BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

Ron Ron Ron *shakes head* -- mind it's been a few weeks since he had a bit of attention. No offence hardly anyone had even heard of him until Axl asked him to join GNR, I suspect his life is significantly better as a consequence aswell. He plays the media BIG TIME (re sympathy) and I'm amazed half of you just don't see it. To be honest, every time he opens his mouth I loose a little bit more respect for him.

Walk the walk bumble! I mean if it's a bad and frustrating as you describe it and have done for several months and years. Leave! Take the GNR logo off your tour posters and advertising and rock the world as a solo artist. No? No, didn't think so.

• Like 1

Thal admitted in a recent interview with the "Totally Driven Radio" podcast that he was not pleased with GUNS N' ROSES' shows consistently starting very late due to Axl Rose's tardiness. Although he said "that hasn't happened for a long time," Thal revealed, "I absolutely had the hardest time out of anybody in the band with that stuff I mean, hell, if I have to wait five minutes longer in a doctor's office, or in traffic or something like that, I'm starting to get annoyed. So imagine, if that's five minutes, imagine two hours. Yeah, I get it; I totally get it. It's not like I don't care, it's just there's nothing I can do."

Thal continued, "There's been times when I just walked off stage and started throwing a fit on the side it's not just the waiting, it's the fact that, if you're gonna do that to someone that isn't expecting that and has a babysitter waiting, or you have to be up in four hours for work, or the buses are gonna stop running soon, or whatever it is"

Thal added, "There's always the fans that are, like, 'Nah, it's a rock concert. They should be three hours late.' Maybe for you, but not for the other 20,000 people Everyone's got responsibilities. Rent isn't what it was in the '70s. There's a lot more living hand to mouth, and you can't fuck with that."

LOL at the Axl worshippers who defend Axl for going on stage late. Nice to see an actual member of the band complain about it.

And wow. What a lack of respect Fernando and Beta show for Axl's hired guns. Stories like this have to make all the Beta supporters cringe. Tho I guess I'm not surprised to see some people bashing BBF for this interview. At this point, I don't know whether to laugh or shame my head at how people's opinions are solely based on how the situation effects Axl Rose. I guess to them, the man will always be their God for them to idolize.

Ron seems like a great guy.

If Axl and Beta don't give him a chance to put his mark on GnR, you really can't blame him for eventually bailing (like so many others have).

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Look guys... this band is far from being a joke. The reality is that the people that are involved in the label are very biased and don't endorse it. Maybe because they want to reunite the old band and don't like the way the new songs sound. They sound very differently from Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine etc...So in a way it doesn't sound like the Guns N'Roses band we're used to.

Also there's a lot of people behind the scenes trying their best to not allow stuff to be released.

It's a very very complicated situation. And i'm pretty sure it's very frustrating for Axl in times to get things going again and to even wanting to get to that creative mood.

Who knows if Azoff didn't have a deal with Slash for a reunion and because of it he did what he did to Chinese Democracy. You can't pull the idea of a reunion out of the blue.

It's a possibility that Azoff might have had everything set up for a reunion even before things started to go down. He clearly did everything in his power to get that reunion done, but he wasn't able to because Axl is a very strong and honest man and refuses to give his ass to his former old mates. You gotta respect that!

If Axl had chosen another name for his band, he would be releasing records continuously. Doing it with the name Guns N'Roses is more complicated then what it appears. It involves other people that aren't exactly in the band anymore and that have enough power to stop things from getting released at times. It's all business and sometimes business gets in the way of getting things done.

You must be on crack...

Anyway, I would laugh my ass off if BBF leaves... I bet anything you want that Axl will take this opportnity to blame BBF for the delays of the next album, lol.

Axl should just retire.

is it me or was some of that interview some rehash of stuff he's already said?

I think he's got a valid point I mean why can't they plan ahead so he can do both? why does it have to be a last minute thing all the time.

myself, I never heard of ron before he joined gnr, and it's not likely i'll go see him if he shows up for a solo effort, so make the smart move here ron.

