Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?

Guest NGOG

Would you sack Team Brazil as the managers of GNR?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Funny how when you abuse people, they become stand-offish. I have not had direct contact with them, but I know Beta was a high level executive assistant before immigrating and agreeing to help out Stephanie. To have people constantly throwing insults about changing nappies and other demeaning comments isn't going to invoke warm and fuzzy, just cold and prickly. You get back what you dish.

The manager of a multi-million dollar corporation/performer doesn't need to either micro-manage or be the one sending out posters and t-shirts to fans, and incompetence at that level has absolutely no bearing on the ability to 'wrangle' your star, keep the other artistic personalities happy (bandmembers), oversee crews and negotiate deals. I honestly don't know how good she is at the latter, I suspect she's an extension of Axl, supplying the 'unconditional support' thing, which isn't good, but she still seems to be enough of a buffer to keep the most of the works from imploding. (I don't think anybody could have kept the label engaged).

Axl is not a normal situation. When you have a handler who is literally keeping him alive and at least somewhat even-keeled (for Axl), the last thing to worry about is the ability to mail a beach towel to a fan.

• Like 1

Funny how when you abuse people, they become stand-offish. I have not had direct contact with them, but I know Beta was a high level executive assistant before immigrating and agreeing to help out Stephanie. To have people constantly throwing insults about changing nappies and other demeaning comments isn't going to invoke warm and fuzzy, just cold and prickly. You get back what you dish.

The manager of a multi-million dollar corporation/performer doesn't need to either micro-manage or be the one sending out posters and t-shirts to fans, and incompetence at that level has absolutely no bearing on the ability to 'wrangle' your star, keep the other artistic personalities happy (bandmembers), oversee crews and negotiate deals. I honestly don't know how good she is at the latter, I suspect she's an extension of Axl, supplying the 'unconditional support' thing, which isn't good, but she still seems to be enough of a buffer to keep the most of the works from imploding. (I don't think anybody could have kept the label engaged).

Axl is not a normal situation. When you have a handler who is literally keeping him alive and at least somewhat even-keeled (for Axl), the last thing to worry about is the ability to mail a beach towel to a fan.

I agree but seems Fernando was in charge of the signed poster

Failing to deliver a signed poster wont annoy many just a handful of the die hard fans that actually paid to be members of the Nightrain

I understand that the important things should be a priority but I also think the small things shouldn't be ignored

Saying that the Nightrain website has improved recently so that's a positive

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Failing to deliver a signed poster wont annoy many just a handful of the die hard fans that actually paid to be members of the Nightrain

I understand that the important things should be a priority but I also think the small things shouldn't be ignored

I agree with you there. Was the poster already signed? I wasn't really following it. He can give somebody $20 to do it for him. If he's slack about mailing it, that's one thing (sadly common in this business), but if he's still gathering signatures, that's a whole other level. That is not as easy as it sounds.

I agree with you there. Was the poster already signed? I wasn't really following it. He can give somebody $20 to do it for him. If he's slack about mailing it, that's one thing (sadly common in this business), but if he's still gathering signatures, that's a whole other level. That is not as easy as it sounds.

No.

I respectfully disagree with this and your earlier rant.

If managing the music side of the band, if managing something as simple as sending out an autographed poster, and if her skin is SO thin that a few insults from anonymous people online ..if all that is TOO much for her and her children, then they shouldn't be managing the band.

Hard to get a member of the band (whom I think he LIVES with) to sign a poster? Are you kidding me?

"Axl, can you sign this poster? A fan won it on the paid membership forum that we run for GnR. Here is the poster and pen."

"Sure, dude."

"Thanks man, this is gonna be the highlight of the month for one of your fans."

"Awesome. What's the winner's name? I'll personalize my message."

"Thanks Axl. His name is Volcano. I'll put this in the mail tomorrow."

"Good deal. Wanna bbq some steaks tonight?"

That's a 30 second interaction.

Be Axl's personal assistant. Organize his finances. Run his personal life. Do it all.

But don't sign up to be the band's management team and then not be able to handle the simple details and get mad and whine and cry because people complain about you.

