Erin Everly Auction (Updated with statement from Axl's sister)

Guest NGOG

Honestly the only thing I find surprising in all of this is that she didn't attempt to do this sooner.

It's a bit low for my tastes. But I don't think there's really anything Axl can legally do about it. Kinda makes it even funnier since the official gnr twitter flaunted her presence at a show in 2011 :lol:.

Exactly what I was talking about before as to how the soap opera aspect to this "guns n roses" operation is all we got left to keep us entertained.

Just another hilarious episode of "Days of Our Axl".

Honestly the only thing I find surprising in all of this is that she didn't attempt to do this sooner.

It's a bit low for my tastes. But I don't think there's really anything Axl can legally do about it. Kinda makes it even funnier since the official gnr twitter flaunted her presence at a show in 2011 :lol:.

Exactly what I was talking about before as to how the soap opera aspect to this "guns n roses" operation is all we got left to keep us entertained.

To be fair, this was completely out of Axl's hands. Wonder if he knows about it yet.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

The Salinger letters were sold when he was still alive. He was not impressed. But of course, these were 14 full-length letters from a recluse, Axl's are short post-it notes or postcards for the most part. From the article linked earlier:

http://www.cnn.com/books/news/9906/22/salinger.letters/

"And, although Maynard owned the letters and was able to sell them, Salinger won a court case to make sure their contents may not be published."

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Of all things in the world, this is not good, this is very very bad.

Yeah yeah yeah. Even if it is, in your worst case, a horrendous betrayal, does it really matter? Just because Axl is crazy sensitive and paranoid about stuff doesn't mean any of us or the forum at large have to follow his example. At the end of the day, it a bunch of corny old letters from an old rock star to his old flame. The abuse stuff is poor taste. But I can't for a minute gin up any outrage. There's real shit worth caring about in the world I think. Don't be a drama queen. Besides, if it wasn't this pissing off TB and Axl, it would be something else like dr pepper or bad vibes or dr Eliot Maynard. Edited by CoolRanchDressing

Selling those personal things is not right.

The wedding ring ok, but love letters, breakup notes, legal documents??

It's a person's life, if you don't want it destroy it, don't give it away. It's like giving away something you don't have the right to give away. And exchange money for it, whatever the reason for the money? Not cool, on top of not being right.

Oh please, what the fuck are you whining about - they are erin's personal effects and she has the right to do whatever the fuck she feels like doing with them - if axl doesn't want them out there, he can pay an exorbitant amount for them --

Exactly.

These are items that belong to Erin. They were given to her. She can do whatever she wants with them.

I think we acknowledge that she is free to do as she wishes with her own property. But is it a decision made in good faith?

Axlsalinger..........great post!!!!!!!!!!

NGOG - good faith for what? You said she should give the letters back to Axl?

Why is Axl the "main" point of this conversation or debate? Erin has more right to the letters than Axl does. They are her property, given to her by Axl. When he smacked her around, I think he lost his right to "good faith" or whatever you are calling it.

None of us know why she is doing it. It's her life to do with as she chooses. If you don't support what she is doing, don't buy the materials she is selling!!!!

Would your opinion change if Axl gave her permission to sell the items? If she called him and he said "go for it, make as much money as you can." Would you still be outraged?

Legally, it has to be classified as a form of defamation. Surely GNR attorneys will have little difficulty in challenging this?

Letters axl wrote defaming axl? Dude, wtf are you talking about?
Letters that were never intended for the public domain.

Too fuckiing bad - there is plenty of shit putout on the net that wasn't intended for public domain- its her personal property

To be fair, this was completely out of Axl's hands. Wonder if he knows about it yet.

unless he's been sleeping i"m guessing he's been made aware.

I know it's a harsh move by Erin Everly; but we shouldn't pretend not to be fascinated by these items. Potentially the biggest news story of 2013.

It is not a harsh move, it is beyond sick to be honest, and it will not enamour you to the Guns camp in any way whatsoever if UK Subs is trying to set up a channel with them

Of course, I would expect mygnrforum to roll with this, it is what people like here, but it is about where you want to draw the line.

