Perfect Crime 1986

anchel2

Excellent question!

Kind of along those lines, we know "You Could Be Mine" was written (or at least partially) at least around the time of Appetite cause some of the lyrics were in the liner notes of AFD.

Was YCBM ever played live before the UYI tour? It's interesting to me that a demo of that song never leaked to the public.

Was YCBM ever played live before the UYI tour? It's interesting to me that a demo of that song never leaked to the public.

No, YCBM was played for the first time on January 20, 1991 (Rock In Rio II).

Slash: It was incredible; we played two nights in a row to 180,000 fans in Maracanã Stadium. [...] It was something else; I'm not sure that I've ever seen a more insane Guns N' Roses crowd - and that is saying something. When we kicked into the bridge of "Paradise City," people swan-dived from the upper tier of the stadium - seemingly to their death [slash's autobiography, p 325].

Duff: Maracaña Stadium: 175,000 people and a river of sewage streaming right through the place. An actual river. Of shit. People chanting, "Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses!" The audience cried and sang along to every word as we launched into our set. 'Fucking hell, there are a lot of people up here onstage.' We had a two new keyboard players, backup singers, and horn players. The sides of the stage swarmed with crew and management and who knows who else. 'Where my boys at?' I turned and looked toward the drum riser. Steven wasn't there [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 176]

It is now the 10th most played song having been played at least 463 times.

Edited by SoulMonster

It pretty much sounds the same as the record.

I'm sure but it has Steven on drums!!!! Back when they kicked ass! Just to hear a clip of it would be amazing. Perhaps one day we will.

If you read the thread I linked to you would know a couple of clips exist.

I've tried to sign up at that forum several times with no success. could you PM me a link to it? I would appreciate it very much.