Beta's story should be a WONDERFUL one. TV movie type stuff. A top selling book. We should be celebrating her career - from where she started to where she ended up. But the reason she gets bashed isn't because of bitter GnR fans. She gets bashed because they treat the fans like crap and they've done a lousy job managing the band. And if she can't take it, she should get another job. As highly qualified as some of you think she is, The Family should have no problem taking on other high ranking bands. Maybe the Stones or U2 or Metallica would take them on.

Edited by Groghan

If Beta is fully occupied with managing Axl at a personal level, why did she demand the role of GNR manager?

That doesn't make logical sense. If you are already weighed down by a position, why issue an ultimatum for another?

TB have been the key support for Axl on a personal level for many years. Now they also manage all the business affairs for guns.

I think this situation has the potential to end in complete disaster. And it could be a much bigger disaster than even the most resentful of us would ever want.

I think Fernando is a cool guy and I've met them all and they are lovely but things shouldn't be that hard for simple things

I can see improvements on the Nightrain with the new package, new contests etc so that's a good sign

Who's to say any other manager would work any better with Axl?

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

As I ALWAYS say, it's very difficult for people to understand the Axl dynamic. Signing a poster is NOT easy. Nothing is easy. He may off on a high in a different country/city and not in the space to deal with it or he could be locked up in his house not talking to anyone and not in the space to deal with it. You have pretty narrow parameters here. The poster is somewhere in a HUGE pile of contracts, lawsuits, correspondence, you name it, that's begging for attention.

This is a guy who went months and months without talking to his past managers. He went years without talking to most of his friends and his original family. And not out of anger or old grudges, just because he wasn't in 'that space'. You're looking for a fight (and to be fired) if you try.

And the Beta comments are still demeaning. You're acting like she was some poor person who had a chance at the American Dream. She was a sophisticated, well-off professional who hit a bump in the road with the end of a long term relationship and left Brazil (which is NOT a third world country). She remarried into Seymour's family, Stephanie needed an assistant, Beta took the job and opted to stay as Axl's assistant after her divorce from the Seymour clan. It morphed into the adoption thing, which I'm sure was Axl's idea, but it cemented enough faux parental respect for her to be effective. You can't fire your mother. At least not easily. (He did 'fire' the original). Things much better with Team Brazil than without.

(PS: I'm still waiting for an 'Eddie' mask from Iron Maiden, it's 10 years late, but that's rock n' roll).

No.

I respectfully disagree with this and your earlier rant.

If managing the music side of the band, if managing something as simple as sending out an autographed poster, and if her skin is SO thin that a few insults from anonymous people online ..if all that is TOO much for her and her children, then they shouldn't be managing the band.

Hard to get a member of the band (whom I think he LIVES with) to sign a poster? Are you kidding me?

"Axl, can you sign this poster? A fan won it on the paid membership forum that we run for GnR. Here is the poster and pen."

"Sure, dude."

"Thanks man, this is gonna be the highlight of the month for one of your fans."

"Awesome. What's the winner's name? I'll personalize my message."

"Thanks Axl. His name is Volcano. I'll put this in the mail tomorrow."

"Good deal. Wanna bbq some steaks tonight?"

That's a 30 second interaction.

Be Axl's personal assistant. Organize his finances. Run his personal life. Do it all.

But don't sign up to be the band's management team and then not be able to handle the simple details and get mad and whine and cry because people complain about you.

Beta's story should be a WONDERFUL one. TV movie type stuff. A top selling book. We should be celebrating her career - from where she started to where she ended up. But the reason she gets bashed isn't because of bitter GnR fans. She gets bashed because they treat the fans like crap and they've done a lousy job managing the band. And if she can't take it, she should get another job. As highly qualified as some of you think she is, The Family should have no problem taking on other high ranking bands. Maybe the Stones or U2 or Metallica would take them on.

I believe he sent it to the wrong address and it was most likely lost somewhere in Crotia but everyone makes mistakes in their jobs even I do occasionally but it shouldn't be such a problem to get another signed poster from the band.

I just assume none of them want to ask Axl to sign anything :lol:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou