Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

She should have sold it earlier, when there was even more money to get out of this.

So maybe it's not all about the money?

They're 20 something year old letters written by a 20 something year old guy. People are making way too much over the sensitivity of it.

Maybe a better option could have been to invite some girlfriends to her house for a sleepover, and burn all her ex's letters in an ashtray while quietly sneaking beer out of her parents refrigerator..

It's weird. Erin attending a GNR show two years ago suggested an element of reconciliation.

Yet now she seems perfectly willing to humiliate Axl in a way never experienced before. It's quite a ruthless move on her part.

She should have sold it earlier, when there was even more money to get out of this.

So maybe it's not all about the money?

They're 20 something year old letters written by a 20 something year old guy. People are making way too much over the sensitivity of it.

Maybe a better option could have been to invite some girlfriends to her house for a sleepover, and burn all her ex's letters in an ashtray while quietly sneaking beer out of her parents refrigerator..

Making too much over the sensitivity of something involving what could possibly be the most overly sensitive man on earth? Is that possible?

I asked if you were saying that this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum which was a clear question. You chose to side step the question and toss a personal insult in. The fact is that this is a news story involving GN'R/Axl and that's why it's being discussed on a GN'R board.

There has been no side step or insult.

It was just advice, that's all. If you cannot understand what I am saying it is fine.

The whole "smarter than thou" thing that you're doing here is so old and busted on these forums. I have a firm grasp on what you're saying and I've explained the forums opposing view twice now.

These are Erin's belongings and I see no problem with her selling whatever she wants.

Somebody actually said this is going to bring her bad karma??? Did you forget that Axl physically beat this woman? Maybe her selling the items is Axl's bad karma coming back to nail him?

I love how some people on this board think that the world should revolve around what makes Axl Rose happy or mad.

Yeah, karma wasn't the right word. I meant bad reactions to what she's doing. Not defending Axl's conduct at all.

It's weird though that this can be interpreted by some ppl as Erin squaring the ledger for being beaten. That in itself is not a good thing, cos you're suggesting she's both bitter and vindictive, and she may not be either.

But those are your standards, not hers. Do u really see it as Axl's bad karma coming back? You've heard of two wrongs not making a right, right?

We're also talking about love letters written by a guy who's still emotionally wrecked by things that happened in his past :lol:

I think few of us realize how big an impact this will have on Axl. Given that she was his first love, I'd imagine he still harbors a degree of feelings for her.

If she is in financial strife, you could possibly empathize with auctioning the Jungle shirt etc. But intimate items like letters and lawsuits suggest a more vindictive agenda.

It's weird. Erin attending a GNR show two years ago suggested an element of reconciliation.

Yet now she seems perfectly willing to humiliate Axl in a way never experienced before. It's quite a ruthless move on her part.

I think it suggested she was Ok with being in the same room as him after all these years. With 5,000 other people in the room too.

Maybe they broke up...again *puts 2 and 2 together and makes 5*

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Of all things in the world, this is not good, this is very very bad.

Wait, what?

I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting here. To me, this reads that you think this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum. If I have that right, I cannot imagine why. It's a story about someone selling some of their personal items that are directly connected to GN'R/Axl. It's not as if *we* (the forum) have collected these items and are selling personal things that belong to someone else.

Eh?

Personalise the situation to yourself and figure out, with more thought and contemplation, what I was saying. It was nothing bad against your forum, and there was nothing implied about anyone.

It was just advice

I asked if you were saying that this story shouldn't be allowed on the forum which was a clear question. You chose to side step the question and toss a personal insult in. The fact is that this is a news story involving GN'R/Axl and that's why it's being discussed on a GN'R board.

It was just advice, that's all. If you cannot understand what I am saying it is fine.

I disagree completly, it is in the wild already...

I hardly feel that we should not have a story here that is public because it may offend someone, I mean if it is complete bullshit yes but this one is true and was discussed and is being discussed on the paradisecity.com... Need I remind everyone PC is official in everyway. If it's ok there surely we can discuss it here?

But there lies the question, NGOG finds a story, that is popular in this thread by the page count and you think he should not post it because someone might take offense to it? We IMO are not to decide someone else's thoughts on the article. You are asking that the forum somehow control the news found online, I feel it is worth a thread for sure, it is obvious it is worthwhile discussion right or wrong depending on who and how you look at it.

I don't see what harm can be done by discussing a live topic about something that is happening right now tied to GN'R. The notion it will cause problems is not founded in this case IMO.

• Like 2

I think it suggested she was Ok with being in the same room as him after all these years. With 5,000 other people in the room too.

It was definitely peculiar that she would attend the performance of a band whose frontman allegedly assaulted her.

• Like 1

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Of all things in the world, this is not good, this is very very bad.

I agree 100%.

The whole "smarter than thou" thing that you're doing here is so old and busted on these forums. I have a firm grasp on what you're saying and I've explained the forums opposing view twice now.

Please don't be this person. I do not post anymore, Erin is humiliating Axl, UK Subs wants a channel with Guns. I was only offering advice

It was definitely peculiar that she would attend the performance of a band whose frontman allegedly assaulted her.

Maybe. It totally depends on why she did it. Curiosity? Healing? Free tickets? Who knows. They were crappy seats and to my knowledge she didn't go back stage. People make it sound like she was his special guest in the front row with the paid groupies, which was not the case.

Please don't be this person. I do not post anymore, Erin is humiliating Axl, UK Subs wants a channel with Guns. I was only offering advice

Do you think by implementing a ban on this topic GNR management will suddenly change their perception of MyGNR? There have been many gestures of good will and that has never been reciprocated by GNR management.

• Like 2

Feel free to PM me on this if you wish to continue the conversation. We've both started our case several times now and there's no point in continuing to carry it out in the thread where people are trying to discuss the topic.