BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

BF has this same tantrum every three months yet he always sticks around for the cash. I mean he obviously hates being in gnr - no album, boring setlist, frustrating his solo plans, no communication, the bullying thing when he first joined - so it must be the money which keeps in on board.

I've really taken a step back from Guns N' Roses over the past two or three years and haven't really paid attention to their current events. In that time I've become a fan of a lot of other artists that I've followed a lot more closely. It's really bizarre looking at Guns N' Roses now and how the band's handled and all the drama that's involved. The guitarist has no clue what the band's up to? He's been asking for weeks and can't get an answer? How does a band become so backwards?

• Like 2

BF has this same tantrum every three months yet he always sticks around for the cash. I mean he obviously hates being in gnr - no album, boring setlist, frustrating his solo plans, no communication, the bullying thing when he first joined - so it must be the money which keeps in on board.

Pretty much. I don't blame the guy for being frustrated but you'd think he'd have figured the set-up by now. Shut up and turn up when we ask and don't question anything. That's the deal. Now if he can't accept that then just walk away. Otherwise it comes off at this stage as just moaning for the sake of it, or trying to get more money to stay on board.

I've really taken a step back from Guns N' Roses over the past two or three years and haven't really paid attention to their current events. In that time I've become a fan of a lot of other artists that I've followed a lot more closely. It's really bizarre looking at Guns N' Roses now and how the band's handled and all the drama that's involved. The guitarist has no clue what the band's up to? He's been asking for weeks and can't get an answer? How does a band become so backwards?

Well, a spoiled rock star puts incompetent yes men in charge of every aspect of the band. This is the result.

Ron Ron Ron *shakes head* -- mind it's been a few weeks since he had a bit of attention. No offence hardly anyone had even heard of him until Axl asked him to join GNR, I suspect his life is significantly better as a consequence aswell. He plays the media BIG TIME (re sympathy) and I'm amazed half of you just don't see it. To be honest, every time he opens his mouth I loose a little bit more respect for him.

Walk the walk bumble! I mean if it's a bad and frustrating as you describe it and have done for several months and years. Leave! Take the GNR logo off your tour posters and advertising and rock the world as a solo artist. No? No, didn't think so.

The guy scheduled his own tour. Then he is told by management to cancelled because GN´R had plans for December and January. Then he is told those plans are cancelled. Well that´s Axl being Axl. And Ron just got fed up and pissed off. And he should be. This is not the way the band should run business. Today is a yes, tomorrow is a no WTF??? Ron made it public. He is not a happy camper maybe he never really was. He was in for the money. All the hired guys are there for the money and their own publicity.

Oh please!

Ron manipulates the press big time and honestly at the moment, I'd be hard pressed finding anything he says as completely accurate but hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled I theirs no problem :)

Like I said, if he's that frustrated and fed but he's more than able to walk away. Take the GNR logo off all his advertising -- "2014 hot source bumble foot tour" I'm sure it would be a box office hit world wide.

I don´t deny he is using the media. But he has to do it because he can´t get a quick and straight answer from the management. If he is asking for an answer they should give it to him. Otherwise it looks they don´t respect the guy and they don´t give a fuck about him. If he feels that way then he has to call their attention. Personally I´m a fan of the old band. So I don´t care if Ron stays or not. But it seems Axl doesn´t care either about the band he fought so hard to build. Axl is the one with the problem here
Says who? You!?

Just because it's printed or Ron said it doesn't mean its accurate -- honestly, I think he manipulates the GNR name massively. Like I keep saying; if he's that fucked off then leave but no, we get interview after interview after interview about how poor and frustrating it is to be in the band. It's like a co worker at work going on and on and on and on and you think 'Jesus, either say something and find a new job and stop with all the talk'

oh please!

It's obvious that he wants some song credits on the next album, so he will wait till the next album...

btw if the reporters asked him about this type of questions at least he STILL answers what's on his mind...

besides this i can agree with you that he should stop using GNR to promote his stuff

I just find it hilarious like you reacted like an Axl nutswinger this time, lol

DS, are you gonna take that man? He thinks because his name is blue, he's better than you.

Broski: Brah, you gona let him say you're incompetent? Hell no. Kill 'em.

