Hey, "Team Brazil"... take notes.

Matt13

Maybe here, from "GNR is #1" fanboy's. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of these forums that agrees with you. Not to say GNR doesn't put on a great show, but it's not even comparable. NIN has more talented musicians, innovative stage production and focus on changing and not being repetitive (the exact opposite of GNR). A touring nostalgia act with an uninspired, lazy and uncaring frontman can't compete.

You can't blame Robin for choosing this....

...over this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSm7QhBhco

• Like 1

LOL. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody that gives a shit about either band in the real world. No amount of shitty videos that you post are going to change that. Wake up, the 90's are just as gone as the 80's.

You clearly don't know anything about NIN if you're writing about the 90s. Unlike GNR, NIN actually continues to release (successful) music, change their live presentation, challenge the industry and perform with some of the greatest touring lineups in the history of music.

While GNR continues to tour as a nostalgia act, NIN creates spectacular new live shows and always pushes the boundaries. Comparing the two live experiences is flat out juvenile. You can like GNR without having to think they're #1 in everything they do. Like I said, they put on a good show. But to compare them to a band that does shit that is actually interesting is foolish.

Sidenote: I don't care much for their 90s music in comparison to their later work (besides The Fragile), but nice try. Wild assumptions based on nothing once again.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 1

Last I checked, Trent was giving his music away for free because nobody cared. I haven't heard a hit new NIN single take over the radio since the 90's. Where is this massive concert attendance that you're imagining. It has nothing to do with GN'R being number 1 and everything to do with a delusional NIN fanboy asking if something was debatable between two has-been bands. When you're dealing with the washed-up, everything is debatable.

• Like 1

Last I checked, Trent was giving his music away for free because nobody cared. I haven't heard a hit new NIN single take over the radio since the 90's. Where is this massive concert attendance that you're imagining. It has nothing to do with GN'R being number 1 and everything to do with a delusional NIN fanboy asking if something was debatable between two has-been bands. When you're dealing with the washed-up, everything is debatable.

So many inaccuracies for someone trying hard to make it seem like they know what they're talking about. First off, Trent gave away The Slip for reasons the least of which are that nobody cares. Second, NIN has had multiple singles released post 90s that were more successful than their 90s singles. Third, stop putting words in my mouth. Fourth, I'm just as much a GNR fanboy as I am a NIN fanboy. I've seen both bands multiple times. The main difference is that I'm realistic. Something you can never seem to grasp.

Reasons? LOL, more successful than their 90's shit, eh? That's pretty funny considering I couldn't turn a corner without hearing their 90's shit in the 90's and I can't name one song since then. You lost all grasp on reality when you started pretending that either one of these bands are have any sort of major relevance today.

Where are these songs then. You saying something is more successful just because you like it more is complete nonsense. Let's compare numbers here. Radio positions and album sales aren't hard to look up. I'll go with The Downward Spiral, you find the more successful shit. You start since you're making the claim that it exists.

Where are these songs then. You saying something is more successful just because you like it more is complete nonsense. Let's compare numbers here. Radio positions and album sales aren't hard to look up. I'll go with The Downward Spiral, you find the more successful shit. You start since you're making the claim that it exists.

Off the top of my head alone, I can tell you that The Hand That Feeds and Only, both released in the mid 2000s are more successful than any 90s singles. There are probably more. Look it up.

The fact that you're even mentioning The Downward Spiral kind of makes my point (nevermind the fact that we've somehow gone from discussing live experiences to single sales). I'd hardly even call NIN industrial anymore. Stop being stuck decades in the past just because your favorite rock band is. I know it's hard to imagine, but some artists actually change and evolve as time goes by. All of this is of course totally irrelevant to the actual focus of this discussion, but you've once again managed to avoid that topic by grasping at straws with arguments that you can't back up.

Stupid! Why compare GNR to NIN?... Two different bands.. i like both GNR NIN and i have seen them live a couple of times.. NIN puts on a great Show. One of my best concert experience ever. GNR in Oslo 06 and 2010 IS my my best concert experience together with Tool 06 and 07.

