Are we entering another 2003-2005 period?

Michir

Are we entering another mid-decade period of silence from Axl/GN'R?

From 1993-1999, all was silent. Then from 2003-2005, again all was silent.

Axl seems to operate in a way that mid decade he shuts down...Do you think we're entering another period of silence for the next few years?

There will probably be shows next year but my feeling is that if it takes another period of inactivity for a year or two for Axl to regain his motivation and possibly even share some new music, then I would rather have that. I'm sure there will always be a place in the market for GNR and people will enjoy hearing Axl singing the classics when the show comes around to their area, but - again, my opinion only - is that I really wish he would get that determination again to take a little risk, share some new music, challenge the GNR audience.

Atleast there was a record and new music in 2003-2005. We knew CD was coming eventually, we knew half the songs (riad, silkworms, omg, the blues, maddy, and cd). Right now we have the Going Down leak and the Blood in the Water leak, and still possibly silkworms. None of which, except silkworm, has even been played by the band.... and that was 12 years ago.

This is worse.

Fuck no.

The only difference is that we have a half assed Axl running around with the same 3 year old set list for an effortless buck. Oh and in '03-'05 we knew at least an album was in the making.

We had the same rambling from the employees about the future that we do now.

No Axl>An Axl who clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore

Edited by Bobbo

This is worse.

Fuck no.

The only difference is that we have a half assed Axl running around with the same 3 year old set list for an effortless buck. Oh and in '03-'05 we knew at least an album was in the making.

We had the same rambling from the employees about the future that we do now.

No Axl>An Axl who clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore

That's not the only difference. Back then, we didn't have anything to listen to. No studio material except Oh My God. On top of that, the communication the band had with us was minimal.

It's better to have an album to listen to then to know one is in the making. That is, of course, if you're a fan of Chinese.

It was much worse back then and many people were sure the album will never come out. As hopeless as some people see it now, it's nothing compared to how it was in those years imo.

Also, you don't really know that Axl doesn't give a fuck. Just because he's not talking, doesn't make it impossible for him to prepare something be it another tour or a new release.

In his most recent interviews he expressed some interest in releasing another album in the future. Before that he said he always viewed Chinese as a double. Personally, I don't think he'd just release half of the work.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Same here. I'd be all for seeing GN'R. I've actually got a few friends that have been notorious hold outs who are now asking when they're coming around again. They heard enough positive things about the last time GN'R were in Detroit and they've finally caved and said they want to go.

Are we entering another mid-decade period of silence from Axl/GN'R?

No - Bumblefoot had to reschedule his own solo plans for February. Clearly that was to provide for more GNR touring.

Same here. I'd be all for seeing GN'R. I've actually got a few friends that have been notorious hold outs who are now asking when they're coming around again. They heard enough positive things about the last time GN'R were in Detroit and they've finally caved and said they want to go.

Keep them off Youtube then.

• Like 1