BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

^ People, band members and such, many would like to talk to Axl but he likes to be unreachable and silent. It's hard on everyone and everything. Reminds me a little bit of Chairman Mao actually, from what I've read of him from two biographies.

It's SO easy to judge and point fingers when you're not inside. Well, almost everyone does it, why not you?

Yeah and you try to make it sound like bumble hadn't been trying to communicate with axl/management for years in private and in proper fashion. Like he just now sent some emails and went whining in public the moment right after. Wake up and/or be a bit more realistic now wouldn't you?

If my manager didn't respond to my emails, I'd be very concerned for the viability of my company. And this is for a huge, international company I work for.

But with GNR? There are, what, like 10 employee-musicians, right? And the world's greatest managment team (Beta+Fernando) can't even fucking communicate with the hired hands?

Unbelievable.

The lack of communication between Axl and the management and the band members is really disgraceful. My main problem with GN'R has always been the lack of communication, especially within the band.

Which has always amazed me on why they put the "failer to communicate" quote at the beginning of Civil War. Is it an acknoledgement by Axl? Because if so he has not tried in any way to improve this since 1991.

Don't get me wrong, I love that quote, but it just seems so ironic. It's like Hilter preaching about acceptance.

Cool article.

On Ron's comment about people living hand to mouth, not wanting the shows to start 3 hours late...I've got to say, seems like he's saying in a world where people aren't so stressed and stretched, he's ok with a little chaos at a rock show...I would say, why treat people differently because of an unfortunate situation, let people escape to that world where that shit doesn't matter, it's a rock n fn roll show :-) reality is that shit might matter, but how about letting the 'show' just happen like a rock n roll show should.

If people stop going because of it, they stop going....and then rock n roll will truly be dead.

What a load of utter garbage. How 'rock n roll' would it be to miss work the next day and get fired because Axl can't get up on stage on time.

Working in an office isn't very rock n roll. Neither is getting the bus home or paying a babysitter. It's called normal life, and the people who lead it (us) have spent our very un-rock n roll salaries on the albums that put Axl in that big house on the hill.

I don't recall anyone turning down my cash because it wasn't cool enough. Get fucked.

Simple then don't do it, that's my point. You weren't forced, you choose. The second rock n roll starts to bend for a douche like you, it's dead, like you obviously are inside.

Some have lives to deal with other than seeing a douche like axl comeon stage 3 hours late - in no way shape or for is it rockn roll to appear 3 hours late - it's just plain old unprofressional and inconsiderate, and no, I haven't been to a gnr show since 2006 and have no plans to untill they release a new album - if I want to see gnr songs played live, I gosee slash since he charges 1/2 to 2/3 what axl charges, starts on time, and his band is actually prepared to play a rocking 2hr set

One word: 'integrity'

BF seems torn..

On one side there's pre GN'R BF. The BF that few if any of us knew of. The same BF who, if he quits on Axl, can return back to where he came from, a world of obscurity, possibly a happier place.

On the other side, there's GN'R, a situation that continually appears to push BF's integrity to places he don't seem happy to visit. Maybe it's for the '$' or maybe it's for the exposure, attention. The longer BF stays with Axl, the more BF will be destroyed. For the moment, it is probably biggest mountain he will ever be on top of, not that the top is as high as Slash era GN'R.

I guess GN'R is Axl's destruction of all those around him. A monster Dragon of epic proportions that consumes and spits out all those that dare go near it.

Maybe if management actually spoke with him about this kind of stuff he wouldn't have to call them out in an interview. What a joke when the most talented instrumentalist in the band can't get a reply from management.

Must be a tough decision though - either return to relative obscurity doing his own thing, or carry on not being fully creative and just touring old hits with what I imagine is a great salary.

Imagine being in a band where you had zero creative control and zero influence on any decision making.

It must be incredibly embarrassing so publicly being Axl's employee, actually come to think of it, imagine being Fernando's employee.

Bumblefoot really needs to realize he is as expendable a a shoe to Axl.

Didn't he have to cancel solo shows when he joined GN'R? So, what's new?

/jarmo

My response to Jarmo's post would be that he is right - nothing's new. And that is the problem - the fact that with GNR it is the same old stuff and that it is such a bigger cog in the music industry machine than BBF's solo stuff that when he actually wants to play new and creative stuff he can't because the big wheel turns and he is swept back into a musical entity that is unproductive and at this point has just gotten a bit boring.

Edited by WhazUp

Jarmo's GnR's mascot - his opinion doesn't count

Didn't he have to cancel solo shows when he joined GN'R? So, what's new?

/jarmo

My response to Jarmo's post would be that he is right - nothing's new. And that is the problem - the fact that with GNR it is the same old stuff and that it is such a bigger cog in the music industry machine than BBF's solo stuff that when he actually wants to play new and creative stuff he can't because the big wheel turns and he is swept back into a musical entity that is unproductive and at this point has just gotten a bit boring.

Well 1st off, BBF joined in 2006 - it's now 2013

Once again, I think Jarmo misses the point.

Bumblefoot's problem isn't that he has to cancel shows/tour/plans because GNR's schedule pre-empts his own. His issue, as I read it, is when he's forced to canceled his own plans for GNR and then have GNR cancel their own plans. Likewise, it must be very difficult to plan his own tour if he can't get any guarantees from GNR's management.

If it were just him having to cancel his plans because GNR were offered an amazing opportunity to play somewhere or a promoter gave them a healthy contract to tour it would be one thing. But I think it goes beyond that.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

Once again, I think Jarmo misses the point.

Bumblefoot's problem isn't that he has to cancel shows/tour/plans because GNR's schedule pre-empts his own. His issue, as I read it, is when he's forced to canceled his own plans for GNR and then have GNR cancel their own plans. Likewise, it must be very difficult to plan his own tour if he can't get any guarantees from GNR's management.

If it were just him having to cancel his plans because GNR were offered an amazing opportunity to play somewhere or a promoter gave them a healthy contract to tour it would be one thing. But I think it goes beyond that.

Shocker...

Imagine being in a band where you had zero creative control and zero influence on any decision making.

It must be incredibly embarrassing so publicly being Axl's employee, actually come to think of it, imagine being Fernando's employee.

Bumblefoot really needs to realize he is as expendable a a shoe to Axl.

"Guns n Roses" ended in '93. What we've had since is Axl Rose solo using the name "Guns n Roses" for the almighty dollar and to spite Slash. Axl's revolving door of musicians are well aware of that but what else would they be doing?
  • Like 1