BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

The bottom line is that Axl doesn't know what he is doing half of the time. I love the guy, I really do, but he should not be the one in charge. As long as "team Brazil" is the "management" then its going to be exactly what Axl wants to do. While that might sound good to Axl, I think he needs someone pushing him. It's not suprising that gnr faired better when Alan Niven or even Goldsteen were running the show, especially Niven. Band members aside, nugnr would be a lot more successful if a guy like Niven was the manager again. Axl is a great frontman, singer, artist, etc. But he is a terrible leader. He needs someone pushing him, even if it pisses him off from time to time. Atleast it gets him motivated. Right now he has absolutly no motivation to do anything. I'm not talking about the holidays, but in general. Take the holidays off, thats fine. But are you really gonna sit around until next summer? Work on some new music at least. I'm sorry but Team Brazil just caters to him, which means nothing is gonna happen for a long time. Sad but true folks. Maybe a tour next summer, prolly SA, but don't count on much other than that. It's just gonna be a let down.

This!

Purely speculation, but anyone else think Ron might be getting fired?

How is it that Dizzy and Richard especially know about 2014 plans, but Ron knows absolutely nothing and can't even get an answer when he asks? Maybe they're thinking about letting him go, but want to wait until a replacement is ready to step in since they know Ron will tell the world as soon as he knows.

Again, purely speculation.

How is it that Dizzy and Richard especially know about 2014 plans, but Ron knows absolutely nothing and can't even get an answer when he asks? Maybe they're thinking about letting him go, but want to wait until a replacement is ready to step in since they know Ron will tell the world as soon as he knows.

You're a news reporter, right? Shouldn't you be out there trying to figure this out instead of asking us? Do something useful for once.

On a certain level I agree with what UK Subs is saying, Bumble is definitely skilled at "working" the press and the fanbase, but at this point I don't know how anyone can question this. He has been in Guns n' fucking Roses for SEVEN YEARS and the band has not released a single new song. And still no release in sight. In fact as far as we know they haven't even gotten together in a studio to record something as a group. They can't release a live dvd that has been done for months. Hell, they can't even release a fucking announcement.

Anyone who questions Ron for being frustrated at this point really needs to re-evaluate their position. I fucking hate to say it, but this band has basically become Spinal Tap. Except even they released albums. I'd take a Shit Sandwich at this point.

Presumably they pay him on time. He gets all the publicity benefits of being in one of the biggest rock n roll bands ever.

If he has a problem waiting for an answer, the reasonable way to resolve it is NOT to raise it in the press. He's not reaching out to some criminal in hiding.

He has fernando's number in his phone for christsakes, he could sort it out privately in 30 seconds!

You really believe Fernando would pick up the phone for Ron? hahahahahahahahahaha..

You are too adorable when u post :P It's almost like you have a clue

The next thing out of camp GNR: "BBF didnt want to be here for you ..truth is he didnt want to be at this level for me or for you. His refusal to work with us in pursuit of his own career choices..has cost us time and delays and caused us to forfiet our 2014 plans to bring you some new music. We tried very hard to make it work with him but he left us with no choice but to move on without him. If hes not here its because he chose not be here."

followed by Axlnuttsuckers jumping on the band wagon and saying shit like:" BBF was underrated and selfish media whore who rode along on GNR's name for his own gain. He used Axl to further his own career and would have gone no where if he it wasnt for GNR and Axl."

"I never like Ron in the first place...bring back Fink"(cough cough gag)....Some shithead will actually say that ...wait for it... you can make money placing bets on just who in this forum is going to defend this defuct broken down has been concept of Axl and him being the biggest baddest singer in the biggest baddest band that ever was.

watch for it. These same people just accused him of: "using the media ie Slash Strategy...whining to get attention...blackmailing Axl into action etc...

The statement has merit and it has so much element of truth in it that reveals what a good percentage of us already know... GNR is hobby and not a ongoing phenomenon.

Edited by rockerman
  • Like 3

You're a news reporter, right? Shouldn't you be out there trying to figure this out instead of asking us? Do something useful for once.

Yes, I am a news reporter. What a wonderful observation. And like the other news reporters I am discussing the topic as a fan. I make one post as opposed to their 20 or so, and you jump down my throat. Gee, I wonder why. As you would say, need a tissue?

Yes, I am a news reporter. What a wonderful observation. And like the other news reporters I am discussing the topic as a fan. I make one post as opposed to their 20 or so, and you jump down my throat. Gee, I wonder why. As you would say, need a tissue?