:popcorn:

Stirring the pot and contributing nothing. Yup, you're living up to your name all right. Thanks again for the contributions though, you've contributed as much here as chris pittman does for Axl's cover band :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

i understand bbf, guns havent been releasing or recording anything for a while and they book things without talking to the members...so i understand.

As do I, but when does he step up and actually quit? I mean, just food for thought, but if Bumble doesn't ever quit doesn't that confirm he's a sellout who's just in it for a paycheck? Again, just a thought...

Edited by ARBeast

The guitarist can't get an answer about plans despite attempting to communicate with management for two weeks? This band sucks so bad.

That´s exactly what I think. We were hoping Axl would answere 5 questions. Not even his band mate can get answers

this

but i think Ron wait for the next album release, then after some touring he just walks away, like every sane band member in this band

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just can't seem to see Ron waiting that long to leave... and that's assuming a new album gets released at some point.

I strongly think (or assume) that the 30th anniversary WILL be milking to death with a new album

Edited by Crash Diet

Pretty much. I don't blame the guy for being frustrated but you'd think he'd have figured the set-up by now. Shut up and turn up when we ask and don't question anything. That's the deal. Now if he can't accept that then just walk away. Otherwise it comes off at this stage as just moaning for the sake of it, or trying to get more money to stay on board.

Bingo. Couldn't agree more. I respect Bumble a lot for being honest. You feel like some of the guys Axl hires over the years are in too much fear or dictation that they won't speak up, yet regardless, Bumble says what's on his mind. I respect the hell out of it.

No problem regardless of what he does after this. But I agree, how many more interviews is he going to give bitching about things, then responds by doing nothing. It would really make me wonder if he was still in Axl's coverband two years from now giving interviews like this...

Ron Ron Ron *shakes head* -- mind it's been a few weeks since he had a bit of attention. No offence hardly anyone had even heard of him until Axl asked him to join GNR, I suspect his life is significantly better as a consequence aswell. He plays the media BIG TIME (re sympathy) and I'm amazed half of you just don't see it. To be honest, every time he opens his mouth I loose a little bit more respect for him.

Walk the walk bumble! I mean if it's a bad and frustrating as you describe it and have done for several months and years. Leave! Take the GNR logo off your tour posters and advertising and rock the world as a solo artist. No? No, didn't think so.

The guy scheduled his own tour. Then he is told by management to cancelled because GN´R had plans for December and January. Then he is told those plans are cancelled. Well that´s Axl being Axl. And Ron just got fed up and pissed off. And he should be. This is not the way the band should run business. Today is a yes, tomorrow is a no WTF??? Ron made it public. He is not a happy camper maybe he never really was. He was in for the money. All the hired guys are there for the money and their own publicity.

Oh please!

Ron manipulates the press big time and honestly at the moment, I'd be hard pressed finding anything he says as completely accurate but hey, that's just my opinion. Everyone is entitled I theirs no problem :)

Like I said, if he's that frustrated and fed but he's more than able to walk away. Take the GNR logo off all his advertising -- "2014 hot source bumble foot tour" I'm sure it would be a box office hit world wide.

I don´t deny he is using the media. But he has to do it because he can´t get a quick and straight answer from the management. If he is asking for an answer they should give it to him. Otherwise it looks they don´t respect the guy and they don´t give a fuck about him. If he feels that way then he has to call their attention. Personally I´m a fan of the old band. So I don´t care if Ron stays or not. But it seems Axl doesn´t care either about the band he fought so hard to build. Axl is the one with the problem here
Says who? You!?

Just because it's printed or Ron said it doesn't mean its accurate -- honestly, I think he manipulates the GNR name massively. Like I keep saying; if he's that fucked off then leave but no, we get interview after interview after interview about how poor and frustrating it is to be in the band. It's like a co worker at work going on and on and on and on and you think 'Jesus, either say something and find a new job and stop with all the talk'

I don't understand this logic.

Every time Slash or BBF does an interview where they aren't kissing Axl or beta's ass, you guys always say they are "manipulating the press." Could it be that they are just HONESTLY answering questions?

I'm not trying to argue with you, but the Axl worship is starting to get a little outrageous. Even Gilby is now getting bashed by people in this forum because he said something that wasn't 100% positive about Axl, even though 99% of what he says is positive.

The world doesn't revolve around Axl Rose. People don't have to process their every movement based on how it effects Axl Rose.

