Call out to the guy who posted the Sorry lyrics in 2007!!

Young_Gun

If I recall correctly, I was making the majority of my posts at cd.com while posting under the Robin F~ screen name. One day, while casually surfing htgth.com, I had noticed in an old, outdated thread that someone had posted the lyrics to Sorry well before the song ever leaking (a 2007 post, I believe)

No one had really noticed because so much time had passed since that post, I decided to make a post elsewhere claiming to be him with the hope that it would entice the real poster to step forward. And he did. Not that long later, actually.

Without question, I think "youthinkso" was the real author of that post.

Edited by Scott Disick

As real as this kind of sounds, I really can't picture Axl ever being comfortable with being a "jukebox, nostalgia act."

(but the Vegas residency makes me scared of this).

Dude.........seriously?

When is the last time they played a new song on tour?

Axl has put out one album since the Slash/Duff left.

One album in 17 years and you don't think he's turned GnR into a "nostalgia act"????????

As real as this kind of sounds, I really can't picture Axl ever being comfortable with being a "jukebox, nostalgia act."

(but the Vegas residency makes me scared of this).

Dude.........seriously?

When is the last time they played a new song on tour?

Axl has put out one album since the Slash/Duff left.

One album in 17 years and you don't think he's turned GnR into a "nostalgia act"????????

It's possible, but I find it hard to believe he's stupid enough to try and launch a nostalgia act with all new members, while also playing "This I Love," "Better" and "Catcher." Especially since half of the rock audience still deems this as "Axl's Hired Guns."

It seems like he's trying to keep whatever this thing is afloat while he sifts through legal bullshit and, what seems like, lots of people with financial motives.

So maybe there's a song called "In This Grave", that at some point goes "And they say the stars don't look the same

I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim" hmmmm maybe that is what he was trying to say.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if "The Watch" is a legit working title.

Probably won't hear it until Axl's unfortunate demise, though.

So maybe there's a song called "In This Grave", that at some point goes "And they say the stars don't look the same

I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim" hmmmm maybe that is what he was trying to say.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if "The Watch" is a legit working title.

Probably won't hear it until Axl's unfortunate demise, though

Would be nice if Mysteron could confirm this, as well as the legit lyrics he was sent.

You assholes always freak out and accuse people of lying when they share stories from behind the scenes. That's why I don't bother sharing most of the shit I hear. Just the other day, I posted the most harmless and innocuous story about Axl being a cool party host. And I was challenged by groghan and several of his epic dumbass essays. You assholes would fucking meltdown in nerd rage if you actually had to digest real stories about what happens behind the scenes, with Axl or anyone else in the industry. Maybe one day the mods will try and run a forum that reflects reality in some small way, instead of feeling the responsibility of providing an online refuge for fifteen fanatical weirdos. Normal people with worthwhile thoughts to share leave. And the only people left are those like MSL and wfuckinga who only stick around to cupcake the imminently trollable fanatical weirdos.

Who is wfuckinga and what has he done?

You assholes always freak out and accuse people of lying when they share stories from behind the scenes. That's why I don't bother sharing most of the shit I hear. Just the other day, I posted the most harmless and innocuous story about Axl being a cool party host. And I was challenged by groghan and several of his epic dumbass essays. You assholes would fucking meltdown in nerd rage if you actually had to digest real stories about what happens behind the scenes, with Axl or anyone else in the industry. Maybe one day the mods will try and run a forum that reflects reality in some small way, instead of feeling the responsibility of providing an online refuge for fifteen fanatical weirdos. Normal people with worthwhile thoughts to share leave. And the only people left are those like MSL and wfuckinga who only stick around to cupcake the imminently trollable fanatical weirdos.

Who is wfuckinga and what has he done?
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/202836-izzy/

Oh waah, it was obvious to anyone with a tiny bit of common sense that it wasn't Izzy. If you were fooled by it, you only have your own stupidity to blame. The only thing I got wrong was that it wasn't BBA. But you people would have found it hilarious if it had been. Where was all the crying when he was posting his fake interviews?

i wasn't fooled by him. But i know a lot of people believed him. And i don't think it was their "own stupidity" when they did. They probably didn't know that much about Izzy and so it makes sense to me that they thought his lies were true. my point was/is that i highly doubt that this guy has something positive to contribute to a fan forum.

Edited by 117jule
  • Like 1

i wasn't fooled by him. But i know a lot of people believed him. And i don't think it was their "own stupidity" when they did. They probably didn't know that much about Izzy and so it makes sense to me that they thought his lies were true. my point was/is that i highly doubt that this guy has something positive to contribute to a fan forum.

And again, where was the whining about BBA for doing the exact same thing? Since you conveniently skipped past that, I'll tell you. There is no whining about BBA because nobody cared then and nobody cares now. You people just want to persecute this time around because it didn't involve your hero.

And yes, it's pretty damn stupid to get fooled by a fake Izzy acting like an Axl nutter. I don't care how little you follow Izzy, common sense has to kick in somewhere.

btw i don't think you can compare anyone else to wfuckinga. Like i said i don't know who BBA is but i doubt that he claimed to be someone who was in gnr and advertised it by using social media. wfuckinga even claimed to be a family member of Izzy and he even tried to fool guys who are current members of gnr. He used the fact that Izzy lives a private life and choses not to be part of social media to spread his lies. i would have the tiniest amount of respect for this person if he would have chosen to delete his accounts because he knew that it was a shitty thing to do. But he did it because he was busted after posting a weird fake interview. I just think that it sends a questionable message when you let him keep on posting. But i think you're right that nobody really cares. i seem to be the only one who even bothers. so this was my last post about this topic.

Edited by 117jule

Sorry. I'm used to new accounts just being banned members that know everything about the history here. If you're genuinely new, welcome. I do apologize for being rude. But yeah, I thought it was BBA when it happened because it was exactly what he was doing with members of the new band.

that's okay. i always skim through the news section so i already knew that people are a bit harsh. that's the reason i actually chose not to post here (beside the fact that i'm not a native speaker so it's a bit difficult for me to express what i would like to say) i was just a little upset when i read about wfuckinga and i saw that he was still allowed to be a member of the forum. i'm a fan of Izzy and that's why i said that people would have been more upset if this guy would have created fake accounts about Axl and his family. But it doesn't really make sense to discuss it because the admins seem to tolerate guys like him. One more reason not to post. I will continue to read the news section and canter banter. Thanks for apologizing. It gave me hope that people aren't as rude as it seems on this board.

• Like 1

For a non native speaker, you do a really good job. I would never have known. People can be harsh around here, but I think the majority of it is in jest. There is a lot of knowledge to be found around here as well. You should stick around, you might like it more than you think you would at first.