Ron Ron Ron *shakes head* -- mind it's been a few weeks since he had a bit of attention. No offence hardly anyone had even heard of him until Axl asked him to join GNR, I suspect his life is significantly better as a consequence aswell. He plays the media BIG TIME (re sympathy) and I'm amazed half of you just don't see it. To be honest, every time he opens his mouth I loose a little bit more respect for him.

Walk the walk bumble! I mean if it's a bad and frustrating as you describe it and have done for several months and years. Leave! Take the GNR logo off your tour posters and advertising and rock the world as a solo artist. No? No, didn't think so.

The guy scheduled his own tour. Then he is told by management to cancelled because GN´R had plans for December and January. Then he is told those plans are cancelled. Well that´s Axl being Axl. And Ron just got fed up and pissed off. And he should be. This is not the way the band should run business. Today is a yes, tomorrow is a no WTF??? Ron made it public. He is not a happy camper maybe he never really was. He was in for the money. All the hired guys are there for the money and their own publicity.

The guy scheduled his own tour. Then he is told by management to cancelled because GN´R had plans for December and January. Then he is told those plans are cancelled. Well that´s Axl being Axl. And Ron just got fed up and pissed off. And he should be. This is not the way the band should run business. Today is a yes, tomorrow is a no WTF??? Ron made it public. He is not a happy camper maybe he never really was. He was in for the money. All the hired guys are there for the money and their own publicity.

Oh please!

Ron manipulates the press big time and honestly at the moment, I'd be hard pressed finding anything he says as completely accurate but hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled I theirs no problem :)

Like I said, if he's that frustrated and fed but he's more than able to walk away. Take the GNR logo off all his advertising -- "2014 hot source bumble foot tour" I'm sure it would be a box office hit world wide.

• Like 1

Yes, leave, it would be good intertainment :popcorn:

I wonder who could replace him... we went from Slash to Bh to BBF, I guess the next step would logically be a no name who has a few cover videos on YouTube.

Edited by Kapitch_77

Look guys... this band is far from being a joke. The reality is that the people that are involved in the label are very biased and don't endorse it. Maybe because they want to reunite the old band and don't like the way the new songs sound. They sound very differently from Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine etc...So in a way it doesn't sound like the Guns N'Roses band we're used to.

Also there's a lot of people behind the scenes trying their best to not allow stuff to be released.

It's a very very complicated situation. And i'm pretty sure it's very frustrating for Axl in times to get things going again and to even wanting to get to that creative mood.

Who knows if Azoff didn't have a deal with Slash for a reunion and because of it he did what he did to Chinese Democracy. You can't pull the idea of a reunion out of the blue.

It's a possibility that Azoff might have had everything set up for a reunion even before things started to go down. He clearly did everything in his power to get that reunion done, but he wasn't able to because Axl is a very strong and honest man and refuses to give his ass to his former old mates. You gotta respect that!

If Axl had chosen another name for his band, he would be releasing records continuously. Doing it with the name Guns N'Roses is more complicated then what it appears. It involves other people that aren't exactly in the band anymore and that have enough power to stop things from getting released at times. It's all business and sometimes business gets in the way of getting things done.

I remember my first beer...

• Like 1

Seems Ron is just trying to figure out his own thing, trying to schedule his solo stuff around his GnR stuff, but can't even get an answer on what his band is doing.

I really don't see an issue with his comments. He was talking about himself, and the things that impact his life. And at the same time was saying some decent things about Axl. If you need to reach someone for info important to you and they don't return your call, maybe you look for another way to reach them - and he chose the media.

He seems to want to work out a life that includes GnR. But how do you do that in a vacuum?

• Like 2

Oh please!

Ron manipulates the press big time and honestly at the moment, I'd be hard pressed finding anything he says as completely accurate but hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled I theirs no problem :)

Like I said, if he's that frustrated and fed but he's more than able to walk away. Take the GNR logo off all his advertising -- "2014 hot source bumble foot tour" I'm sure it would be a box office hit world wide.

