Remember this interview.......seems like a completely different person

Apollo

He was a very tormented person at the time of the interview.

Why he is so happy to talk to the interviewer is because he is just a sports journalist who is only asking silly little basketball questions. He is so happy to answer questions sort of like as no one in particular, a random celebrity caught watching the game in the audience.

you drop a question concerning slash or the new album in there and you would definately see a RADICAL change of mood in the conversation.

I think he had been avoiding the media to avoid questions about Guns n Roses, so when this guy asked him who he was rooting for you see his face light up, and I think that's why you get a humble and calm Axl. He was probably relieved that this guy was so clueless or light hearted in his questions. Either way it's cool that they were able to catch him and get a conversation out of the guy.

This is what more or less what I thought from the moment I saw the interview. Granted, he seems fairly chill the whole thing, but you can tell when the reporter first introduces him as "the lead singer of Guns N' Roses" he seems a little more uptight and less talkative, but as soon as it becomes obvious the conversation will be exclusively about basketball, he seems very chatty and happy.

Man Axl looks so different in that interview if you compare it to the early 90s...He looks like he had some major plastic surgery on his cheeks :shrugs:

Yep. The first time I saw that I just kind kept staring at the screen, moving closer slowly and saying "What....the.....fuck?"

I think part of it is him not dyeing his eyebrows that day. Not denying that he had work done, but one of the groupies said back even in the '80s/'90s Axl would worry about dyeing his eyebrows, and at one of the '09 Asian shows Axl jokes that "Yeah, I dye my pubes, too."

Edited by Amir