Actually, I looked through the newswire and noticed something stunning. All of your breaking news stories have been deleted. Wait... what do you mean you haven't posted a single thing? I don't think a tissue is going to help me with your amazing lack of productivity. Time to start calling you Axl.

maybe he's already fired and this is his pr stunt to look like the good guy? (speculation)

Actually, I looked through the newswire and noticed something stunning. All of your breaking news stories have been deleted. Wait... what do you mean you haven't posted a single thing? I don't think a tissue is going to help me with your amazing lack of productivity. Time to start calling you Axl.

I'm not going to derail this thread into an argument about my productivity. I'll leave you with this - I'm selective about which news threads I post in the Headlines section, but you can find several throughout the forum. And Media Crew does more than just post news articles. ;)

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further, or hell PM an admin. I see you've found a new crusade for your dumb internet persona, and I wish you a safe voyage. Now back on topic -

I'm not going to derail this thread into an argument about my productivity. I'll leave you with this - I'm selective about which news threads I post in the Headlines section, but you can find several throughout the forum. And Media Crew does more than just post news articles. ;)

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further, or hell PM an admin. I see you've found a new crusade for your dumb internet persona, and I wish you a safe voyage. Now back on topic -

So you're a news reporter that is selective about posting nothing as far as actual news is concerned, but is quick to start hurling insults when called out on his incompetence. Interesting.

:popcorn:

The guitarist can't get an answer about plans despite attempting to communicate with management for two weeks? This band sucks so bad.

That´s exactly what I think. We were hoping Axl would answere 5 questions. Not even his band mate can get answers

this

but i think Ron wait for the next album release, then after some touring he just walks away, like every sane band member in this band

So you're a news reporter that is selective about posting nothing as far as actual news is concerned, but is quick to start hurling insults when called out on his incompetence. Interesting.

See previous post on taking it to PM. We've already gone too far into the vortex.

Moving on...

Edited by Broskirose

Purely speculation, but anyone else think Ron might be getting fired?How is it that Dizzy and Richard especially know about 2014 plans, but Ron knows absolutely nothing and can't even get an answer when he asks? Maybe they're thinking about letting him go, but want to wait until a replacement is ready to step in since they know Ron will tell the world as soon as he knows.Again, purely speculation.

I'm not going to derail this thread into an argument about my productivity. I'll leave you with this - I'm selective about which news threads I post in the Headlines section, but you can find several throughout the forum. And Media Crew does more than just post news articles. ;)Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss this further, or hell PM an admin. I see you've found a new crusade for your dumb internet persona, and I wish you a safe voyage. Now back on topic -
See previous post on taking it to PM. We've already gone too far into the vortex. Moving on...

That's OK. I've said all that needs to be said about that subject.

The guitarist can't get an answer about plans despite attempting to communicate with management for two weeks? This band sucks so bad.

That´s exactly what I think. We were hoping Axl would answere 5 questions. Not even his band mate can get answers

this

but i think Ron wait for the next album release, then after some touring he just walks away, like every sane band member in this band

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just can't seem to see Ron waiting that long to leave... and that's assuming a new album gets released at some point.

I've hung out with the guy, Ron is legit one of the nicest people out there. He is not looking to screw anyone over and I honestly think his frustrations are reasonable. If GNR was writing, recording, and releasing music he would not feel this way. They aren't doing those things. We all know how fucked up the inner workings of Team Brazil and Axl are.

Ron is a really dedicated guy and he gives more of a shit about the fans then everyone else in the band combined (not that they don't either, Ron just takes it to another level). We would gain nothing from him leaving, but I understand if he has to and will have another fan out of me that wouldn't have heard of him if he did not join Guns.

Bumblefoot is my favorite member of GNR right now because of his honesty.

GNR is a total trainwreck, I wouldn't blame Ron for getting the hell outta there. Although GNR would be losing a great musician and a great dude but that's what happens when a band is so unwilling to actually be cohesive and productive

Edited by WhazUp

Three years ago if you'd have told me Ron was quitting the band I would've been gutted.

Now? I'd be excited. Ron Thal is an amazing musician and a talented songwriter. GNR never do anything except the same tired setlists. No hint of new music. No hint of the band having even set foot in a recording studio since 2006.

Ron should leave Guns and put out more albums like Abnormal and Normal and leave Axl to continue pissing away his time and the GNR legacy.