What is the Greatest Guns N' Roses' Song?

Zanedog

I dig Night Train...that tells a story...Hell its hard to say because AFD is so full of" greats" Pity the fools that think Paradise City is 80's hair metal...some body get them a history lesson and some q tips to clean out thier ears because that song like every song on AFD was what was right about GNR and the late 80's ... definately GNR were not in any way a hair metal band. Poison, Winger, Ratt, Motley Crue and even Nelson etc they were hair metal/glam....

What's the difference between Paradise City and say, Kickstart My Heart?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Paradise City is by Guns and Roses and Kickstart My Heart is by Motley Crue for the obvious ...Both great bands from the only true era of great american hedonistic fun rock and roll...none of that cheesy and uberdepressing i want to cut my wrists or suck on a shotgunbarrel shit that say umm NIN, Nirvana and the restof the 90's and 2000's played at..pizza deliveryboys in flannel or whatever Trent was gurgling at...

second both are good tunes that anybody with taste and style can appreciate ...but the lyrics to PC are vastly superior to KSMH . The music to Paradise is better in composition and tone as well as the vocal approach. As far as rock tunes go..PC has it where it counts including cowbells and a whistle. Kickstart my heart is a song about Nikki Sixx's OD on heroin while PC is a snap shot of Hollywood.

Its funny though how some people out there on this forum refer to "hair metal" like it was a bad thing. Many of you probably owe your very conceptions to great drugs, beer and hair metal as the only reason your daddy got laid.

• Like 1

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Paradise City is by Guns and Roses and Kickstart My Heart is by Motley Crue for the obvious ...Both great bands from the only true era of great american hedonistic fun rock and roll...none of that cheesy and uberdepressing i want to cut my wrists or suck on a shotgunbarrel shit that say umm NIN, Nirvana and the restof the 90's and 2000's played at..pizza deliveryboys in flannel or whatever Trent was gurgling at...

second both are good tunes that anybody with taste and style can appreciate ...but the lyrics to PC are vastly superior to KSMH . The music to Paradise is better in composition and tone as well as the vocal approach. As far as rock tunes go..PC has it where it counts including cowbells and a whistle. Kickstart my heart is a song about Nikki Sixx's OD on heroin while PC is a snap shot of Hollywood.

Its funny though how some people out there on this forum refer to "hair metal" like it was a bad thing. Many of you probably owe your very conceptions to great drugs, beer and hair metal as the only reason your daddy got laid.

I'm not entirely convinced that you're serious. If you are - right on dude. Rock n' f' n' rollll :headbang:. I'm not gonna argue about 80s Nobody puts baby in a corner at 4 am. :rofl-lol:

I'd suggest you bring it down a little. Seems like you take your 80s music a little too seriously/personally.

LOL Paradise City. It has to be one of the worst GNR tracks ever. That song is everything wrong with shitty 80s music.

yeah, this is why almost all GNR shows closed with that track and a lot of fans love that track still to this day...

broski, just because a song contains some synth it doesn't make the song worst GNR track ever...

Anyway my pick:

You Could Be Mine

Kind of sad surprising that people are saying Jungle and PC on a fan forum. I'd expect those answers on the comments of Classic Rock's site or Youtube. Not here.

Kind of sad that you hate AFD for some reason and you express this on several forums... Edited by Crash Diet

I´m gonna try this. Kinda hard, so many songs I trully love. From AFD, WTTJ, It´s So Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, SCOM, PC, Anything Goes, Rocket Queen. From Lies Patience, Used To Love Her (I´m not adding covers from any album) From the UYI 1, Dust N Bones, Don´t Cry, Back Off Bitch, Bad Obsession, DoubleTalkin´Jive, NR, Don´t Damn Me, Dead Horse, Coma. UYI 2 Civil War, 14 Years, Get In The Ring, Pretty Tie Up, Locomotive, Estranged, YCBM.

The intro to PC is great. That alone makes PC better than anything MC ever did.
The buildup from Terror N' Tinseltown to Dr. Feelgood with this awesome groove is fuckin ace.

The Crüe hate on this forum is really ridiculous.

The buildup from Terror N' Tinseltown to Dr. Feelgood with this awesome groove is fuckin ace.

Yeah, cuz MC is so respected and revered outside of this forum. :rolleyes:

Get over it. Most people laugh at a band you like. It's not a big deal. We're all GNR fans. We should be used to such things.

Yeah, cuz MC is so respected and revered outside of this forum. :rolleyes:

Get over it. Most people laugh at a band you like. It's not a big deal. We're all GNR fans. We should be used to such things.

The fact that MC's not as revered as classic bands such as the Beatles, LZ or the Stones (which is completely justified and I agree, that's an understatement) doesn't justify mindless trolling as one can see down here everytime they're mentioned. By the way, TFFL, SATD and Feelgood are very often cited as classic albums, by people who actually listened to it, and didn't just go "Lolz Vince's fat, he can't sing anymore so his band must've sucked from the beginning" (remind you of another band?)

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but mindless trolling is what baffles me.

Edited by EvH