Of all things in the world, this is not good, this is very very bad.

Yeah yeah yeah. Even if it is, in your worst case, a horrendous betrayal, does it really matter? Just because Axl is crazy sensitive and paranoid about stuff doesn't mean any of us or the forum at large have to follow his example. At the end of the day, it a bunch of corny old letters from an old rock star to his old flame. The abuse stuff is poor taste. But I can't for a minute gin up any outrage. There's real shit worth caring about in the world I think.

Great post.

I suspect people on here are more outraged that Axl is!

• Like 1

unless he's been sleeping i"m guessing he's been made aware.

Shouldn't he be sleeping now though? He's supposed to be nocturnal, right?

I was just talking about the soap opera aspect as a whole. Completely agree this one was out of Axl's hands.

LOL. So now people are claiming that Axl didn't physically abuse Erin?

Because she went to a GnR show or because she kept mementos from their time together? Holy sh*t.

You guys and your Axl worship are toooooo much.

You going to provide some proof that it did or just continue babbling on like normal?

I think the former would be impossible because there is none (which isn't to say it didn't or couldn't have happened).

Ali

LOL. So now people are claiming that Axl didn't physically abuse Erin?

Because she went to a GnR show or because she kept mementos from their time together? Holy sh*t.

You guys and your Axl worship are toooooo much.

You going to provide some proof that it did or just continue babbling on like normal?

I think the former would be impossible because there is none (which isn't to say it didn't or couldn't have happened).

Ali

Nobody said it didn't or couldn't, like most things, he made that up on his own. Saying that it is an alleged situation (Which it is.) is apparently a complete denial now. I just wasn't there to say for sure what happened one way or the other. Some people obviously think they were there, but in all actuality, they weren't.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Selling those personal things is not right.

The wedding ring ok, but love letters, breakup notes, legal documents??

It's a person's life, if you don't want it destroy it, don't give it away. It's like giving away something you don't have the right to give away. And exchange money for it, whatever the reason for the money? Not cool, on top of not being right.

Oh please, what the fuck are you whining about - they are erin's personal effects and she has the right to do whatever the fuck she feels like doing with them - if axl doesn't want them out there, he can pay an exorbitant amount for them --

Exactly.

These are items that belong to Erin. They were given to her. She can do whatever she wants with them.

so this means if i buy them i can wipe my ass with them? (ofcourse i wouldn't do this, but hipothetically)

Very low move of Erin to try and sell this stuff. Some of it (passes, photographs, whatever) is fine - but the letters and wedding video? It's not illegal, but it's highly immoral.

As many have pointed out, it's not unusual for a celebrity to have their private lives exposed, but it doesn't make it any more 'right' when it happens. I don't accept that it's 'just a part' of being famous.

@Mysteron, this is news. NGOG didn't make it up, mygnrforum aren't selling Axl's posessions and ultimately, it is not our place to judge which news is 'appropriate' for our members to view and which news should be hidden.

If the news is not factually correct, we remove it - but this is a real event and deleting/locking the thread won't change that. If GN'R choose to see that differently, so be it - but most of the people posting here seem quite alarmed by this auction and supportive of Axl; publicising her actions is a good thing for him IMO. Maybe GNR will be able to buy the material and bury it (if they are inclined) now that they know about it.

Pretty sure her bank account is bigger than Axl's, I don't think she's auctioning these to make ends meet.

As a huge fan of the guy, part of me would love to at least see some of this stuff. It would offer another perspective to the psychotic/romantic part of his pathology. But yeah, this is really wrong in a lot of ways. I'm sure part of his soul is in that stuff.

Pretty sure her bank account is bigger than Axl's, I don't think she's auctioning these to make ends meet.

As a huge fan of the guy, part of me would love to at least see some of this stuff. It would offer another perspective to the psychotic/romantic part of his pathology. But yeah, this is really wrong in a lot of ways. I'm sure part of his soul is in that stuff.

No, Axl is obviously richer than Erin

just think about it