BBF is IN THE FRIGGING BAND. He has 100% right to speak out however he wants about HIS OWN LIFE AND CAREER. He isn't a puppet that has to say alter every word out of his mouth to praise Axl Rose.

Axl and Beta hired BBF to be in the band. If they aren't coming through with their promises to him, then he has every right to voice his opinion. I'm constantly shocked by how people on this forum defend the moves that Axl and Beta/Fernando are making. So now BBF is the asshole because he gets irritated when the GnR camp makes career altering changes on a moment's notice, with no concern with how it effects him.

I guess BBF should just bow down and be a good little bitch and put his solo career on hold, not do any interviews unless he is praising Axl and Beta/Fernando's every move, and just sit there by the phone waiting for Fernando's call to let him know what is happening in how OWN band. According to some in here, the greatest thing that could happen in anybody's life is to be a member of Axl Rose's band. The idol worship is insane.

All this shows it that this isn't a band. This is the Axl Rose project, using the GnR name for publicity, and the members are all just hired hands. While a small group fail to see the problem with that, even though 99.99% of the rest of the world "gets it."

We should be praising BBF for his loyalty to Axl and the band and for not quitting. You guys constantly bash Slash for "walking out" on Axl.......but now people are bashing BBF for NOT walking out and for staying with the band. Unbelievable.

(Subs, not all this is directed at you. I'm talking in general about 5-6 posters on here).

Edited by Groghan

Pretty much the same for me. This will look even weirder years from now.

BF leaves...

2 days later, a new guitarrists is announced.

<<OMFG, this is the best guitar player ever!!!>>

Until they cover and likely butcher one of Bumble's solos. There are just oh so many of those..

But seriously, once they play a solo from Slash or Bucket, then they will be hated again, most likely. And around and around we go!!!!

Yeah, BBF has every right to say how he feels, and he definitely is in a shitty situation, but it always comes off as a tantrum more than anything. It's hard to feel sorry for him. This is in no way a defense for Axl or TB, but jesus, if he's so fed up then just grow a spine and walk away already. Instead we'll probably see him complaining again in some form exactly a month from now, like clockwork. I swear to god this guy bleeds out of his vagina.

Look guys... this band is far from being a joke. The reality is that the people that are involved in the label are very biased and don't endorse it. Maybe because they want to reunite the old band and don't like the way the new songs sound. They sound very differently from Paradise City, Sweet Child O'Mine etc...So in a way it doesn't sound like the Guns N'Roses band we're used to.

Also there's a lot of people behind the scenes trying their best to not allow stuff to be released.

It's a very very complicated situation. And i'm pretty sure it's very frustrating for Axl in times to get things going again and to even wanting to get to that creative mood.

Who knows if Azoff didn't have a deal with Slash for a reunion and because of it he did what he did to Chinese Democracy. You can't pull the idea of a reunion out of the blue.

It's a possibility that Azoff might have had everything set up for a reunion even before things started to go down. He clearly did everything in his power to get that reunion done, but he wasn't able to because Axl is a very strong and honest man and refuses to give his ass to his former old mates. You gotta respect that!

If Axl had chosen another name for his band, he would be releasing records continuously. Doing it with the name Guns N'Roses is more complicated then what it appears. It involves other people that aren't exactly in the band anymore and that have enough power to stop things from getting released at times. It's all business and sometimes business gets in the way of getting things done.

Ok lets say this is true, then why not work on new music and play it at shows? Absolutly nothing is stopping Axl from promoting his product at each and every gnr show. But the truth is they don't even work on new music. Thats what I don't get. Guns n' Roses is so big of a name that they don't need a record label, unless they release an album. But until everything is figured out with the the record company, they (as a band) could be creating excitement for the product, by playing new music at the shows. More could be done on the part of the band and management is my point, not just the record label. Edited by Mike420

bumblefoot has every right to speak his mind. a guy that is in the band cannot even get any information from the management of the band that is pretty disturbing.

i wonder if TB sent a message back that read "complaints,complaints,complaints"

Edited by bran

I hope he doesn't leave, at this point he is my favorite member until axl decides to actually write or release music.

That said, he's had his foot out the door for a while now, him leaving wouldn't be a surprise.

As for a replacement, I can't see axl hiring a new musician. Robin isn't doing anything at the moment as far as I know, so he would probably be the likely candidate, but bucket would probably be on axl's list too.