, I like that fakeGnR lineup better than the current fakeGnR lineup

'Hall of Fame Fake GNR' - are you dumb? those are the guys that wrote the classic songs. The same songs Axl now pays a bunch of hired hands to perform live. The Hall of Fame GN'R is GN'R, not the current 2013 bunch of clowns.

Part of me would love to see the current band hijack the Guns N' Roses name and leave Axl and Team Brazil behind. If I knew for sure they could do justice songwriting-wise... Maybe. But i'm sure it'd be way cooker if they just left Axl and the Guns N' Roses name and founded a band of their own.

Honestly -- I don't read anymore than the first line. I promise you I'm not lying or trying to be clever (or indeed trying to fall out with you as we've always got on) but I stand by what I said. Sorry if it offends :)

It's hard to get through the essays at times.

Dead serious and it's something I've been saying for years. The band is too damn awesome to be doing nothing. It's obvious what's holding them back is Axl and Team Brazil. It's been that way since the beginning. So in some crazy world if this band was allowed to carry on as Guns N' Roses without Axl Rose would you support it? After all these guys have paid their dues right? Some of you feel they should be inducted as GnR so why not let them take the name and actually carry on the legacy seeing as though Axl has no interest in doing it.

I for one would think its asinine that they keep the name BUT I'd be extremely interested in hearing their album. Without Axl I'm sure we'd have an album within 6 months. Obviously it would never work as the general public and media would never accept it. But would you?

It's hard to think about a band name, and imagine the band without it's lead singer. Iron Maiden seemed to manage it. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden, although some of their songs are ok. I once checked out some live songs featuring the new lead singer, and it seemed to work well, very well in infact. Maybe die hard Maiden fans would disagree.

The HOF lineup is the only GnR I would support minus axl - in fact, I like that fakeGnR lineup better than the current fakeGnR lineup

'Hall of Fame Fake GNR' - are you dumb? those are the guys that wrote the classic songs. The same songs Axl now pays a bunch of hired hands to perform live. The Hall of Fame GN'R is GN'R, not the current 2013 bunch of clowns.

No, I'm not dumb - was being facetious due to wfuckinga's post calling the HoF lineup fakeGnR - are you?

No, I'm not dumb - was being facetious due to wfuckinga's post calling the HoF lineup fakeGnR - are you?

It was fakeGNR as none of those hooray for tolerance!s that were on the stage are in Guns N' Roses

No

Without Axl there would be no GNR anymore

The band is too damn awesome?

fine. then form another new band but leave the GNR name alone

That was one of the weirdness catastrophes in music history.

That's like D'arcy, James and Jimmy accepting an award for Smashing Pumpkins. Unbelievable.

The whole deabcle gets better with Gilby and Myles :lol:

I actually thought the band sounded pretty good at the HOF, Myles isn't Axl... no way near as good for that style of rock, but the band sounded great, especially grooving on Paradise city.