Zutat's Work on Chinese Democracy

BangoSkank

Hey Marc,

Can you speak a little about the work Tom Zutat did on Chinese Democracy?

A few years ago (2007?) there was an article in Classic Rock magazine where he detailed his time working on the album. I actually still read it from time-to-time and there’s a few bits that stick out:

1). Buckethead loved the smell of puppy shit and insisted on it being around his chicken coop inside the studio

2). Zutat was given the boot because he arranged for Axl to see Black Hawk Down in a private screening (It was possible they were doing a new version of “Welcome To The Jungle” for it), but when Axl walked in and saw other people there, he accused Zutat of lying to him and fired him.

This last bit is obviously a lie, or very exaggerated, but I was wondering if you had any insight as to this period of making the album.

Much thanks again for all this.

Marc already explained this not so long ago. Axl didn´t want Zutaut to be friend with Slash. One day the phone rang. The caller ID showed... Slash

The WTTJ thing was because Scott wanted the original version for his movie. Axl wanted to make a newone with the new band, so no deal.

Oh shit, my bad. I did a search on this forum for "Zutat" and only saw a topic relating to demos he was apart of. I'll search through a bit more.

You spelled his name wrong in the search.

That bastard with a second "U"

Check under GN´R and movies or something like that

Hey Marc,

A few years ago (2007?) there was an article in Classic Rock magazine where he detailed his time working on the album. I actually still read it from time-to-time and there’s a few bits that stick out:

1). Buckethead loved the smell of puppy shit and insisted on it being around his chicken coop inside the studio

2). Zutat was given the boot because he arranged for Axl to see Black Hawk Down in a private screening (It was possible they were doing a new version of “Welcome To The Jungle” for it), but when Axl walked in and saw other people there, he accused Zutat of lying to him and fired him.

This last bit is obviously a lie, or very exaggerated, but I was wondering if you had any insight as to this period of making the album.

Here http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/203172-gnr-songs-in-movies/

The Buckethead issue was not mentioned. So I guess Marc could still explain that

Hey Marc,

Here http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/203172-gnr-songs-in-movies/

The Buckethead issue was not mentioned. So I guess Marc could still explain that

Awesome, thanks. I figured the article in Classic Rock exaggerated things. Would really like to hear about Buckethead's chicken coop, etc.