Montage of GNR interviews from the 80s (some pretty rare)

Dariablue

Jackamo helped run the official Chris Pitman fansite for Axl.

It's when I watch these things that I almost feel sad that I didn't get to live through all that the first go-round.

Can't get over how much deeper his voice was back then. I think the hard singing over the years actually made his voice higher-pitched? Only thing I can figure. Usually people's voices deepen as they age, not vice versa.

Some I'm sure people have seen before, but a few were new to me so I thought I'd share. There's a part where they're interviewing Robert Williams and I remember some thread here somewhere that people were looking for the clip where Axl talks about his desire to have his girlfriend have an orgasm with someone else.

Goddamn that was awesome. I miss those days.....the 'MTV News' clips and such.....that is the Guns I love! Thanks Daria....

its just not fair.........i would give all my technology and my modern life comfort to just see them play as the original me and my fellow teenagers have been robberd of amuch more forefilling childhood we never got to see anythign like this the people who come on tv are so hard to idolize and its just wired to live in the past rock conerts arent the same as my parents recall what they used to be its just blaaahhh

They were incredible. Amazing they're all still alive and all still either making music or capable of it. We can only continue to hope they come back together one day.

It's hard to describe the FEELING that GN'R created back in the day. A gang of cool outlaws living on the edge. Their arrogance, confidence, angst, rebellion and underlying vulnerability was captivating and inspiring.

GN'R!!

That's a performance from one of the interviews posted above. He's wearing the same thing and you can see West in the clip. I've seen the performance video, as most have, but some of the interview snippets were new.

Edited by Dariablue

That's a performance from one of the interviews posted above. He's wearing the same thing and you can see West in the clip. I've seen the performance video, as most have, but some of the interview snippets were new.

Yes, there's also this snippet with him talking about taking his dog on tour and some other stuff. God, I recorded all those interviews and clips back in the day. :D Call me obsessed, I don't care. But I wish there was a way to get hold of the complete interviews.

Edited by aranrod

I've seen the one about him taking about Torque. Do you still have them somewhere? You should upload them on YT and see if you have any rare stuff.

Yes, I still got all of the old stuff. I got over a 100 VHS tapes with shows and interviews and about 75 dvd's,I think. I simply don't have enough time to sort it all out. And converting to YouTube also means loss in quality. I did it a few times, but I found it disappointing.