Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?

Guest NGOG

Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If he were to phone me for some strange reason, I would tell him to hire me.

Fire them, hire me.

New album, get rid of DJ, bring back Bucket, ditch the record label and produce the music independently, make bumblefoot my assistant, considering he's probably the most level headed band member.

Also, stop the stupid nightrain promotion. No more towels, dryers, or DJ chats. Make forums pay a small fee to get axl to chat.

I voted no only because I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to give advice on managing a rock band.

1. Don't use social media to insult your fans.

2. Don't announce on social media that you had a 3 hour meeting as if it's a lot.

3. Don't announce a time slot on social media in which you may or may not reveal a date on which you'll announce a plan on you will go about announcing information.

See, I'm already doing better than those guys.

I tip my hat to you sir, well played. I guess I do know more about it than I thought. :rofl-lol:

The sad.....or funny thing........is that there are people on the forum that think Team Brazil is doing a great job!!!

If a group of Brazilian maids can manage one of the worlds biggest rock bands starring the worlds biggest egomaniac, then anyone on this forum could.

This is another fake account run by wfuckinga (admin on IzzysArmy). He calls it "parody" and send out dumbass tweets such as:-

@Slash @Engineer_Jim Last 2 records weren't just analog, they were shit

I had no intention of bumping the Izzy thread, since wfuckinga publically admitted he was responsible for setting up the fake Izzy accounts on Twitter etc, but since others are now being mislead by his fake Beta account I'll throw up the link again just so that everyone is aware:- http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202836-izzy/

2eao1o8.jpg

^ Source: thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1177

Not content with pretending to be Izzy, wfuckinga now pretends to be Beta.

Edited by downliner

Yeah I run the @ItsBetaLebeis account. It's not meant to be taken seriously, at all. HV knows I kept that open. I've said I ran it before.

How could it be taken seriously, at all :lol:

tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo1_1280.jpg
(got me blocked by Pitman actually)
tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo3_1280.jpg

I also said so on the forum on the main page earlier tonight (on Gracii's status update) and I said it back in September at http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202024-fake-paulhuge-account-on-twitter/?p=3534761

Downliner, I don't think anybody is seriously being mislead by that page. It's nothing more than a joke. It's like @PaulHuge or the Fermanager account on there. Not sure who does those 2 (If Paul's person is reading this: You're fucking hilarious), but they're nothing more than joke pages.

Besides, just read the bio.

@axlrose is my bitch. I am Guns N' Roses. BetaSwag™ coming soon. Chinese Democracy II coming soon. Appetite For Democracy film coming soon.

This is another fake account run by wfuckinga (admin on IzzysArmy). He calls it "parody" and send out dumbass tweets such as:-

@Slash @Engineer_Jim Last 2 records weren't just analog, they were shit

I had no intention of bumping the Izzy thread, since wfuckinga publically admitted he was responsible for setting up the fake Izzy accounts on Twitter etc, but since others are now being mislead by his fake Beta account I'll throw up the link again just so that everyone is aware:- http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202836-izzy/

2eao1o8.jpg

^ Source: thegnrforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1177

Not content with pretending to be Izzy, wfuckinga now pretends to be Beta.

I think this person should be banned. He is a major discredit to the community you're hoping to build.

• Like 1

I voted no only because I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to give advice on managing a rock band.

1. Don't use social media to insult your fans.2. Don't announce on social media that you had a 3 hour meeting as if it's a lot.3. Don't announce a time slot on social media in which you may or may not reveal a date on which you'll announce a plan on how you will go about announcing information.See, I'm already doing better than those guys.

Dude I lol'd

1. Don't use social media to insult your fans.2. Don't announce on social media that you had a 3 hour meeting as if it's a lot.3. Don't announce a time slot on social media in which you may or may not reveal a date on which you'll announce a plan on how you will go about announcing information.See, I'm already doing better than those guys.

Dude I lol'd

It's actually pretty pathetic that we have those things to joke about

A world class band deserves a world class managment scheme. Puttering along like GNR has for what ever reason it has boils down to either "yes men" managment or completely incompetent.

As I see team Brazil.. they are figureheads. They dont have the leverage or the umph to fire Axls ass up and get this organization back to relevant or important again. Last people you want managing your career are friends and family. You need someone that absolutely provokes you to get out of the comfort zone. There doesnt have to be love and peace with a manager...a manager is an oppourtunist that directs and leverages teh best possible deals for the artist.

