BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

Personally I'd prefer to be driving around NYC playing small bars and paying my mortgage as opposed to the scenario he describes. I don't deny having lots of money is a good thing, but at what cost, really? At least if he were able to work on songs etc with this band, together... but maybe it is time for a new band for our Bumble. I agree he should not moan, and then tow the line over & over. Everything said however, it will take some guts to walk away.

yeah but you're completely missing my point though! argh

that's all dandy-0 with me too but he says one thing then back tracks, another heavy hint then back tracks, and so on...

maybe Ron's next solo will be "The boy who cried wolf"?

And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

Personally I'd prefer to be driving around NYC playing small bars and paying my mortgage as opposed to the scenario he describes. I don't deny having lots of money is a good thing, but at what cost, really? At least if he were able to work on songs etc with this band, together... but maybe it is time for a new band for our Bumble. I agree he should not moan, and then tow the line over & over. Everything said however, it will take some guts to walk away.

yeah but you're completely missing my point though! argh

that's all dandy-0 with me too but he says one thing then back tracks, another heavy hint then back tracks, and so on...

maybe Ron's next solo will be "The boy who cried wolf"?

no i got your point:

I agree he should not moan, and then tow the line over & over.

i just added my two cents worth too.

Bumble made up with management because he got a bollocking, DJ tweeted "don't bite the hand that feeds" and fans are sick of his pity me approach to then back track, again, the following day. When will this man learn. :no:

Maybe he is trying to get fired/released from contract.

Maybe mate, I think it's a possibility.

I'm more in the camp that he uses fans for sympathy to promote himself as the good guy whilst using the GNR brand image. And you know what, regardless of your views of Axl/Management - Bumble would be driving around NYC right now playing small bars and paying his mortgage like the rest of us if Axl hadn't picked him up, fact. DJ's tweet was perfect, imo.

Oh, absolutely. He's used the past year to posture himself as the hero/victim in every interview I can recall. I'm just shocked Axl's letting him get away with it, seeing as he's basically playing the same game Slash did using the media in 95/96 and so on.

Makes you wonder exactly how much Team Brazil shelters him from what's going on...

Maybe, but Axl wants a band of hired hands

They choose them , so i think when a hired hand promoting himself, it's understandable

Lets face it, Axl doesn't want to put out an album and hired hands need to eat (it's fucking obvious that ALL OF THEM in for the money at this point) So they want songwriting credits -> money

i hate self-promoting as fuck (esp. when someone uses the gnr name) but in this case i started to understand the employees motivations

btw we don't even know what's happening if Ron wasn't in Axl's circus. Maybe he went in on another band and puts out 10 albums by now :lol: Maybe he travelled the world and playing with local musicians and teaching guitar...

PS: The way Slash used the media to look cool and Ron "used" the media it's totally different

Slash was a GNR member, not a hired hand (for most of the story) He was the "second" member for the public (maybe even first) so his movings aren't the same as Rons movings

and for fucks sake: DJ is promoting himself too, but he doesn't have enough balls to tell people his real feelings about the band ("i have 12 demos, lol")

DJ IS lying EVERY FUCKING TIME when it comes to GNR

so please, his tweet like himself: is a big pile of mediocrism

Edited by Crash Diet

can anyone give coles notes for this thread so far?

Opinion divided between "Ron tells it like it is", and "Ron is a manipulative bastard and should shit or get off the pot".

I think there were also a few "Ashba is a twatwaffle" posts in there too...

Edited by DangerousCurves

So does anyone else read dj's tweet that they're all paycheck players and are in it for the $$ they make playing other folks music?

The irony is, he's likely joking when that is the most honest thing he could have said.

In fairness, I believe out of everyone Ashba loves being in Guns N' Roses the most, even more than Axl. While guns is Axl's baby, it's quite a burden. Ashba loves the fact he can tour the world playing music written by somebody else and doing rockstar poses while receiving a nice paycheck. Frankly there's nothing wrong with that, though Ashba seems to lack that self awareness.

As far as Ron, he's not a guy who needs the rockstar life. It seems now that he's had his share, he's pretty ambivalent towards it. It seems like right now the single thing keeping him in is the money. If you ever listen to his music it's fairly obvious GN'R isn't his thing. Once again, nothing wrong with that. The man has to put food on the table somehow.

However, in just about any other profession, if you run around and talk bad about your company and your boss repeatedly to the media, you won't have a job much longer.

• Like 2

I don´t mean to bash Jarmo but he isn´t any GNR authority to allow himself any kind of call out to anybody. Whether we agree with Ron or not, he is free to say and do what he wants. He is old enough to know what he does and the consecuences of his words or acts.

