Zakk Wylde

Chainsforalice

They both Agreed but the lawyers took too long organising everything Axl & Zakk said fuck it. This was 93-95 i'm pretty sure, but hey we got to see BLS open & play with GNR recently.

Where did you read that? I read an interview with him that he left because all they did was jam but it never went anywhere so he left.

Anyway here is a good article on what Zakk thinks it would have sounded like.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/zakk-guns-and-roses-0105-2012.aspx

I'd take Zakk over any of the current guitar players if Axl was going to make an album. If you listen to his playing on No More Tears it is actually quite similar to Slash's on Estranged.

This.

I´m an Ozzy fan and Zakk is amazing on that album. The ideal situation is Slash but if I´m forced to replace him with somebody that would be Zakk. Just heard him play live with GN´R in Indianapolis 2011. His solo in Whole Lotta Rosie just flows smoothy. It came so natural. That was one of the hilights of that show

i guess my concern would have been that zakk is more metal than blues-based and the appeal of gn'r, for me, was always that earthy, bluesy rock n' roll vibe. it may have been an interesting experiment but, ultimately, probably nothing substantial enough to merit him staying with the group

Hard to say what the songs would have been - There Was a Time, Prostitute, IRS and This I Love probably would have still happened, maybe Catcher in the Rye. Assuming Pitman was going to be in the band anyway, trying to think of what Zakk's reaction to Silkworms would have been like, let alone Slash's.

Zakk's playing has become less and less tasteful as he gets older, it's like he is de-evolving :blink:

That's true and sad. I wish he'd do something like "Book of Shadows" again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YI0W52C3Y

Lyrics:
En gha nah taaaaam, le ma neee blue cha waall maaah
lawdaghada faain ma hooooo
mamma trada rallin hooooneee
oh yeaaaah eh haaaa
oh ma hoooooooneee
oh yeaaaah eh haaaa
lawdaghada faain ma hooooo
i neda lavan woman
Edited by Schwarzgold

I'd take Zakk over any of the current guitar players if Axl was going to make an album. If you listen to his playing on No More Tears it is actually quite similar to Slash's on Estranged.

This.

I´m an Ozzy fan and Zakk is amazing on that album. The ideal situation is Slash but if I´m forced to replace him with somebody that would be Zakk. Just heard him play live with GN´R in Indianapolis 2011. His solo in Whole Lotta Rosie just flows smoothy. It came so natural. That was one of the hilights of that show

But as he said, the song is one of those that everyone kind of knows when they play with bands, it's a "goto" like "Train Kept a Rollin".

dalsh:

It would end in tears though, just like the rest.

Im an Ozzy fan too and love his work on No Rest, No More Tears and Ozzmosis but geez what happened?

Didn't like Black Rain? Down To Earth was a bunch of songs Ozzy had sitting around. That also goes into "what happened to Ozzy"...

I seem to remember Axl saying something like Slash/Zakk playing together(auditioning) just sounded like 'noise'. Both playing over each other, no give and take. They are both lead guitar players who are used to playing lead all the time.

I seem to remember Axl saying something like Slash/Zakk playing together(auditioning) just sounded like 'noise'. Both playing over each other, no give and take. They are both lead guitar players who are used to playing lead all the time.

I thought he said it sounded great?

I think Slash said it was a bit like Judas Priest with the twin guitar attack?

All the solos would sound the same.

lol yeah sure would. lol I don't think he and Axl would get along. Besides I heard he doesn't shower for days! I don't think the rest of the band would want a stinky member in close quarters or on stage.

How do you think Guns N Roses would of sounded if Zakk managed to join the band ? Pretty sure most of you guys know why it didn't happen. Stupid lawyers.

Well for one there would be an unnecessary amount of pinch harmonics in the guitar parts :thumbsup: