YouTube views. What do they tell us?

John Bonham

He headlined a major festival this summer in Quebec.

oh yeah I was there lol

Guns N' Roses saved that festival

I haven't seen a festival, save for Crüefest. I've only seen them on their own.

Was Gov. Ball this year? I think that's a major festival. What about that one in I think Texas? That was pretty big I think too. People weretalking about Axl then as well

Everything happened this year. We are close to 2014 so that's why I'm thinking last year.

The last time people talked about Axl

:D

Actually the last time people talked about Axl is when he headlined major festivals last year while Slash was playing ribfest.

But if you open up the latest issue of Ultimate Classic Rock, there's a 6 page Slash interview!

Oh good, there is one. He hasn't done an interview in about a week, I was worried he'd died or something.

:lol:

Dude you're killing me

was that after or before the bowling alley show where he crapped himself out of the stage?

He was sick that night, wasn't he? Fig, who are you an alty for?

Yes he was sick. I guess it's ok to mock people that are sick around here.

Figuredo goes through the motions like John Cena in a match with David Otunga.

lol

Volcano, I've seen you mocking Slash because of his heart problem before and you refer to the old band as junkies all the time.

Actually I have never mentioned anything about Slash's heart. I actually think it's amazing he is still alive.

Nice try.

Edited by volcano62

Volcano, I've seen you mocking Slash because of his heart problem before and you refer to the old band as junkies all the time.

Actually I have never mentioned anything about Slash's heart. I actually think it's amazing he is still alive.

Nice try.

The old lineup were junkies :shrugs:

oh yeah I was there lol

Eh, no. A lot of people were disapointed. People prefered def Leppeard and Foreigner... that should tell you something.

Source?

I was there, and I heard people talk.

oh yeah I was there lol

Eh, no. A lot of people were disapointed. People prefered def Leppeard and Foreigner... that should tell you something.

Source?

And you don't think there were any Def Leopard and Foreigner fans there that never liked Guns to begin with?

oh yeah I was there lol

Source?

And you don't think there were any Def Leopard and Foreigner fans there that never liked Guns to begin with?

I don't know, maybe. One thing is for sure, Volcano was on drugs that night because Axl didn't "save" the festival at all, in fact I suspect next time he comes to town... less people will go to his show.

Guest cbgnr666

oh yeah I was there lol

Source?

That is possible when you think about it.

oh yeah I was there lol

Source?

I don't know, maybe. One thing is for sure, Volcano was on drugs that night because Axl didn't "save" the festival at all, in fact I suspect next time he comes to town... less people will go to his show.

Let me know next time they come to town.

Kapitch I think we were at different shows or you're just bitter because the band is still going strong without Slash (he left in 1996 dude give it up)

It was freakin awesome! I was maybe 15-20 rows from the stage...you can see me here:

984231_4884282305783_28478797_n_zps95bf0

What fuckin night and show with great GNR fans.

Here is a great shot of the crowd:

615273057_zpsd91b6670.jpg

YouTube views do mean something. It's the same as buying the single off iTunes or buying the album or watching the video on MTV.

Also, there are people in this thread that are making excuses such as "Well, Axl is only doing worse because he didn't promote his work, whereas Slash works to stay in the media and advertise his material." That's true, but it has no bearing on the discussion at hand. It doesn't matter why Slash is doing better than Axl in terms of public popularity, it just matters that he is. This topic wasn't created so much to argue the reason why but more to show that some of the Axl fans are apparently either uninformed or delusional. The numbers don't lie. and this guy apparently did his research and didn't try to skew the results one way or another to fit his own agenda.

I mostly cupcake the GNR discussion boards and very rarely post. That said, I thought this was an interesting thread to read but more importantly a great post by Amish. Your point that resonates with me is that "It doesn't matter why Slash is doing better than Axl in terms of public popularity, it just matters that he is. This topic wasn't created so much to argue the reason why but more to show that some of the Axl fans are apparently either uninformed or delusional". It's such a great point and if I read it correctly your not hating on Axl fans but just pointing out that for whatever reasons they are "uninformed or delusional". I tend to lean more towards being a fan of Axl's projects but I still appreciate Slash as an artist and see him live and buy his records. I would love to participate in a factual conversation in another thread on how each of them have promoted themselves since the break-up and how it may or may not have contributed to the numbers provided in this thread. I find it interesting that the new line-up isn;t getting more hits on Youtube.

I wonder if a conversation like that could happen on this site without the haters on either side making it personal rather than fact.

Truth is that it would hurt...individually all have struggled because the honus is that they were and in the minds of the public GNR. We watched on as a bad divorce took place and each wounded individual did what they could do. But hate or favoritism or siding with what ever side gets your fancy .. the reality was and is and will remain that ...the stregnths and power of GNR was in the collective individuals that made up the whole . If you love NUGNR then you settle for Axls point of view- as it is now and applaud what he is doing and has done even though it is not in any way the GNR that made a huge run at history and toppled the charts with thier authenticity. Slash is weaker without the red head and the the redhead is weaker without the rest of them... in 2013 that should be appparent to anyone comparing and contrasting the current situtuation.

• Like 1

Yeah we can see the excitment in people faces...lol

Dude who knows what time exactly the pic was taken? Was it during someone else's set? Between sets? During Dizzy's solo?

Monster Truck were awesome also

Edit: I was kind of shocked how many fans Dizzy has (people kept yelling his name) and how popular Dj is with the fans.

Edited by volcano62

Dude who knows what time exactly the pic was taken? Was it during someone else's set? Between sets? During Dizzy's solo?

Edit: I was kind of shocked how many fans Dizzy has (people kept yelling his name) and how popular Dj is with the fans.

I didn't interview people, people were just talking, and I tell you a lot of people were disapointed, I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed it, but that's what it is. This was not a GNR show, if it were the crowd would have been 8000 people (I'm being generous). There were 70 000 people there, a lot of people who are not fans, those people saw a guy hiding under a hat and singing like an impersonator. I'm sorry I wish it was different.

Listen, Slash promote himsel Axl doesn't. When Slash plays with Fergie, I'm thinking that he's digging really really low and I'm glad that Axl doesn't do it that way. Axl is the last dinosaur, Slash is like every other celebrity. Whats next, is he going to be a judge in idol? God bless America!

Whats next, is he going to be a judge in idol?

Very possible

I didn't interview people, people were just talking, and I tell you a lot of people were disapointed, I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed it, but that's what it is. This was not a GNR show, if it were the crowd would have been 8000 people (I'm being generous). There were 70 000 people there, a lot of people who are not fans, those people saw a guy hiding under a hat and singing like an impersonator. I'm sorry I wish it was different.

I feel bitterness in your "review"

Very possible

Will see next time he comes then. I predict 3000 people will attend. That show did more damage than anything.

Very possible

Will see next time he comes then. I predict 3000 people will attend. That show did more damage than anything.

Hopefully the new colisée will be opened by then.

I hope your not basing your thoughts on the review The Journal de Quebec did? Just like the Journal de Montréal they are shit disturbers. They give bad reviews to every band even Metallica.

I have not read the whole thread, just the first post

Would it not be better to collate the songs, and also take into account how long clips have been on youtube. You could work out views per day for each song, and rank them

I think that would be a fairer reflection

Here's why.

Search Guns N' Roses on Youtube in 2008. You already have a huge palette of results with millions of views a piece. For Axl's new music to breach that wall would be a heavy task when the already established videos are the first things to pop up in the results for "Guns N' Roses". Slash videos don't have to deal with that, at least not to anywhere near that degree.

And I mean, you can call him more popular all you want, but the fact remains that he plays 3000 seat theaters for 20 bucks a ticket while Axl can still pull in a (comparatively) respectable 8k in the worst scenarios and still fill arenas in opportune places at $100+ a ticket.

But nah, Youtube stats. :rofl-lol:

ribfest

Was going to post this exact thing.

There's also more to it as well.