Does anyone know why Axl didn't attend Shannon Hoon's funeral?

axlinkafayette

Come on Groghan, you are more intelligent than that.

Groghan is asking all the right questions, that makes him intelligent in my book. There is ample evidence Axl abused Erin. Axl and Stephanie got into a fight at a party, there are no other allegations beyond that. As for his stepfather, the references are all about being 'cuffed' for watching unholy images (or whatever) on TV or playing the wrong thing on the piano, etc, but there are no allegations of 'beating the shit' out of him, and nothing that I know of about him being abusive to Stuart. Amy was trotted out by Axl to confirm allegations of sexual abuse, but there were no details, and nothing was ever reported to any authority. Amy has always appeared to give unconditional support to Axl. So who knows.

The other allegations were against his biological father and stemmed from regression therapy sessions from psychics.

Thank you Snooze - I really appreciate your answer.

Look at Nov Rain's responses in this topic, including the one just above this response. Full of anger.

So thank you Snooze. I hope to see you posting more in the future. It's nice to see somebody reply in an intelligent and informative manner, without insulting people.

Nov-Rain....it's odd that you automatically assume that Axl is telling the truth. But you question whether or not Ashley is? Seriously, you need to stop basing your opinions solely around what Axl Rose says.

Edited by Groghan

I'm neither defending Axl nor Stephen, just assessing the allegations. A lot of grey area here and definitions come into play. 'Beating the shit out of him' may mean something different to you, to me and to Axl.

That's exactly the point though.

We all should be able to civilly discuss these things without going off on hateful rants and attacking each other - or attacking the people we are chatting about.

Somebody saying something negative about Axl or Erin or Stephanie or Beta shouldn't cause anybody on here to lose their minds in anger.

Regression therapy is infamous for creating false memories.

However, I see no reason to doubt Axl's recollections of abuse that occurred later in childhood when he was old enough to form conscious memories.

As for Amy, she confirmed she was sexually abused for about twenty years. It seems rather farfetched to think she would make such serious allegations just to show support to Axl's allegations. Why would she hate her own father enough to come up with such vicious lies if nothing ever happened?

Come on Groghan, you are more intelligent than that.

Groghan is asking all the right questions, that makes him intelligent in my book. There is ample evidence Axl abused Erin. Axl and Stephanie got into a fight at a party, there are no other allegations beyond that. As for his stepfather, the references are all about being 'cuffed' for watching unholy images (or whatever) on TV or playing the wrong thing on the piano, etc, but there are no allegations of 'beating the shit' out of him, and nothing that I know of about him being abusive to Stuart. Amy was trotted out by Axl to confirm allegations of sexual abuse, but there were no details, and nothing was ever reported to any authority. Amy has always appeared to give unconditional support to Axl. So who knows.

The other allegations were against his biological father and stemmed from regression therapy sessions from psychics.

Thank you Snooze - I really appreciate your answer.

Look at Nov Rain's responses in this topic, including the one just above this response. Full of anger.

So thank you Snooze. I hope to see you posting more in the future. It's nice to see somebody reply in an intelligent and informative manner, without insulting people.

Nov-Rain....it's odd that you automatically assume that Axl is telling the truth. But you question whether or not Ashley is? Seriously, you need to stop basing your opinions solely around what Axl Rose says.

LOL just because of the way I worded my posts you jump to the conclusion that I am full of anger :lol: . Let me tell you something: in case you don´t know ( I think you do), English is not my native language and although I am aware that I make some spelling and grammar mistakes I think it is pretty decent and my posts are not so difficult to understand. Maybe I didn´t chose the right words to say what I wanted to say, sometimes when we speak a foreign language we repeat things we hear from native speakers without being really aware of the real meaning. That might explain the "beating the shit out of" that I used, maybe I should have just said "beaten". Also, I used the caps lock to highlight some words not because I was screaming or full of anger, maybe I should have highlighted them LOL, ups, I mean lol.

You might think Axl is an asshole, you might not like him, you might think he is the one to blame for the old bands break up and bla bla bla but to go to the extreme of insinuating that he would invent or exaggerate something as serious as childhood abuse is beyond pathetic.

Nov_Rain..............sorry that you think it is pathetic, but I don't believe in Regressive Therapy.

This therapy also helped Axl go back hundreds of years to "remember" his past lives. Imo, that right there eliminates all likely hood of anybody with half a brain taking it seriously. All though I hear it is really effective in helping people "remember" when they were abducted by aliens as well. So maybe it is real!!!!

Are you familiar with Axl's belief in Yoda? Or that he once paid for an exorcism?

Did his father do jail time for the crimes he committed? And besides Axl's "regressive therapy" helping him "remember" what happened to him as a two-year old, can you send me a link to all the other proof that has helped you form such a strong opinion on this matter? I thank you in advance for that info.

• Like 1