Funny how people say that former managers tried to con Axl into a reunion. Well, maybe that's because that's what most of the world wants. And the manager that actually got Chinese Democracy out (Azoff) was sued by Axl. I think Axl needs someone who can push him, give him a chip on his shoulder, make him want to show the world he's still got it. Because with Team Brazil, he's not going to get that. He's going to be praised with whatever he does because there's no way they want to piss off Axl. So, were stuck in a very difficult situation regarding new material because if Axl doesn't want to release new music, or tour, or promote, or even do an interview, no one with tell him otherwise. There's no way Beta or Fernando are going to tell him he has to release a record. Especially after the whole "complaints, complaints, complaints." They don't care about us, they only care about pleasing Axl and making him feel like he's the King. His "band mates" won't say anything against him in fear of being fired, and Team Brazil won't push him to want to release new music because they think us (the fans) are the enemy.

Would I get rid of Team Brazil, the answer is yes. Not because their bad people, but because I don't think their doing a good job so far. I would want someone who has the business sense and a good history at managing a rock band like Guns N' Roses. I would want someone to manage them that would not be afraid of Axl, that would be level-headed with him, but wouldn't cower away from him. We all know Axl's crazy, and we all know how he want's everything to be his way. But, it's a rock band, and you should be putting out music for the fans and trying to be the very best you can be. The fans aren't the enemy, there wouldn't be any Guns N' Roses anymore without the fans. The longer Team Brazil manage the band, the further they may fall. This isn't supposed to be a nostalgia band like Motley Crue or Def Leppard, this was supposed to be a new band moving GN'R into a new generation with new music. Now, we can only hope to get a new album, because it's obvious Axl's heart isn't in it anymore, and the bandmembers are getting frustrated, and Team Brazil isn't helping with their nonsensical bashing of the fans.

Yeah I run the @ItsBetaLebeis account. It's not meant to be taken seriously, at all. HV knows I kept that open. I've said I ran it before.

How could it be taken seriously, at all :lol:

tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo1_1280.jpg

(got me blocked by Pitman actually)

tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvyypqGWKb1rliddzo3_1280.jpg

I also said so on the forum on the main page earlier tonight (on Gracii's status update) and I said it back in September at http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202024-fake-paulhuge-account-on-twitter/?p=3534761

Downliner, I don't think anybody is seriously being mislead by that page. It's nothing more than a joke. It's like @PaulHuge or the Fermanager account on there. Not sure who does those 2 (If Paul's person is reading this: You're fucking hilarious), but they're nothing more than joke pages.

Besides, just read the bio.

@axlrose is my bitch. I am Guns N' Roses. BetaSwag™ coming soon. Chinese Democracy II coming soon. Appetite For Democracy film coming soon.

This still seems wrong though. Some people who don't come around here might not now and that would be dragging her name through the mud. And there's no reason to do that, because she has no problem at all making herself look like an idiot.

But yeah, still wrong and maybe even against some sort of law.

Lol it isn't against the law and there are parody accounts all over Twitter/the internet.

As for the question at hand, no I probably wouldn't fire them only because it wouldn't change anything. They haven't done a better job than previous managers but they haven't done a worse one either. The problem isn't the managers. It's Axel.

• Like 1

I think Dougie was really just doing what Axl wanted. Only Niven really seems to be a real manager.

This.

I couldn´t agree more. Alan got them to do Live Like Suicide. With that alone he got them to do their first UK tour. He was really good maketing the band. Then AFD and tours with the band as opening act for big names bands/artist at that time. He would push the band to get things done rather quikly. Lies in 1988, the albums at the top of the charts.

I think Dougie was really just doing what Axl wanted. Only Niven really seems to be a real manager.

This.

I couldn´t agree more. Alan got them to do Live Like Suicide. With that alone he got them to do their first UK tour. He was really good maketing the band. Then AFD and tours with the band as opening act for big names bands/artist at that time. He would push the band to get things done rather quikly. Lies in 1988, the albums at the top of the charts.

He also had vision of the band.he had a certain way of doing things. I guess it's different once your a big band. Maybe it's easier so you don't need a manager to fight for you.

This.

He also had vision of the band.he had a certain way of doing things. I guess it's different once your a big band. Maybe it's easier so you don't need a manager to fight for you.

Alan renegotiated their contract with Geffen making them the highest paid artist of the label. He got them to go to RIR 1991 and to promote the up coming UYI. They had warm up shows in the U.S. before the tour officially started. He created a great deal of buzz before the albums were realesed. I think the band was not fair with Alan. And Axl didn´t want Alan to push him and to get things done the right way. Things needed to be done Axl´s way. For me clearly there is a before and after. Things were one way with Alan around and things went down the toillette after he was gone