YouTube views. What do they tell us?

John Bonham

I say it tells us nothing regarding the merits of music....lest we all think Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga are the greatest "artists" of all time.

Every time someone brings up album sales or YouTube views in an argument about how good something is my argument against it is one word:

Creed.

That's bull.

The cream rises to the top. Why do you think 'Estranged' is more popular than 'Shotgun Blues'?

Because A) It's a far better song and B) it was released as a single.

In quick search of YouTube, I've found that With Arms Wide Open by Creed must be a FAR better song than Dead Horse by Guns N' Roses due to the fact that With Arms has over 12 million views while Horse has just over 5.

Mesh, SCOM should never have been played acoustic. Both videos suck. At least I don't have to suffer through Myles in one of them. Full blown Mickey is better than that shit. Every disaster that will ever be recorded is better than that shit. Slash needs to hire a better singer. Still, will never watch either of these shit videos again though.

Mesh, SCOM should never have been played acoustic. Both videos suck. At least I don't have to suffer through Myles in one of them. Full blown Mickey is better than that shit. Every disaster that will ever be recorded is better than that shit. Slash needs to hire a better singer. Still, will never watch either of these shit videos again though.

Axl doesn't sound bad in the video posted above, he have sounded better in 2010, though. Did you really watch it? Ashba in the other hand sounds awful. Can't believe that person can't play SCOM right, it's fuckin' SCOM. When Bumblefoot starts playing I feel relieved and that's not saying much. :lol:

Myles sounds great in SCOM but I guess that a personal taste. Slash's guitar sound is vastly better in comparison to the Rose Bar video.

But we're not comparing Guns N' Roses to CREED.

We're comparing Guns N' Roses to SLASH...

It's a fair, Apples to Apples comparison, don't you think?

250 thousand views

23.5 Million views

:o

No, you're saying that YouTube views and popularity = quality.

• Like 1

Axl doesn't sound bad in the video posted above, he have sounded better in 2010, though. Did you really watch it? Ashba in the other hand sounds awful. Can't believe that person can't play SCOM right, it's fuckin' SCOM. When Bumblefoot starts playing I feel relieved and that's not saying much. :lol:

Myles sounds great in SCOM but I guess that a personal taste. Slash's guitar sound is vastly better in comparison to the Rose Bar video.

Yes, I watched them both. Axl doesn't sound bad, but not good enough to save it from shitty accoustic guitars, no matter which guitarist is playing it. SCOM would be a shitty accoustic song from any lineup of Guns ever. Slash didn't stand a chance of saving it from Myles wretched vocals, because he can't make a song that can't sound good accoustically, sound like a good song accoustically. He was screwed from the opening note. Edited by Damn_Smooth

I think SCOM sounds good acoustically. :huh:

Way too "twangy" (for lack of a better word) for me. :shrugs:

I have never used the word "quality."

I don't even know what you mean when you say it.

I'm saying Slash solo is more popular than New GN'R.

A concept that, on this forum at least, is up for debate.

Then how do you explain tour attendence and ticket prices in every region of the planet?

I have never used the word "quality."

I don't even know what you mean when you say it.

A concept that, on this forum at least, is up for debate.

That's part of my point: just because more people have viewed it doesn't make it better. Personally, I like Guns N' Roses material far better than anything I've heard from Slash. The fact that a bunch more people have watch Slash videos as opposed to GN'R video means nothing regarding which is better.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Apocalyptic Love sold how many units? Chinese sold how many? I think ChiD outsold BOTH of Slash's solo albums, and by a large amount. Slash is not and will never be more popular than GN'R.