Call out to the guy who posted the Sorry lyrics in 2007!!

Young_Gun

Everything this person says fits perfectly. His points fully explain everything that's happened with Axl since Chinese Democracy.

And I'm not shocked that most people here refuse to believe it.

I think people on here would rather talk about Axl's shoes or trying to get Team Brazil to throw them a bone...

"Oh look, Beta replied to my Tweet! Oh look, Fernando had a three hour meeting! They MUST be so good! Axl truly is a god!"

Lolllllll!

Let's talk about why Axl didn't attend Shannon Hoon's funeral!

Edited by Young_Gun

The original idea was in short; CD, promotion through videos online, interviews, performing on TV shows/award shows, touring USA/Canada until summer 2009, Europe, Asia, South Americas, etc.

During the tour release remixes and alternative booklets/art, in November 2009 release the next album followed by more touring/promotion/etc. around the globe, coupled with a DVD release.

mentira-template.jpg

"I'd like to thank Irving Azoff for giving me this opportunity to bring this new music to the world. His enthusiasm and dedication to this project, as well as his contribution to the entire music industry really blows my mind." - brian wilson, imagination liner notes (1998).

axl wasn't smart enough to realize how lucky he was to work with somebody as irving azoff. it takes real talent to spoil everything, axl has that kind of talent.

Heh

You assholes always freak out and accuse people of lying when they share stories from behind the scenes. That's why I don't bother sharing most of the shit I hear. Just the other day, I posted the most harmless and innocuous story about Axl being a cool party host. And I was challenged by groghan and several of his epic dumbass essays. You assholes would fucking meltdown in nerd rage if you actually had to digest real stories about what happens behind the scenes, with Axl or anyone else in the industry. Maybe one day the mods will try and run a forum that reflects reality in some small way, instead of feeling the responsibility of providing an online refuge for fifteen fanatical weirdos. Normal people with worthwhile thoughts to share leave. And the only people left are those like MSL and wfuckinga who only stick around to cupcake the imminently trollable fanatical weirdos.

I have to agree. I've never understood the attitude of people saying "they just want attention its not true!" I think it comes down to people overestimating their importance on this board. WHO CARES if they guy is just trolling or whatever. It stimulates discussion at least, and there is a chance it could even be true. Worst thing that happens is that we discuss the possibilities and then it turns out its not true. That the point of an internet forum right? If its fake, its fake...oh well. I don't know why everyone thinks that its so impossible to have "inside info" on a band. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean some other person doesn't. And it makes sense they'd post it on a GNR forum. If they just want attention, there are certainly better ways to get it then to rile up 7 fanatical people on an internet forum about a band most people give no shits about.

You assholes always freak out and accuse people of lying when they share stories from behind the scenes. That's why I don't bother sharing most of the shit I hear. Just the other day, I posted the most harmless and innocuous story about Axl being a cool party host. And I was challenged by groghan and several of his epic dumbass essays. You assholes would fucking meltdown in nerd rage if you actually had to digest real stories about what happens behind the scenes, with Axl or anyone else in the industry. Maybe one day the mods will try and run a forum that reflects reality in some small way, instead of feeling the responsibility of providing an online refuge for fifteen fanatical weirdos. Normal people with worthwhile thoughts to share leave. And the only people left are those like MSL and wfuckinga who only stick around to cupcake the imminently trollable fanatical weirdos.

I think it's because there are so many assholes who DO post shit as being "real" when it's just a load of shit.

For every one real insider who posts real info there are, unfortunately, hundreds of IfTheWorld type posters who present made up shit as fact in order to try to obtain some sort of celebrity.

It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. I say don't get annoyed with those who challenge, get annoyed with those who post their shit all over the place.

If it is of any use, I got loads of people mailing me back in the day with lyrics of songs, some of which were correct, from people who thought I had material to exchange when I was doing my management inbetweener thing

It is very possible that people who had tracks historically used them to get attention way back when

I always found with Weezer that the people who leaked the tracks were not the people who sought attention.

I will say that this may be the best topic since Chinese Democracy went public. I lost interest in the forum because of the shitty topics that were on the general section.
The topics I see here -.- make me wanna puke!
Why did Axl wear a hat and not a bandanna?

Why he has mustaches?

Where are the cornrows?
We love team Brazil!
Axl has a new cane!
Someone said Axl on a TV show, not sure if it's related to AXL FROM GNR but they said it! etc.

• Like 2

I will say that this may be the best topic since Chinese Democracy went public. I lost interest in the forum because of the shitty topics that were on the general section.

The topics I see here -.- make me wanna puke!

Why did Axl wear a hat and not a bandanna?

Why he has mustaches?

Where are the cornrows?

We love team Brazil!