I don´t deny he is using the media. But he has to do it because he can´t get a quick and straight answer from the management. If he is asking for an answer they should give it to him. Otherwise it looks they don´t respect the guy and they don´t give a fuck about him. If he feels that way then he has to call their attention. Personally I´m a fan of the old band. So I don´t care if Ron stays or not. But it seems Axl doesn´t care either about the band he fought so hard to build. Axl is the one with the problem here

Oh please!

I don´t deny he is using the media. But he has to do it because he can´t get a quick and straight answer from the management. If he is asking for an answer they should give it to him. Otherwise it looks they don´t respect the guy and they don´t give a fuck about him. If he feels that way then he has to call their attention. Personally I´m a fan of the old band. So I don´t care if Ron stays or not. But it seems Axl doesn´t care either about the band he fought so hard to build. Axl is the one with the problem here
Says who? You!?

Just because it's printed or Ron said it doesn't mean its accurate -- honestly, I think he manipulates the GNR name massively. Like I keep saying; if he's that fucked off then leave but no, we get interview after interview after interview about how poor and frustrating it is to be in the band. It's like a co worker at work going on and on and on and on and you think 'Jesus, either say something and find a new job and stop with all the talk'

• Like 1

Presumably they pay him on time. He gets all the publicity benefits of being in one of the biggest rock n roll bands ever.

If he has a problem waiting for an answer, the reasonable way to resolve it is NOT to raise it in the press. He's not reaching out to some criminal in hiding.

He has fernando's number in his phone for christsakes, he could sort it out privately in 30 seconds!

Oh please!

Says who? You!?

Just because it's printed or Ron said it doesn't mean its accurate -- honestly, I think he manipulates the GNR name massively. Like I keep saying; if he's that fucked off then leave but no, we get interview after interview after interview about how poor and frustrating it is to be in the band. It's like a co worker at work going on and on and on and on and you think 'Jesus, either say something and find a new job and stop with all the talk'

So first it was Slash now is Ron the one who lies. Well for me it is accurate what Ron says until I see evidence to the contrary.

WTF? How many times has he seriously complained? And over how many years? It's not like he's bitching all the time, is it?

I don't understand this idea that he should quit if he has negative things to say. Personally, I think he should quit, but he has every right to try to stick it out for the pay check or whatever else keeps him working for Axl if that's what he feels like doing. And he has every right to complain from time to time - until Axl decides it's enough, that is.

• Like 2

This was interesting point but can you be more specific. Are you saying Axl needs permission from Old Gnr musicians to put new music out? So Chidem wouldn't have come out if for example Slash or Duff had not approved this?

Edited by Janis

Bumblefoot rules out leaving:

I totally get his frustration. I would imagine making these statements in public are a last ditch effort after he's exhausted all internal avenues.

It's a shame that people didn't get Slash's frustration, and still don't. Instead when he complained in public, he was labeled manipulative, a media whore, only mentioned Axl and Guns to gain attention, blah blah blah. Yet Ron, (who has writing credits on how many hit songs for GNR?) looks like a friggin saint to people here. Poor guy. :lol: It's amusing. Is it because he's nice? Because he talks to fans? Because he said he wants Axl to hit the stage on time? Because he got Axl to play Estranged? Because he wants the band to put out new music? Hey, you know who else is like ALL of that, and who wrote the amazing guitar parts the other guy didn't come up with himself and can only cover?

I don't dislike BBF, but people's reactions to his whining (again) is just too funny.

• Like 2

If this is true bout Ron not hearing from Axl for 2 weeks then Axl lives in a complete bubble or is somehere where he can't be contacted but you can't do that when you have employees. You have to make yourself available. He can't expect his bandmates to wait around til Axl Rose gets his shit together! It's incredibly selfish but then he's always been selfish. That's the main reason why he's where is is today. He would just walk off stage or keep his band waiting because he felt like it and no thought for anyone else. I really like Axl. When I saw him perform he was sincere, gave everything on stage and had great presence but he needs to get out new music and not leave his bandmates in the dark. It's inexcusable.

I just feel also there's a possibility that the Lebeis family don't tell Axl that Ron or anyone is trying to contact him. Wasn't it said somewhere before by Axl or TB that they shield him from things?

Edited by Janis