Stairway To Heaven VS. Sweet Child O' Mine

Ace Nova

Stairway To Heaven vs. Sweet Child O' Mine  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Stairway to Heaven wins because of its guitar solo.

This is the mentality of some rock fans which I despise.

What do you mean exactly? As in being told that the Stairway solo is the best thing since sliced bread and just buying into that without question? IMO SCOM's solo murders the Stairway solo.

Stairway to Heaven wins because of its guitar solo.

This is the mentality of some rock fans which I despise.

What do you mean exactly? As in being told that the Stairway solo is the best thing since sliced bread and just buying into that without question? IMO SCOM's solo murders the Stairway solo.

I think both songs have fans who say exactly that, it's that guitar solo elitism, I think both are awesome but how they are regarded is kinda silly.

In terms of...?

As far as which I prefer, I honestly don't care much for SCOM anymore. Probably my least favorite song to see/hear live whenever I see the band (after the first time I saw them). I still like it, but don't voluntarily put it on.

Stairway is good, but I enjoy the song a lot more when it really picks up.

In terms of popularity, I'd say SCOM is more universally known, though.

So SCOM wins? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's next, It's so easy is better than Whole Lotta Love? :lol:

First of all, SCOM wouldnt even be in a serious contest against Stairway. SCOM doesnt hold a candle to one of the greatest (mainly in terms of influence, impact, etc - not to mention songwriting, arrangements... whatever, you name it) songs of all time. That being said, subjectively it may be the best song ever as it's too personal.

Objectively, we're talking about a song that was truly a "game changer" and inspired several of the greatest songs ever (including Bohemian Rhapsody) against a song that had only commercial success and pop appeal but didnt change anything.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

SCOM all fuckin' day long, sounds more raw, more passionate, more off the cuff, Stairways the biggest load of bollocks, got no respect for it whatsoever, it's such a fuckin' pretencious try-hard song, can't stand, what the fuck is it about anyway? Never fuckin' liked it, SCOM is a perfect song, guitar wise, vocal track wise, just all ends up, even the video is perfect, Stairways a load of fuckin' cobblers as far as I'm concerned.

Epic my fuckin' hairy arse. I just can't relate to stairway on any level, i don't know what it's about, i don't understand what gibberish he's fuckin' reeling off, the music just seems really flat, it's just some fuckin' rock geek staple that no one can seriously outline the merits of.

Fuckin' Robert Plant, some fuckin' provincial tossbag out of fuckin' West Brom bangin' on about fuckin' goblins and that, do me a fuckin' favour. Bands like fuckin' Led Zeppelin, and all your fuckin' heavy metalley type fuckin' bands just ruined rock n roll, took all the life out of it and made it into some college boy viynl collecting staring with their gobs open at a 20 foot high stage stage thing, was meant to be about lookin' cool, dancin', having a laugh and blowing off steam, not the fuckin' ladybird book of witches set to music. The fuckin' metallers are the worst too, Zep, for all their crapness, at least had a groove here and there, you could move to it if you wanted, the wrong parts were accentuated and made a meal of and the whole thing was taken down the wrong path.

Bunch of fuckin' droopy faced miserablist prannies walkin' around with long hair listening to 20 minute fuckin' solos and that, bollocks.

Sex, Style, Subversion! From uh...West Brom? :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

SCOM all fuckin' day long, sounds more raw, more passionate, more off the cuff, Stairways the biggest load of bollocks, got no respect for it whatsoever, it's such a fuckin' pretencious try-hard song, can't stand, what the fuck is it about anyway? Never fuckin' liked it, SCOM is a perfect song, guitar wise, vocal track wise, just all ends up, even the video is perfect, Stairways a load of fuckin' cobblers as far as I'm concerned.

Epic my fuckin' hairy arse. I just can't relate to stairway on any level, i don't know what it's about, i don't understand what gibberish he's fuckin' reeling off, the music just seems really flat, it's just some fuckin' rock geek staple that no one can seriously outline the merits of.

Fuckin' Robert Plant, some fuckin' provincial tossbag out of fuckin' West Brom bangin' on about fuckin' goblins and that, do me a fuckin' favour.

Bar the Zeppelin hate, this. SCOM guitar wise is definitely on the same level and fucks Stairway hard.

Guest Len B'stard

Guns looked better than Zep back then as well. Yes, looks are important, I don't give a fuck if that makes a hippo-ster or whatever, it's a fact, you are what you look like and GnR looked cool (back then) and Zep looked like cunts...and sounded like it too. Every last member of GnR looked like fuckin' rudies back then, with Stevie lettin' the side down slightly with the poodle cut but it was glossed over and held up by the general fuckin' coolness of the rest of them.

Slash looked like the baddest man on the planet back then, just incomparably cool.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Ugh, Dyer Maker, is there any bigger fuckin' insult to the genre of reggae than that absolute pile of fuckin' bollocks?!?! Quite apart from anything else, they can't even get that off-beat skank right.

I dont care if you like SCOM better - it's just some posts that are cringe worthy. We're talking about a song that's widely heralded as one of the best rock songs ever, a song that was a truly game changer that inspired many other bands, musicians and songs. By classic rock's and even today's standarts it is an epic song written by some of the most influential artists of all time - something that SCOM wouldnt even try to accomplish. Ask Axl himself - he would be the first to tell you the same. The closest Guns could ever do was November Rain, but still isnt up to Stairway's standarts.

• Like 1