Best Song Axl has covered ??

Chainsforalice

You mean GNR ?

I can't decide between Ain't it Fun and Black Leather. Sympathy For The Devil is an awesome cover, whatever context it was recorded in.

I thought that at first about the GN'R/Axl thing, but then Axl has done stuff on his own like the Come Together thing OP mentioned and We Will Rock You at the Freddie Tribute.

In any case, I think you're dead on with Sympathy.

I thought Axl's small part in Bohemian Rhapsody at the Freddie tribute was unreal! When he came out when the pyro went off that guy had the world by the balls. the song si classic to begin with but you could just see it. He was in that moment a rock god among rock gods. I always wished he/Guns had done a studio cover of that song.

I've always liked Live and Let Die but I think I like Black Leather, Sympathy and Human being as far as covers go.

• Like 2

Sailing

You mean GNR ?
I can't decide between Ain't it Fun and Black Leather. Sympathy For The Devil is an awesome cover, whatever context it was recorded in.

I thought that at first about the GN'R/Axl thing, but then Axl has done stuff on his own like the Come Together thing OP mentioned and We Will Rock You at the Freddie Tribute.

Did you end up getting that Bluray ?

I thought Axl's small part in Bohemian Rhapsody at the Freddie tribute was unreal! When he came out when the pyro went off that guy had the world by the balls. the song si classic to begin with but you could just see it. He was in that moment a rock god among rock gods. I always wished he/Guns had done a studio cover of that song.

I've always liked Live and Let Die but I think I like Black Leather, Sympathy and Human being as far as covers go.

Could. Not. Agree. More. about that Bohemian performance.

Sailing

You mean GNR ?

Did you end up getting that Bluray ?

Hell yes I did. It finally came out a few weeks ago in the US.

This, and I thought his We Will Rock You was great as well, though his timing at the beginning was a bit awkward. I'd like to think in some parallel universe where Axl decided not to continue with Guns that he was chosen instead of Paul Rodgers to tour with Queen.

Human Being is underrated, he sang the shit outta that song.

Bohemian Rhapsody at the FM Tribute was pretty damn powerful, coupled with his stage presence made it one of my all time favourite live performances.

Sailing is a nice song I wouldn't have thought his voice would suit, in that context it was pretty good.

PS 'I Don't Care About You' is also pretty damn good, I thought it was someone else when I first heard it as I'd never heard him do a raspy\shouting performance in his Lower-Register. Powerful as fuck, don't know why he never found an outlet for that voice on a Guns song.

Edited by rainman_1985
  • Like 1

I love it. Axl's voice gives a new approach to the song. Reminds me of an old radio interview of Axl and Slash by the time TSI? came out or was going to come out (Rockline was the show I still have it on cassete tape!) where Axl said he wanted to do a cover of "Dead on Time" but they couldn't do it at the same caliber of Queen and then they gave up.

I love it. Axl's voice gives a new approach to the song. Reminds me of an old radio interview of Axl and Slash by the time TSI? came out or was going to come out (Rockline was the show I still have it on cassete tape!) where Axl said he wanted to do a cover of "Dead on Time" but they couldn't do it at the same caliber of Queen and then they gave up.

I was just reading that interview earlier this afternoon! Was gonna make a thread on it because there's loads of cool stuff:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=53899

Axl: Actually "Estranged" isn't'¦ in some ways a part of the trilogy. It's more like part four. Part three was a mutual self-destruction of the couple that was in "November Rain". And'¦ well, someone had other plans and we were in a position, where something we had worked on for five years had to be rewritten to kinda transcend it. So, it's a video about transcendence of a real life situation, that didn't have a whole lot to do with the story that was intended. And actually I'm kinda glad we made this video instead of the one we were going to make. To know about the story that was in "November Rain", you have to wait on Del's book.

Surprised that isn't brought up more often.

Axl: We've been working on a book since we started as Guns N' Roses, with Del James. We've been doing interviews for this book for a very, very long time, to try to get an accurate picture with all our own personal mistakes and our own personal nightmares. And actually it's very exposing. But, we wanna show, like, an accurate picture of who we are and where we've been. It's not necessarily favorable for us in some places. It's a lot of times: "I said that? What an idiot! I can't believe I said that." But we're gonna put it all out.

And finally...

Axl: Yo, Beta.