Is Axl recognizable to the USA public still?

G'day Marc, just wondering on how far Axl has dissapeared out of the general USA public's eye and consciousness in the last two decades. If he was to walk around Malibu or Santa Monica for example, or even walked down Sunset during any given day or night - would anyone recognise him these days? Would many people actual care to stop him? It would be strange for him to not be hassled in some ways as opposed to the late 80's or early 90's when he probably couldnt go anywhere in America without being noticed and mobbed. Do you think that his declining fame would be hard for him to take? Just curious...

Cheers, Scott

I think the media is by far a lot more obssesed with celebrities than the general public. People may recognize somebody. But it doesn´t necessarilly mean that they are gonna jump all over that person for picture or an autograph. That´s in the U.S. However in other places of the world it could be different.

Maintaining a low profile isn't really that hard in a sprawling city and there's a lot of getaway places in California where no one bothers someone high profile.

Paparazzi isn't "the media" but when you look at that clip of the guy taunting Slash, that's kind of when the TMZ shit started happening, and I blame Sean Penn on that.

Maintaining a low profile isn't really that hard in a sprawling city and there's a lot of getaway places in California where no one bothers someone high profile.

Paparazzi isn't "the media" but when you look at that clip of the guy taunting Slash, that's kind of when the TMZ shit started happening, and I blame Sean Penn on that.

Paparazzi sale pictures to magazines, tabbloid papers and gossip t.v. shows. Why does CNN care about so much a royal baby or things like that?

I think the media is by far a lot more obssesed with celebrities than the general public. People may recognize somebody. But it doesn´t necessarilly mean that they are gonna jump all over that person for picture or an autograph. That´s in the U.S. However in other places of the world it could be different.

Who do you think buys the magazine and traffics the websites? It wouldn't exist unless there's a market for it. Simple supply and demand.