The music is different and the shows are different, the visuals etc are different. They all put on a great show witch define the band. Further then that EVERY OPINION IS from a SUBJECTIVE PERSPECTIVE.

Both bands are still relevant to their fans but to suggest either band has the same number of fans as they did in their heyday is foolish. I'm a massive Guns fan, now, today and I'm desperate for new material and a UK tour but outside of this message board I don't know anyone else who would care.

Back in the day, EVERYBODY had an opinion on Axl and Guns n Roses, now if non-fans do have an opinon its almost always about Sl*sh not been around.

Instead of a halk full UK arena tour I would have loved to see them play one gig at a massive venue, I'm not sure they could sell enough tickets now though.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head alone, I can tell you that The Hand That Feeds and Only, both released in the mid 2000s are more successful than any 90s singles. There are probably more. Look it up.The fact that you're even mentioning The Downward Spiral kind of makes my point (nevermind the fact that we've somehow gone from discussing live experiences to single sales). I'd hardly even call NIN industrial anymore. Stop being stuck decades in the past just because your favorite rock band is. I know it's hard to imagine, but some artists actually change and evolve as time goes by. All of this is of course totally irrelevant to the actual focus of this discussion, but you've once again managed to avoid that topic by grasping at straws with arguments that you can't back up.

So let's provide no numbers and just pull song titles out of our asses because we know the other guy doesn't care enough to look it up. Great strategy. :thumbsup:

Off the top of my head alone, I can tell you that The Hand That Feeds and Only, both released in the mid 2000s are more successful than any 90s singles. There are probably more. Look it up.The fact that you're even mentioning The Downward Spiral kind of makes my point (nevermind the fact that we've somehow gone from discussing live experiences to single sales). I'd hardly even call NIN industrial anymore. Stop being stuck decades in the past just because your favorite rock band is. I know it's hard to imagine, but some artists actually change and evolve as time goes by. All of this is of course totally irrelevant to the actual focus of this discussion, but you've once again managed to avoid that topic by grasping at straws with arguments that you can't back up.

So let's provide no numbers and just pull song titles out of our asses because we know the other guy doesn't care enough to look it up. Great strategy. :thumbsup:

Closer - 41 on Billboard 200

The Hand That Feeds - 31 on Billboard 200

There you go. Not that it really matters in the first place, or has any relevance to what we're discussing, but there it is.

You sure do post a lot on the subject for someone who claims not to care. Dad rock ftw.

Edit: Apparently The Day the World Went Away (1999) reached #17

Edited by Broskirose

There you go. Not that it really matters in the first place, or has any relevance to what we're discussing, but there it is.

You sure do post a lot on the subject for someone who claims not to care. Dad rock ftw.

Wasn't Chinese Democracy on the Billboard as well?

I post alot for someone that likes listening to you whine, get something right for once.

In other words, you're a cupcake.

Indeed. What is your point? Well a better question is what is Damn_Annoyings' point? He isn't comparing NIN to GNR. He's comparing NIN to NIN (for some reason).

For the record Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums of all time, if not my favorite.

Edited by Broskirose

I post alot for someone that likes listening to you whine, get something right for once.

In other words, you're a cupcake.

Closer - 41 on Billboard 200The Hand That Feeds - 31 on Billboard 200There you go. Not that it really matters in the first place, or has any relevance to what we're discussing, but there it is.You sure do post a lot on the subject for someone who claims not to care. Dad rock ftw.
Indeed. What is your point? Well a better question is what is Damn_Annoyings' point? He isn't comparing NIN to GNR. He's comparing NIN to NIN (for some reason).For the record Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums of all time, if not my favorite.

As they say, it's easy to recognise your own kind. I do appreciate you proving that his greatest success was in the 90's though. I didn't have to waste a single click of my own. A one hit wonder of a comeback in the mid 2000's isn't much to brag about either. :shrugs:

If Chinese Democracy was also a success and was on the Billboard than exactly why should Team Brazil take notes? You're implying that NIN is a superior band than Guns with that comment.

When in reality Guns N' Roses are a much more successful band.