No, Jarmo deserves every single thing he gets. He's a kiss ass, worthless little douchebag. He's a joke!

Obvious response by Ashba. Who should talk, and we'll see how he really feels when he's told nothing he's recorded thus far or ever does again will be released.

this band will never be anything beyond what they are now without real management. unfortunately we all know axl's history with pro management. bumble needs to wake up and smell the daisies cause (although the money is easy) evidently what he craves most is creative collaboration & input. and how long has he been waiting for that with this troupe? sadly his dad passed away today and that will be hard but I hope he finds a way to making some final resolve about his happiness.

this is the best news for anyone who hopes to see the original guys back together or for this charade since '93 to finally be over.

BF first needs to quit, then the next guy, and then the whole thing needs to completely meltdown from there where Axl is left all alone.

then once Axl finally wakes up to that reality, he can either make the announcement that GNR is officially over, or pick up the phone and call Izzy and Duff. the Slash and Steven parts would fall into place after that.

so let's hurry up with the meltdown already so we can finally see this thing to its merciful end, or a rebirth back to the beginning.

• Like 1

this is the best news for anyone who hopes to see the original guys back together or for this charade since '93 to finally be over.

BF first needs to quit, then the next guy, and then the whole thing needs to completely meltdown from there where Axl is left all alone.

then once Axl finally wakes up to that reality, he can either make the announcement that GNR is officially over, or pick up the phone and call Izzy and Duff. the Slash and Steven parts would fall into place after that.

so let's hurry up with the meltdown already so we can finally see this thing to its merciful end, or a rebirth back to the beginning.

I think that if the whole band quit, Axl would just let it go.

I think that if the whole band quit, Axl would just let it go.

and that'd be ten times better than all the nonsense from the past 20 years. at least things could finally rest in peace at that point..

"turn me around and go back to the start..i must be losing my mind are you blind"

I echo the sentiment... shit or get off the pot. call it a day and ride off into the sunset having made your mark in history OR run your flag up the pole and see whos still around to salute it. When the kids that were teenagers 2001- on become middle aged and are still waiting then maybe they will finally know taste the bittersweet poison called HOPE

Its like watching a heartbeat monitor .........^--------------^------------^-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ with this band..."Oh my Chinese Democracy starts now!(2001) LEAKS! (pops a stiffy) AN ALBUM (uh WTF?) Oh another tour (meh) DJ had a bowel movement does this signal that they are close to finishing an album??(42 page thread that devolves into a Slash Vs THAL pissing contest)

• Like 1

He should quit. GN'R isn't going anywhere but BBF still has music in him that needs to be written and recorded.

Then why doesn't he? I like Bumble but he keeps leading us to believe he's leaving, then changes his mind likely for the paycheck.

This band just made it clear they're going to continue to tour and do what Axl wants regardless of what Bumble wants. So whenever he's ready for the rest of his life to begin, he can feel to begin it.

Now I'm starting to buy into the mods theory that bumble likes to manipulate the media a little..he got so many people here excited over something he doesn't have the balls to do.

Edited by ARBeast

He should quit. GN'R isn't going anywhere but BBF still has music in him that needs to be written and recorded.

Then why doesn't he? I like Bumble but he keeps leading us to believe he's leaving, then changes his mind likely for the paycheck.

This band just made it clear they're going to continue to tour and do what Axl wants regardless of what Bumble wants. So whenever he's ready for the rest of his life to begin, he can feel to begin it.

Now I'm starting to buy into the mods theory that bumble likes to manipulate the media a little..he got so many people here excited over something he doesn't have the balls to do.

He's been playing the nice guy role for too long. Half of it is his personality the other half is him being manipulative. It's simply never good practice to undermine your employer in any capacity. This should be a lesson to everyone because this applies in all areas of life.

Truth is that if BBF left the band, after a few days no one would talk about it any more and the same applies to all the other Gn'R 'members' except obviously for Axl. The band should be called Axl & the Replaceables.

Bumbles been in the band since 2006, he also gets mentioned alongside Axl more than any other member of the current band - Bumble's an important part of modern Guns. If Bumble was to go it probably wouldn't adversely affect GnR... they can manage with two guitars if necessary and they can always try and find another guitar player as good as bumble (wait... there's very few as good as Bumble and those that are probably wouldn't join the band). Basically they would no longer be able to confidently pull off some of the chinese songs and the general public would see it as yet another member of the band leaving and being replaced. A lot of current fans would be a little miffed, old fans would concoct a storyline of reunions... reality is that it would probably be business as usual.