Axl has a new cane!

Someone said Axl on a TV show, not sure if it's related to AXL FROM GNR but they said it! etc.

Pretty much what I wanted to say.

• Like 1

Do you want the truth? I was the guy who posted as Robin F~. I'm sure most of you probably won't believe me, but a mod's IP check would suggest otherwise.

I was not the same person from HTGH that posted those lyrics prior to it leaking.

Believe it or not, my true goal was not to mislead everyone. It was done with the hope that it would smoke out the real author.

Like I said, most probably will not believe me, but mission fucking accomplished, nevertheless.

Edited by Scott Disick

Can't begin to imagine how soul-destroying it must be to see the fruits of a decade of labour, your passion project, be met with indifference and come to naught because of boardroom shenanigans and corporate manoeuvres. I hope for Axl's sake CDII and III are released some day. It's rare for an artist to have such a grand vision and to possess such ambition. While I didn't love all of CD (I think SOD plods along and Riad is overproduced), I still think it's a masterpiece and a monument to Axl's artistic ability. I like Slash and Duff and Izzy's solo stuff, but nothing moves me like TWAT or Madagascar. You can say it's Axl's fault because he broke up the old band, but it's pretty clear that none of them could handle being together. Izzy left VR, which broke up after a few years anyway. They all like to play their own kind of music, as they should. There was just a brief moment when they all made amazing music together. None of Bucket's solo stuff is as awe-inspiring to me as his solo on TWAT. And it's sad that he left. Again, maybe Axl was taking too long with lyrics, but maybe a lot of it was just due to lack of support. Finck is happier in NIN, but I'll miss his music.

It's a damn shame. I don't want Axl to be a martyr, even though it seems to be what he wants in the end. I want Axl to win.

I honestly think this is the best post I've read in a very long time.

Even when some old band members blame Axl, none of it has been recent. Maybe they let personal bias blind them for a brief period of time?

I don't believe the whole thing was Axl's fault. It's just as much slash, izzy and duff. I want Axl to win too,but I question at this point how badly he wants to.

He posted Sorry lyrics before it was heard by anyone else. No way it's fake.

Do you want the truth? I was the guy who posted as Robin F~. I'm sure most of you probably won't believe me, but a mod's IP check would suggest otherwise.

I was not the same person from HTGH that posted those lyrics prior to it leaking.

Believe it or not, my true goal was not to mislead everyone. It was done with the hope that it would smoke out the real author.

Like I said, most probably will not believe me, but mission fucking accomplished, nevertheless.

You f**king disick.

:awesomeface:

Do it again!!!!

But wait.... didn't you just stumble on the forum because you and your girlfriend had a threesome with DJ or some shit like that? How is it that were you posting back then? These time/space conundrums are confounding.

Well done, sir.

What else can ya leak for us?

Edited by ARBeast

I still support my theory about a leaked version of Sorry in 2007 that has the footsteps at the end of the song. That version leaked days before the CD release.

That is a "fake" version

Sorry isn't leaked in any form

Leaked before the CD release?

so what?

the htgth post is from 2007

If Sorry could leak in 2008 then why don't they leak it in 2007?

I still support that htgth poster was an insider, maybe even Fernando

The fuck knows

That being said: i don't believe that poster in the OP is the same with the htgth poster

Edited by Crash Diet

I strongly think that was Fernando

Click on that HTGTH link provided on the first post. The demolition guy said before the post about Sorry lyrcs:

Axl is now in New York working with Producer / Engineer Caram Costanzo,

Protools Engineer Eric Caudieux and newest member of the production

team Engineer/Assistant Dror Mohar. The team is said to be

on the final stretch and the mixing is due to begin in the begining

of February.

It was January 2007. People didn't believe him, that's why he posted those lyrics.

Someone on youtube posted the chorus lyrics to If the world - on a video where the band played it instrumentally as a "jam"

I don't have the youtube link but it was discussed on here.

Also, there was a South American show I recall. Forum members swore they heard a studio version of Riad being played on the sound system before Guns came on- this was way before the album release. Always thought that was interesting - cause someone within the band must've been fucking with hardcore fans back then.

It was someone from Argentina, I guess, but they were in one of those Australia/New Zeland gigs back in 2007. If I remember correctly, Esteban (from gnrbootlegs) said it was someone he knew. The guy said he heard Riad had "different drums". If that's true, I can only imagine he either heard an alternate take or he just didn't notice how the (awesome) drum arrangement really sounded because back then we all had only low quality bootlegs from live performances. The later is more probable - the drum arrangement is exactly the same as played in 2001 and the album notes says the drums arrangement was created by Josh Freese, which means before Brain joined the band. Axl also said Riad was one of the CD tracks they didn't change that much since they wrote it.